Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Indianapolis Colts = Pretenders

SilentHill

The Texans will be going away.

I can't see them beating the Colts at Lucas Oil and they will struggle with the Bengals and Ravens.

Indy are favourites in every remaining game other than Dallas on the road.

I know football isn't played on paper, but there is very little chance of the Texans winning the South.

Right now our defense really concerns me. If a practice squad RB ran rough shod over us then what is Foster going to do? And Mallett appears to be an upgrade over Fitz. I do think we are in good position but I am not taking anything for granted especially after last night.

Right now our defense really concerns me. If a practice squad RB ran rough shod over us then what is Foster going to do? And Mallett appears to be an upgrade over Fitz. I do think we are in good position but I am not taking anything for granted especially after last night.

The Texans aren't the Patriots and O'Brien isn't Bellichick. Last night sucked but the record shows the Colts have beaten the average/poor teams so far and I don't think that is going to change facing the Texans at home. Mallett did look all right last night, but the Browns played pretty badly from what I saw of it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I liked what little we saw from Evan Hull in preseason last year. Hoping he can solidify himself as a good #2 back to spell for JT.
    • When I saw that I was stunned and not just for the Colts but the Jets??!! Granted the Jets are improved over last year but SIX primetime games. I was in New York once and that will hold true after I'm dead.
    • It turns out that he comes from a family and a school with very accomplished women. Not only is his mother a physicist, his sister is a Physician's Assistant who studied at Weill Cornell Graduate School right here on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in NY. His paternal aunt is a senior vice president of a firm. And his graduating class at Georgia Tech had over 50 women graduate in industrial engineering.   He did not bother to mention any of that. He may be the least academically successful member of his family.    https://www.thedailybeast.com/harrison-butkers-atlanta-hometown-scolds-him-over-commencement-speech     That comes across loud and clear.   As for the school being Catholic, there are many Catholic schools that don't preach that. I wonder if Notre Dame would ever invite him to address grads. I doubt it. A group affiliated with the school said that Butker does not represent them. They said that instead of bringing people together, his address was divisive.     https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5502923/2024/05/18/harrison-butker-benedictine-sisters-jersey?source=user-shared-article
    • Yeah... I love how genuinely excited he is by this whole process. From videos coming into the building, to videos of the introduction to his helmet, to just any interview really... he seems so thankful and exuberant. Love his whole demeanor. There's very little to nothing that seems rehearsed or contrived like most of the prospects nowadays... This is not a dig at other players - they are all media coached and prepared so much in the pre-draft process that they lose a lot of their personality in front of the camera. I don't think this is the case with Laiatu. 
    • I just read the full transcript of the speech, and I would've come to believe that the graduating students are only Theology majors. Anyway, understand he chose to say all of that because it seems to be a traditional catholic school.    I guess the problem for him is he loves all things traditional (TLM, old beliefs and tendencies of the culture, how "God of the Old Testament wanted to be worshipped" in his own words, etc.,) and he doesn't like the changing world.    The simple solution is that the New Testament only asked for Two Commandments, and those who know them know it solves all the conflicts. I guess that's the inherent confusion for traditionalists on what to follow!    As for the comments about homemaker, his worldview is too narrow to begin with, and as you pointed out, that didn't even consider his Mother, so not sure how he thought he could speak for all women! 
  • Members

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 36

• Goatface Killah

Goatface Killah 2,039

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,402

• Powerslave

Powerslave 61

• King Colt

King Colt 1,743

• colts89