Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Live Experiences

Go Blue Horseshoe

Seven or eight years ago my friend, who is a big cheese head, invited me to go along with him and his dad to watch Green Bay play against the Colts in the old RCA dome. At this time in my life I was certainly a football fan, but I was not as serious about it as I am now. If anyone asked me who my favorite team was I would say the Colts, but I did not follow them as closely as I do these days. Actually, it was this game that I went to see live that changed me from casual fan to die hard fan. It really was an amazing experience getting to see a live game, especially since it was Manning vs. Favre. I have been dying to go back ever since then, but I haven't been able to. I would love to try and drive up for a game before this season is over since tickets are so cheap right now, but there is just too much stuff going on in my life. Its really out of the question right now. Maybe next year, though. Does anyone else care to talk a little bit about their experiences seeing the Colts live?

i have been a colts fan sience 2004.I was born and raised in new orleans louisiana and i have to fight with saints fan every sunday espically when the superbowl rolled around.But my first live colts game came this season when the saints killed us in the superdome but i still wore my addai jersey proudly alonr with my colts hat and colts sweater.and even though i didnt have alot to cheer about when delone carter scored our only touchdown i stood up and started cheering,and the saints fans hated it and one actually said sit down addai didnt even score that touch down and i said nope your right delone carter did.but we got killed and i still enjoyed seeing my team live.

I've been a Colts and City of Indy fan since 1992. I'm from a very small town in MS so Indy was a big city to me. I was a drummer in the high school marching band and we attended the Bands of America competition in Indy that year. I fell in love with the city, the Hoosier Dome and one of our band formations had me standing square on the horseshoe on the 50 yard line. I started following the team then and I've been a fan ever since. Most people in MS are Steelers or Cowboys fans. My first Colts game was the 2009 AFCCG against the Jets. I will never forget it.

Back in 1968, Johnny Unitas came to my elementary school for some function with the facualty. As he was leaving, My father pointed him out and he took me over to talk with him. He was a good man an very engaging with my father and I. I was 7 years old then and remember my mom and dad cheering for the Colts on T.V. Somehow My father and I were able to attend Superbowl 3 a year later 4 hours south in Miami. The blue horseshoe on thier helmets looked so cool! Have been hooked ever since. Not the easiest club to root for at times. But they are the only ones.

To many to choose from but here is a list of some of my most memorable live experiences, even thought some of them were losses they were still great entertaining games

1998 my first Colts game vs. Dolphins (Manning's first game and I got to go down on the field during warm-ups)

2003 playoffs vs. Broncos (never forget the play when Harrison caught a pass across the middle, fell down, and was not touched and got up and ran 50 yards for a touchdown)

2004 Colts vs Packers

2005 playoffs vs. Steelers (emotional roller coaster game)

2006 AFC Championship game vs. Patriots

2007 vs. Patriots (most hyped up regular season game in NFL history)

2009 vs. Patriots (4th and 2)

Super Bowl XLIV (the most painful game I have ever attended but going to a Super Bowl was still an incredible experience, I seriously felt like throwing up when Manning threw the pick 6 but it was still awesome to be there)

i have been a colts fan sience 2004.I was born and raised in new orleans louisiana and i have to fight with saints fan every sunday espically when the superbowl rolled around.But my first live colts game came this season when the saints killed us in the superdome but i still wore my addai jersey proudly alonr with my colts hat and colts sweater.and even though i didnt have alot to cheer about when delone carter scored our only touchdown i stood up and started cheering,and the saints fans hated it and one actually said sit down addai didnt even score that touch down and i said nope your right delone carter did.but we got killed and i still enjoyed seeing my team live.

Good for you! A true fan...