Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ARI @ NYG -- Palmer out

Superman

Drew Stanton gets the fifth start for the year, as Palmer sits with a shoulder injury. I don't know what that means for this game. The Giants first teamers were terrible all preseason, and just as bad in their opener last week. Now they're back at home, and get a break, but I'm not 100% certain it matters. I just don't think they're very good.

Drew Stanton gets the fifth start for the year, as Palmer sits with a shoulder injury. I don't know what that means for this game. The Giants first teamers were terrible all preseason, and just as bad in their opener last week. Now they're back at home, and get a break, but I'm not 100% certain it matters. I just don't think they're very good.

Arizona is better defensively than offensively anyways, even with all the roster churn they've seen. I expect them to make mince meat out of Eli, and maybe even get a few scores of their own.

Offensively, they just have to ram the run down the Giant's throats until they prove they can stop it or start cheating up the line of scrimmage to stop getting gashed. Giants are turrible yo

Arizona is better defensively than offensively anyways, even with all the roster churn they've seen. I expect them to make mince meat out of Eli, and maybe even get a few scores of their own.

Offensively, they just have to ram the run down the Giant's throats until they prove they can stop it or start cheating up the line of scrimmage to stop getting gashed. Giants are turrible yo

Drew Stanton isn't terrible. He hasn't started a game since 2010, so he might be rusty, but he's been with Arians for three years in a row. And there's probably not a better matchup for him to get. The Giants gave up 10 yards/attempt against the pass last week. The Cardinals have three legit receivers, plus Andre Ellington. 

Drew Stanton isn't terrible. He hasn't started a game since 2010, so he might be rusty, but he's been with Arians for three years in a row. And there's probably not a better matchup for him to get. The Giants gave up 10 yards/attempt against the pass last week. The Cardinals have three legit receivers, plus Andre Ellington. 

I didn't mean any slight against Stanton, I was simply stating what you state here; It's an easy matchup for him to roll out against. Ellington provides a great running threat and a very good safety valve, and he's got a defense that should be making his life very easy field position wise. I see nothing really changing for the Cards, they should roll.

I didn't mean any slight against Stanton, I was simply stating what you state here; It's an easy matchup for him to roll out against. Ellington provides a great running threat and a very good safety valve, and he's got a defense that should be making his life very easy field position wise. I see nothing really changing for the Cards, they should roll.

Yeah I got what you were saying. I agree. I'm just saying that the Cardinals might not be resigned to being a one-dimensional team this week just because Palmer's out. And if there were any game where you had to start a backup, it would be this one, I think.