Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Knowshon Moreno

ColtsHoosiersBB

Ball is good at running, terrible at blocking

And Hillman is too small so that's an advantage to us. Cause the day Mr. Hillman steps in front of one of our LB's to help Peyton is the day he feels what Holliday felt when Boomstick hit him on that sideline

:colts:

In no way is Ball "terrible" in pass protection. Last year, as a rookie, he was below average. But by the end of the year he improved much, and even more so this offseason. At worst, he is average.

Ball is good at running, terrible at blocking

And Hillman is too small so that's an advantage to us. Cause the day Mr. Hillman steps in front of one of our LB's to help Peyton is the day he feels what Holliday felt when Boomstick hit him on that sideline

:colts:

I'd like to see something like when Luck was hit by Nick Perry in the Green Bay game. I'd love to see Peyton get smashed like that!

Roger Goodell would fine the whole team if we ever did that. You know the NFL loves Brady & Peyton

You tryna have our team on trial Krunk haha

I would LOVE to see Peyton get smacked like this.  It's a very rare thing so it would be incredible if I ever saw the day!

It would be even better if somebody like big Art Jones did it....

If we can get after Peyton without Mathis then thats a good sign for our defense this year...but I'm not sure it will be so easy. Clady is a HUGE upgrade over Clark. That said I think Ball should be fine running the ball for them...pass blocking I think he should be alright. Its when we get to their second and third backs that I think they see a large drop off. Excited for the quality of game we should see....nervous as all get out though.

They have a guy named Juwan Thompson who's pretty good. I watched him a couple times in the preseason and I was impressed. I'll be watching to see how they utilize him. If they use him at all.

They won't use him at all. Broncos biggest problem imo is coaching, and one of their common mistakes is not playing the best player or not putting them in the best position. Thompson is their best back at pass protecting, catches it well, and the dude only goes forward, I never see him go backwards. He should be the #2 back over Hillman, but instead they make him #4. Colts should take adavntage when Hillman is in. If he's pass blocking, blitz Peyton. If he's running, go for the strip.

I would LOVE to see Peyton get smacked like this. It's a very rare thing so it would be incredible if I ever saw the day!

It would be even better if somebody like big Art Jones did it....

http://youtu.be/XNBlPfJE0A0

What I LOVE is how Luck just gets up and walks away! Doesn't lay in ground complaining or crying to the ref about possibly getting hit a little high. I'm pretty sure I saw something that mentioned that Luck actually said "Good hit man" or something of that nature after!

Yesss... This would be great to see our defense to hit Peyton or anyone like this.

They won't use him at all. Broncos biggest problem imo is coaching, and one of their common mistakes is not playing the best player or not putting them in the best position. Thompson is their best back at pass protecting, catches it well, and the dude only goes forward, I never see him go backwards. He should be the #2 back over Hillman, but instead they make him #4. Colts should take adavntage when Hillman is in. If he's pass blocking, blitz Peyton. If he's running, go for the strip.

Yeah he's a good back.  I could tell that from what I saw in the preseason.  Certainly better than Hillman and Anderson

Roger Goodell would fine the whole team if we ever did that. You know the NFL loves Brady & Peyton

You tryna have our team on trial Krunk haha

The Saints laid him out all day don't remember any fines from that SB but he's is Goodells golden egg now so you never know how he would react to Manning getting man handled

How much of a difference is it going to be to the Denver offense without

having Knowshon in the backfield? How much of a drop off in production

in their running game or will there be any at all?

Keep in mind that Welker will be gone also and those are two big pieces

missing from Denver's playoff run last year.

In no way is Ball "terrible" in pass protection. Last year, as a rookie, he was below average. But by the end of the year he improved much, and even more so this offseason. At worst, he is average.

If we can get after Peyton without Mathis then thats a good sign for our defense this year...but I'm not sure it will be so easy. Clady is a HUGE upgrade over Clark. That said I think Ball should be fine running the ball for them...pass blocking I think he should be alright. Its when we get to their second and third backs that I think they see a large drop off. Excited for the quality of game we should see....nervous as all get out though.

I don't think the running game will suffer much, if any, without Moreno.  Denver is still going to use their pass-attack to open up runs (you simply can't stack the box against Peyton if Emmanuel Sanders, D. Thomas, C.Ladimer/Caldwell and J. Thomas are on the field).  Ball has plenty of talent as a rusher.

Like you all said, where the Broncos will miss Moreno is in pass-blocking.  Moreno, IMO, is one of the better pass-blocking RBs in the entire league.  Ball may be average, but he certainly is not going to be as good as Moreno. 

Without Mathis, our pass-rush may struggle some, but I have noticed a bit in preseason that we seem to be sending pressure up the middle more than I remember us doing at all since Manusky has taken over.  I really think the addition of Art Jones has played a role in this -- a healthy Chapman and A. Jones alongside Redding is a HUGE upgrade from McKinney and RJF.  I expect McNary, Freeman, and D. Jackson to be blowing through holes that A. Jones/Redding/Chapman create (if they aren't creating holes or drawing double teams, I expect A. Jones to be blowing through single blocking).  I really hope Walden and Werner (and Newsome, C. Johnson) can get some pressure off the edge, but moreso, I expect to see our MLB's bringing heat from the middle.

If Werner/Walden/Newsome can emerge as serious threats (or any of them as a serious threat if not all 3) to rush from the edge and we can establish a pass-rush from the middle, our D should be vastly improved when we get Mathis back.  Last year, pretty much all teams had to focus on regarding our pass-rush was Mathis (and he still excelled) -- if we give him a couple legitimate threats alongside him, and our offense can put points on the board to the point where the D can 'pin their ears back', we should be looking very solid upon Mathis' return.

None.  he was a mediocre back at best.

He was pretty good when he started 9 or more games and had 182 or more carries in a season and he was great for the Broncos last year..... only 2nd to Demarco Murray in yards gained of Backs that carried the ball between 201-250 times...He also only fumbled the ball only 1 time last year while adding 548 yards receiving at 3 TD's.......Far better then mediocre

He was pretty good when he started 9 or more games and had 182 or more carries in a season and he was great for the Broncos last year..... only 2nd to Demarco Murray in yards gained of Backs that carried the ball between 201-250 times...He also only fumbled the ball only 1 time last year while adding 548 yards receiving at 3 TD's.......Far better then mediocre

OK, he was at times better than mediocre, but certainly not a back who was a game changer like Adrian Peterson, Lynch or that kid in Philly.

OK, he was at times better than mediocre, but certainly not a back who was a game changer like Adrian Peterson, Lynch or that kid in Philly.

Actually Moreno had more total yards then AP last year.....

AP-1437

Moreno-1586

AP also carried the ball 38 more times.........Moreno also had 2 more total TD's last year then McCoy and 1 more rushing TD on 73 less carries....That's like 3 games worth of less carries and in todays nfl closer to 4....Now Im certainly not saying Moreno compares to AP and McCoy physically Combine wise because I dont think he could and his numbers show it.....But Moreno can more then hold his own production wise against them

AP-1437

Moreno-1586

AP also carried the ball 38 more times.........Moreno also had 2 more total TD's last year then McCoy and 1 more rushing TD on 73 less carries....That's like 3 games worth of less carries and in todays nfl closer to 4....Now Im certainly not saying Moreno compares to AP and McCoy physically Combine wise because I dont think he could and his numbers show it.....But Moreno can more then hold his own production wise against them

So, you'd take him over Peterson or McCoy?  Is he in the same class as Peterson or McCoy?  Is he even close to either? 

AP-1437

Moreno-1586

Just rushing alone, Peterson was at 1266 yards to Moreno's 1038.

Peterson had no passing threat to take any of the pressure off him.  he was all the Vikings had on offense.

Adrian Peterson is unquestionably the best RB in the game today.  Possibly an all time great.  Certainly the best of his era.  Moreno isn't even in the conversation as a top 10 RB. 

So, you'd take him over Peterson or McCoy?  Is he in the same class as Peterson or McCoy?  Is he even close to either? 

I certainly dont think he is mediocre thats for sure, and again Peterson had 38 more carries. A serious argument can be be made that Moreno had a better year then Peterson last year with Moreno having 7 less overall touches, As to the question of if I would take him over AP...Factoring in age with AP being 29 and Moreno being 27 then yes I would....I'd also be saving 11.4 mill this year doing it in cap

Also over the first 5 years of Moreno and AP's respective career there total yards per play gained is:

4.8-Moreno

5.2-Peterson

With AP playing 23 more games over that same time span of 5 years.

Last year Moreno also was second to McCoy in total yards by a rb (rushing and receiving combined)

McCoy-2146

Moreno-1586

Both Backs only fumbled 1 time

That tells me all I need to know. That's insane. There's not one single coach or GM in the NFL who would do the same.

No way would I take on Petersons 14.4 mill cap hit at 29 years old when I could get Moreno whos an excellent rb in his own right and younger

Moreno has been in the NFL five seasons and has accumulated just over 3000 yards rushing with 1038 coming in his best season. That equals mediocrity any way you spin it.

and your point Lynch was terrible now he's one of best happens all the time

Moreno has been in the NFL five seasons and has accumulated just over 3000 yards rushing with 1038 coming in his best season. That equals mediocrity any way you spin it.

Wrong again, That equals injuries, Missed 2011 do to torn acl 8 games into the season, Missed 3 games in 2010 do to injured hamstring, Missed 3 games in 2009 and you cant just throw out his receiving yards of which he has another 1401 on 157 receptions......When healthy he is one of the top Backs in the league, The Broncos went a bit younger and healthier...Meanwhile Moreno has 111 yards rushing on 17 carries for Miami vs NE not even into the 4th Quarter