Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Center Position (Merge)

Archer

Yeah like the other poster said, no he didn't. Yes, several of the shotgun snaps were high, but Luck caught them right around face level whereas they should have been around chest level. Even on the snap that wound up going over his head, Luck still got his hands on the ball when it was right around his forehead but because that particular snap was even higher than the others, it must have caught Luck offguard enough that the ball went through his hands.

I meant many of his snaps were high. I shouldn't have said he had to "reach over his head", but I think some of the snaps had a trajectory that would have sailed over his head. Regardless of the semantics, he needs to bring his snaps down a bit.

Yeah like the other poster said, no he didn't.  Yes, several of the shotgun snaps were high, but Luck caught them right around face level whereas they should have been around chest level.  Even on the snap that wound up going over his head, Luck still got his hands on the ball when it was right around his forehead but because that particular snap was even higher than the others, it must have caught Luck offguard enough that the ball went through his hands.

Yeah, his snaps were higher than they should have been. I noticed that as I was rewatching, after a couple posters pointed it out. Not dangerously high, but ideally, they'd be below face level.

Sorry to dredge this thread up again but I just heard a really interesting take on the Shipley / Harrison situation from Rick Venturi.  I will paraphrase below but if you can find it on the 1070thefan.com podcast, give it a listen. 

1)  Does not understand what all the fuss is about Shipley.  Nice player but the film does not suggest him to be all that he is made out to be here.

2) Love this quote - don't be afraid to not leave well-enough alone.  In other words, if as a coach you think there is somebody better, give it a shot.  Seems to sum up the Shipley / Harrison situation.

3) They are playing for more than just today's game but for the balance of the season.  Harrison will be better in December than he is today.  The same cannot be said for Shipley.  He is what he is.

4) Thought that Harrison will be really good.  In fact said that he thinks that Harrison will be one of those personnel moves that marks Grigson's career.  Clearly thinks very highly of him.  Matter of fact, I remember Venturi saying in preseason that when Holmes got hurt, it would be hard for him unseat Harrison.

5) Thought that the interior of the Ravens' D would have rag-dolled Shipley which is likely why the move was made.