Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts can do it...

bap1331

I hear nothing but doubt since Mathis injury. Blaming on Trich, offensive line, running game, fullback, defense...i mean seriously? Its only week 1 and the players did a very good job getting back into the game and shutting down the best QB in the league in the second half. Week 1 is never the best game to judge a team.

But the note Mathis left sounds like he know about the injury for a while, especially for only being suspended for 4 games. He did tweet out that he has full confidence in Werner as a starter. Definitely sounded like he knew...

You cant depend on one player for the defense to reach its full potential. Lets say he did lead us to the Super Bowl and the team finds a way to stop Mathis so the rest of the defense panics because they dont know what to do without him?

With no new moves since his IR announcement, im sure Grigson has a plan and the best thing the organization needs is support from their Colts fans whether they are 12-4 or 2-14 (like in 2011).

So don't panic for the littlest things and let's celebrate Andrew Lucks birthday with a win on Monday! :D Sorry for the rant but just wanna see more support for the team.

I hear nothing but doubt since Mathis injury. Blaming on Trich, offensive line, running game, fullback, defense...i mean seriously? Its only week 1 and the players did a very good job getting back into the game and shutting down the best QB in the league in the second half. Week 1 is never the best game to judge a team.

But the note Mathis left sounds like he know about the injury for a while, especially for only being suspended for 4 games. He did tweet out that he has full confidence in Werner as a starter. Definitely sounded like he knew...

You cant depend on one player for the defense to reach its full potential. Lets say he did lead us to the Super Bowl and the team finds a way to stop Mathis so the rest of the defense panics because they dont know what to do without him?

With no new moves since his IR announcement, im sure Grigson has a plan and the best thing the organization needs is support from their Colts fans whether they are 12-4 or 2-14 (like in 2011).

So don't panic for the littlest things and let's celebrate Andrew Lucks birthday with a win on Monday! :D Sorry for the rant but just wanna see more support for the team.

Same thing happened when we lost to Miami last year. Everyone was sooooo sure we would be lucky to go 8-8. Then we promptly went out and beat the 9ers, Seahawks,and Broncos.

Not saying the road to the AFC South title is a done deal, but people should show a bit more intestinal fortitude given this teams recent history.

Same thing happened when we lost to Miami last year. Everyone was sooooo sure we would be lucky to go 8-8. Then we promptly went out and beat the 9ers, Seahawks,and Broncos.

Not saying the road to the AFC South title is a done deal, but people should show a bit more intestinal fortitude given this teams recent history.

Personally I'd be shocked if we go anything less than 9-7. Even with our O-line issues and linebacking issues, we've still got #12 at QB. I expect anywhere between 9 and 12 wins out of this group, although I'm hoping they beat my expectations and pull off 15.

I look at it this way, the Colts held their own with the Broncos (in the second half) without Mathis. Yes, Mathis is a great linebacker and will be greatly missed, but in no way is the season over.

Let's tell the whole truth...the Colts held their own with the Broncos (who were themselves without Wes Welker) without Mathis."

Denver likely gets Welker back whereas the Colts will not have Mathis back should we see Denver again in the playoffs. Therein lies the problem and the reason for concern. No pass rush against the elite quarterbacks of the AFC in the playoffs equals no legit Super Bowl shot.

But I will always pull for the Colts and hope they prove me wrong. Just going to adjust my expectations from what they were going into this season.

Personally I'd be shocked if we go anything less than 9-7. Even with our O-line issues and linebacking issues, we've still got #12 at QB. I expect anywhere between 9 and 12 wins out of this group, although I'm hoping they beat my expectations and pull off 15.

I thought the Luck era Colts were supposed to be different. But we are still a very flawed team that is too dependent on our star QB. The number has just changed from 18 to 12. Still can't run the ball when we need to or get off the field consistently on third downs. Worse yet many Colts fans seem to be okay with this so long as we rack up double digit wins and win the AFC South. I want a team capable of winning some Super Bowls not just make playoff cameos. I want a well balanced team for once.

And I know we are blessed to have had the success that we are currently experiencing. I lived through the eighties so I ain't going nowhere. But we have more talent now and with that comes higher expectations. We are always at the cusp of being elite but fall short because of our fundamental flaws year after friggin year. /rant over.

Let's tell the whole truth...the Colts held their own with the Broncos (who were themselves without Wes Welker) without Mathis."

Denver likely gets Welker back whereas the Colts will not have Mathis back should we see Denver again in the playoffs. Therein lies the problem and the reason for concern. No pass rush against the elite quarterbacks of the AFC in the playoffs equals no legit Super Bowl shot.

But I will always pull for the Colts and hope they prove me wrong. Just going to adjust my expectations from what they were going into this season.

Cue Luke Bryan.......Buzzkill!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-NDIoCDsA

I thought the Luck era Colts were supposed to be different. But we are still a very flawed team that is too dependent on our star QB. The number has just changed from 18 to 12. Still can't run the ball when we need to or get off the field consistently on third downs. Worse yet many Colts fans seem to be okay with this so long as we rack up double digit wins and win the AFC South. I want a team capable of winning some Super Bowls not just make playoff cameos. I want a well balanced team for once.

And I know we are blessed to have had the success that we are currently experiencing. I lived through the eighties so I ain't going nowhere. But we have more talent now and with that comes higher expectations. We are always at the cusp of being elite but fall short because of our fundamental flaws year after friggin year. /rant over.

I think our defense is already looking better then any Manning had. We're a pass rusher or two away from being legit, 3 years removed from a total rebuild.

I love that we have Luck, he's clutch and has brought this team back many times, but he's still very streaky. He's a big reason why we win games, but he's not carrying this team the way Manning did.

Is this the Colts can're do it thread? :P

Cue Luke Bryan.......Buzzkill! :)

Lol

I guess can be at times. But the Mathis injury is what it is man. A little buzzkill now helps numb broken hearts in January. I refuse to wear blinders because you never see reality till it hits you. Just trying to do a public service. Lol.

The Colts have a lot of heart though...I can say that much for them so I will be rooting for them to buck the odds but not to the point that I lose sight of the up hill battle they are facing.

Lol

I guess can be at times. But the Mathis injury is what it is man. A little buzzkill now helps numb broken hearts in January. I refuse to wear blinders because you never see reality till it hits you. Just trying to do a public service. Lol.

The Colts have heart though...I will say that much so I will be rooting for them to buck the odds but not to the point that I lose sight of the up hill battle they are facing.

:)  I was having some good natured fun buddy....I cannot wait until Monday night.

I look at it this way, the Colts held their own with the Broncos (in the second half) without Mathis.  Yes, Mathis is a great linebacker and will be greatly missed, but in no way is the season over.

yea but unfortunately, thats what mostly everyone thinks..

forgot about that day. Everyone thought the season was over because we lost to the dolphins...lol

9-7 is not a choice, neither is 10-6. Its gotta be 11-5 or more...

Damn straight. Never waver. It's tough to fathom at first, but we have got to groom someone along to replace him eventually. We'll figure out a way to cage the Eagles.

Damn straight. Never waver. It's tough to fathom at first, but we have got to groom someone along to replace him eventually. We'll figure out a way to cage the Eagles.

agreed. They struggled with the Raiders last year and then the Bears the year before. But they actually did way better this season opener, especially against the best QB in the league..

agreed. They struggled with the Raiders last year and then the Bears the year before. But they actually did way better this season opener, especially against the best QB in the league..

True, but are they as good as they played last wek? Probably not, and doubtful they could do that to us... We're a different animal altogether and we do have some speed and youth as well.