Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

where do we start?

bestQBever

There's no need at all to give up on this season. We lost to the best team in the NFL and we're still leading our division. Our problem is we can't run the ball or stop the run and our defense is too bipolar. Atleast the rest of the schedule is easy for the most part but we need to win those games and figure some things out along the way. Lets just pray Bradshaw and Allen are ok.

lemme first say that I have not given up on this season. Having said that how do we fix this team in the offseason? Both of our Line's are HORRIBLE. No run game, no stopping the run, no winning big games. I still have hope. But I don't have that much confidence.

show we get in playoffs with a weak conf. suck in playoffs

We have been pretty good at stopping the run this season. I don't know why one game changes it. We just came out flat. Freeman and Jackson played terrible against the run. What we really need is a great run stopping ILB and all around safety but that is really hard to do.

There's no need at all to give up on this season. We lost to the best team in the NFL and we're still leading our division. Our problem is we can't run the ball or stop the run and our defense is too bipolar. Atleast the rest of the schedule is easy for the most part but we need to win those games and figure some things out along the way. Lets just pray Bradshaw and Allen are ok.

Defense is bipolar anymore.  Defense is completely polar in a bad way.

Pass rushing backer(maybe newsome?)

Run stuffin ilb

Coverage ilb

Run stuffing NT

Art jones healthy

2cb that doesnt get flagged all the time

Play making safety

Two mauling guards

A new center

Mewhort to RT?

A new rb that isnt oft injured or a BUST

all that would take about 4 or 5 years.....unless we get a 2012 esque draft class defensively.

all that would take about 4 or 5 years.....unless we get a 2012 esque draft class defensively.

oh i know. Im just pointing out our needs. Cherilous was good yr one but has been horrible this yr. Harrison gets pushed around too much. Both ilbs keep missing tackles but could be due to NT play. Landry has been a BEAST...in the gym. Toler is decent buts gets flagged multiple times nearly every game

We have been pretty good at stopping the run this season. I don't know why one game changes it. We just came out flat. Freeman and Jackson played terrible against the run. What we really need is a great run stopping ILB and all around safety but that is really hard to do.

Did it seem to others that Freeman and Jackson were not prepared for the explosiveness of the Pat's running attack? I think either of these guys would be fine with better preparation.

I would question starting an injured Cherilus....although Luck did have lots of time to pass.  Run blocking was sub-par.

On D, penetration started to happen but we were very weak in the middle.  Pats crammed the ball down our throats and D couldn't tackle.  If they would have made tackles where they made contact, Colts would have won.  

Let's not panic. Yes we have some issues to address. This is the 1st game where The colts were totally dominated from the start on both sides of the ball.

1. Oline and Dline of the Colts were horrible. Oline couldn't run block or pass block although Luck at times  did have some time to throw. Dline got no pressure on Brady for the most part. without Mathis we don't have a good pass rusher.

2. Pats took away our receivers although they did get away with a lot of PI and illegal contact to do it. The Colts got caught doing the same. But that is the way it goes at times.

3. Colts flat out couldn't tackle last night. i was surprised the Pats threw the ball last night.

4. 1st half was competitive and close. Pat adjusted in the second half and the colts didn't which falls on the coaching staff/.

5. Having Allen go out didn't help with the blocking.

For the most part we have been able to run the ball which the lack of this game hurt us. The Colts at some point have to address both lines. overall i think the Colts are moving in the right direction but are not quite there yet.

Giants are not good and Bengals were without Green and Benard I believe.  Our true defense is what we have now. 

They didn't have Green, but they had Bernard and even if they're not a great offense, it was still a shutout. And even if the defense isn't truly as good as they played against the Bengals I still don't think they're as bad as they played vs. the Patriots or Steelers, they are capable of playing better and honestly they are probably somewhere in between.