Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9/17 Practice Report

HtownColt

If it happens at the end of the first half the New York crew should spend halftime reviewing it until they're 100% convinced the right call was made. Then make the call before the teams come back out and have 2 officials go to each locker room and let the teams know the verdict

There wasn't a New York crew back then. 

That's a pretty extreme situation, and even after the NFL weighed in, it was obvious that there wasn't going to be an easy resolution to the situation. As a matter of fact, I believe the NFL supported the ruling on the field.  Some situations are just difficult. 

as I had stated before with 4 minutes left in a game the coach should be able to challenge a call by the officiating crew if they feel that a bad call was made and the refs who are looking at this games in new york should be able to ask for a halt in play to confirm a flag if it a call looks suspicous. I am not saying to challenge every call but give them a couple of challenge calls for the last 4 minutes this will take a extra couple of minutes but then the outcome of a game will not be determined by the refs.

Nope, not in today's game. 3 years ago, yeah

But the National Flag Football league has changed

I'm seriously debating whether or not I even want to watch the NFL anymore.  

Maybe they should penalize Polk for not keeping his head on a swivel.  

Was Newsome just supposed to let Polk make a play?  The block looked clean to me.  

Welcome to the National Flag League

as I had stated before with 4 minutes left in a game the coach should be able to challenge a call by the officiating crew if they feel that a bad call was made and the refs who are looking at this games in new york should be able to ask for a halt in play to confirm a flag if it a call looks suspicous. I am not saying to challenge every call but give them a couple of challenge calls for the last 4 minutes this will take a extra couple of minutes but then the outcome of a game will not be determined by the refs.

Coaches do have challenges. 

???

Some plays, however, are not reviewable. Penalties, for instance. Bill Belichick argued for EVERY play to be reviewable, but that got shot down.

Coaches do have challenges. 

e

???

Some plays, however, are not reviewable. Penalties, for instance. Bill Belichick argued for EVERY play to be reviewable, but that got shot down.

Yes you are right they have do have challenges so let me rephrase they should have a couple of challenges for the end of the game designed just for those calls in which the game could of been determined by a bad call or no call and I am not saying challenge every call just the ones that could determine the outcome. Everyone went over the edge after Mondays game including myself over a couple of calls that were game changers, Not saying the outcome would of been different Monday but then again if the coach could of challenge the horse collier tackle it could of changed the outcome. 

Yes you are right they have do have challenges so let me rephrase they should have a couple of challenges for the end of the game designed just for those calls in which the game could of been determined by a bad call or no call and I am not saying challenge every call just the ones that could determine the outcome. Everyone went over the edge after Mondays game including myself over a couple of calls that were game changers, Not saying the outcome would of been different Monday but then again if the coach could of challenge the horse collier tackle it could of changed the outcome. 

You're right. The horse collar, for instance, is a no-brainer. There's more argument for the PI, but I think that was a missed call as well. I'm not sure if a no call should be reviewable under any circumstances. They say holding is called on every play, for instance.

This is a bit OT: 

What's going to happen to Jonotthan Harrison? I thought he played great in the preseason, but he's the third center on the depth chart. Have to assume the Colts are developing him into a possible guard, most likely backup center.

You're right. The horse collar, for instance, is a no-brainer. There's more argument for the PI, but I think that was a missed call as well. I'm not sure if a no call should be reviewable under any circumstances. They say holding is called on every play, for instance.

Nothing to do with this post that i completely agree with, but is there a practice today?