Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 1St Round Mock Draft (11/26)

(NOTE: Assuming RG3 stays in Baylor for his Senior year)

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck QB, Stanford

2. St Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St. (Bradford's #1 Target)

3. Carolina Panthers - Matt Kalil OT USC (His brother Ryan Kalil is on the Panthers)

4. Minnesota Vikings - Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina (Ponder need a deep threat at WR)

5. Arizona Cardinals - Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona St

6. Miami Dolphins - Matt Barkley QB USC

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame (Surprise?)

8. Washington Redskins - Landry Jones QB Oklahoma (Future franchise QB for the Redskins)

9 Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson RB Alabama (Goodbye Peyton Hillis)

10. Kansas City Chiefs - Morris Caliborne CB LSU (Best player available for the Chiefs)

11. Denver Broncos - Riley Reiff OT Iowa (Helps blocking Tebow)

12. Seattle Seahawks - Zack Brown OLB North Carolina (Replaces Aaron Curry)

13. Philadelphia Eagles - Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame (Eagles need help at LB)

14. Tennessee Titans - Johnathan Martin OT Stanford

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska (I expect Ronde Barber to retire next season)

16. San Diego Chargers - Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State

17. Cincinatti Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama

18. Dallas Cowboys - Chase Minnifield CB Virginia

19. Detriot Lions - Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama

20. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta trade) - Brandon Thompson DT Clemson

21. Buffalo Bills - Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M (Huge Reach might pay off)

22. New York Jets - Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers

23. Cincinati Bengals (From Oakland Trade) - Vinny Curry DE/OLB Marshall

24. Chicago Bears - Kelechi Osemele OT Iowa St.

25. Houston Texans - Brandon Jenkins DE Flordia St.

26. New England Patriots (From N.O Trade) - Luke Kuechly LB Boston College (Perfect Fit for New England)

27. New York Giants - Mike Adams OT Ohio St.

28. Baltimore Ravens - Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama (Future replacement for Ray Ray :gloomy: )

29. San Francisco 49ers - Jared Crick DE Nebraska

30. New England Patriots - Janoris Jenkins CB Flordida

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Devon Still DT Penn St.

32. Green Bay Packers - Cordy Glenn OG Georgia

Bonus:

33. Indianapolis Colts - Mike Brewster OG/C Ohio St.

54. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina

I would switch Blackmon and Kalil and then it'd be pretty spot on. As much as the Rams could use a big play WR, they need to protect Sam Bradford more. That's why they traded for Brandon Lloyd as the short term solution while they fixed the O-Line in the draft.

And it's starting to look like Barkley may stay in school another year, but as of now that's a good projection for him.

Hmm...well here's my thoughts:

Arizona imo would be much more likely to take an OT than Burfict. I wouldn't be surprised if Burfict goes first round but it'll be closer to the end of the first round, not the beginning.

Quinton Coples doesn't even go in the first round?

Detroit plays a 4-3 not a 3-4 so if they drafted Upshaw it would be to play DE, not OLB. Upshaw would actually be more of the perfect fit for New England than Kuechly and Kuechly would be a much better fit for Detroit so I'd swap those 2.

Is Coples having that bad of year, i see a lot of mocks having him fall.?

It's just like the Adrian Clayborn situation. More teams are keying on him (Coples), and the Tar Heels are a little less talented/competitive in general. His stats were bound to come down, but it doesn't mean he has any less potential. Some believe he has character concerns, however.

P.S. There's no way the Rams let Kalil pass. Saffold, who many here believe we should have taken over Hughes, has been a BUST at LT, and Bradford's been slaughtered as a result. Now that Saffold is trying things out on the other side of the line, they need a franchise LT.

See, only teams who don't have a good left tackle draft another one. Teams that have a good one (recently drafted), don't move him just to take another LT, and then move a natural tackle inside to guard thinking it will all work out. :rolleyes:

So, even though you DO have some teams picking an OG...and you have US taking one at 33...you dont have the BEST OG in the entire draft, David DeCastro, going in any of those picks? c'mon man! lol if by some miracle he is still available when we pick at 33, we would be getting a steal! He honestly has Logan Mankins type of talent/potential. Getting someone like DeCastro in the second round would be huge for us, if we take Luck #1...because we will be getting first round talent at a position of NEED at the top of round 2 after getting Luck as a bonus...

Assuming Peyton comes back n has 4 good years to finish out his contract, the ONLY way that i would rather take Luck than trade the picks, is if we could pull something off like that, where we get top talent with our 2nd round pick.