Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sergio Brown on Gronk: 'I put straps on that boy'

James Harden

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sergio is a backup at best going against the best TE in football.

He needs to keep his mouth shut and look at the score board.

I tend to agree.  I find it really annoying when players are trash talking and celebrating their moments when their team is being crushed.  How about "Shut the hell up and go to work!"   When you are dominating, then you can celebrate.  IMHO of course.

I never said Gronk did nothing wrong . In my opinion, Brown had it coming , and Gronk paid a fair price.

But if you watch the replay, it was nowhere near as egregious as some Colt fans are making it out to be.

I haven't read what some of the other Colts fans are saying, so I can't comment on that. Personally, I don't have a problem with a questionable call here or there regarding a hit being legal. There will be hits on players that are in the grey area and the call can go one way or the other. Some players just before getting hit will adjust in such a way that the defender can't help but make an illegal hit (not that that was the intent). So, I have no problem with that at all. My problem with Gronk is where he decided to take out his frustrations. The defender is out of bounds, yeah, maybe only 3 yards +/-, but still he's out of bounds. I know that happens often too, but Gronk's foul was comparable to a flagrant foul in basketball. And again, I compare his manhandling of Brown, in that particular scenario, to a sucker punch. I don't recall exactly what Gronk said about putting Brown down the way he did, but that's like me bragging about walking up to some dude and just punching him in the face when he's not expecting it. Keep the grey-area hits on the field of play when at least a defender should be on the look out and/or expecting.   

I tend to agree.  I find it really annoying when players are trash talking and celebrating their moments when their team is being crushed.  How about "Shut the hell up and go to work!"   When you are dominating, then you can celebrate.  IMHO of course.

All trash talking does is fuel the other player..

Nah, it is just Colts/Pats week recap. And plus this threat title would attract them.  :)

I wasn't talking about fans of the Pats. That comes with the territory. I meant our own fans on here. It's been going on for two weeks now, it's it's continuing. I'm talking about all of those damn "We don't stand a chance against the Patriots" threads. All we do is worship the ground that that they walk on. 

celebrating when you are trailing in the fourth quarter isn't a good look. I realize it was his first td, but he is a lineman, generally that isn't his primary job. I don't have a huge issue with it, but that was maybe the worst celebration ever

Im not disagreeing with the type of TD, because it was terrible, but I wouldve done a TD dance if I were him in the same situation.