Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck as a running threat

zibby43

Belligerent (I read this board often throughout the week and if you classify what I said as belligerent, I'd love to know how you feel about some of the other posts that grace this board, particularly on game day)?  Whining (Are you "whining" about my posts?)?  Hardly. 

It's just not a fun discussion when one-liners such as "You can't be happy with one of the top offenses," "Ugh," etc. are thrown out.  That's not bringing much to the table - at all.  Quite frankly, there weren't many well-developed rebuttals.  A few "specter" of injury posts. 

Didn't bring much to the debate?  I cited previous running plays utilized by Pep (e.g., the naked bootleg against SF), analogized to other teams effectively utilizing their QBs' mobility, etc. 

Again, I don't think you read the entirety of my posts.  Nor did you read the entirety of my replies. 

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  Neither are you.  Hopefully we'll get along more amicably with respect to other topics.

No problem. Just a little tussle over the internet. Now, if you post about about how over-rated Bill Polian was, we'll become best friends!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. Just a little tussle over the internet. Now, if you post about about how over-rated Bill Polian was, we'll become best friends!

How can I like a guy that drafted Pat Angerer (no hard feelings, Pat) and Jerry Hughes?  Although I have sat at the same dinner table as him.  In a word, stuffy.   Polian got some right and got some wrong.  Toward the end of his tenure, more wrong than right.  See the Curtis Painter show. 

The rule interpretation of the QB that runs a read option is that he become the same as a running back and loses his "protections" by rule of what cannot be done to a QB in terms of hits not just when the QB keeps it the football and actually does run but also when he leaves it in the belly of the RB. In other words the QB can be hit like any other player even when he hands it off or after the handoff...........no thanks.

Not advocating for lots of read option, but uswd sparingly it's easy yardage. I think nick foles kept it twice against the Colts and picked up around 10 yards each time without getting hit. I will take two cheap and easy first downs per game.