Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens game thread

MTC

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice game from the Ravens during a hellish week for the organization. I am happy for the players who I am sure were sick of answering questions about the Rice situation. I wonder if this saga will the same affect on them as spygate did for the Pats and fuel them to a great season. The Saints were not able to do that with Bountygate as it ruined their season.

Nice game from Flacco after the disaster in Cincy. Ravens D looks as good as ever. Glad Pats don't play them this season.

In terms of the Steelers, I just don't see much talent on the offensive side. I am not sure how they are going to score against good defenses. Cincy won't be any easier than the Ravens. They have now gone six quarters without a TD. Big issues on that side of the ball. Also, the D still looks old and slow to me. Pomamalu may be a liability at this point.

was that DHB ?

Holy Moly Man! Is Mike Tomlin that desperate for a WR who can't catch or block? 

Darrius Heyward Bey is in. 

Jesus, that is him. I thought I was seeing things. 

Apparently no one wants to cover Owen Daniels this game....

Yeah, M-432 Daniels certainly isn't as good a TE as he was playing on Thursday night. He should catch an easy pass with a wide open blown coverage. LOL! 

Steve Smith SR was a solid acquisition.

You said man. Mr. Smith played like a young Carolina WR in Baltimore. Darn! He was on fire. The Ravens o-line & d-line crushed Pittsburg like a purple tidal wave all night long. Steelers are not making the post season. 

That shot of that real life Raven on the sidelines kicked caboose. Edgar Allen Poe eat your "tell tale heart" out "Nevermore." Seriously, that black bird looked so sinister, evil, & menacing as an authentic mascot. 

In the 2nd half, those 2 PI calls against Pittsburgh were nonsense at worst & highly questionable at best IMO. 

You said man. Mr. Smith played like a young Carolina WR in Baltimore. Darn! He was on fire. The Ravens o-line & d-line crushed Pittsburg like a purple tidal wave all night long. Steelers are not making the post season. 

Carolina will be kicking themselves for letting go of Smith like they did. He would have been a great teacher to those young receivers over there, but will end up leading Baltimore.

Phil Simms is complete trolling.

Again, Simms on Luck: "I just don't see big-time NFL throws. I don't care what anybody says. ...He never takes it and rips it in there." LOL

— Frank Schwab (@YahooSchwab)

September 12, 2014

What like throw picks like say HOF QB Brett Favre Phil Simms? Is that what you were driving at? 

I'm torn on Thursday night football. I've respect both Mike Mayock & Phil Simms as TV booth announcers, but I can't watch them both at the same time. What do I do? Flip flop halves between CBS & NFL Network or alternate weeks? Like 1 Thursday night watch Phil & next Thursday watch Mike? Any suggestions? LOL!