Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos LB Trevethan to miss 6-8 week

oldunclemark

The most WR depleted team in the NFL let him walk when they could have re-signed him for peanuts. Tells you a lot of what they thought of him.

Not really. The Panthers got rid of everyone. Not sure what their MO was this off-season. And remember Welker was very average on the Dolphins before he came to the Pats. Heck the Fins even traded him in the division that is how little they thought of him.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and miller wasn't there for the playoffs, which is why I said got as far as they did to the sb. I don't think Darrel revis is going to mAke up for Brady's consistently below average play the last couple of years in the plAyoffs, just last year he was bad mouthing Bellichick they'll prolly have issues

A good defense goes a long way for an offense, especially an offense headed by a HOF QB.

He had bad ankles for most of the season so no, it was the cold and wind.

Most of the season?. It started right before the Kansas City game and Patriots were next.Denver ran for almost 300 yards that game. And Manning marched 80 yards for the game tying TD against the wind with big time throws in the same game. There are factors like Bill Belichick. You are disrespecting him with your nonstop cold weather illogical yapping.

Also during the Titans game, weather was 18 degree. He throwed for 397 yards and 4 TDs.

Guess you missed time of possession in the NE/Denver game where Denver dominated because the NE D could not get off the field once Talib went down. With Revis out there, Brady will actually have the ball to go and score.

Poor Patriots D, they always are the victims for Brady's miscues. He had ball in his hand enough to do damage. He started missing targets.

Guest nflfan014

LOL at so-called Colts fans defending Peyton and the Broncos like he's their first born.  It's almost like they really want the Broncos to win the AFC, not the Colts.

Also find it funny how Colts (or Broncos?) fans are quick to criticize Brady's play in the playoffs, yet conveniently ignore Manning's SB performance.

Not really. The Panthers got rid of everyone. Not sure what their MO was this off-season. 

Their receivers were all bad (Ginn and Lafell) or old and expensive (Steve Smith). 

And remember Welker was very average on the Dolphins before he came to the Pats. Heck the Fins even traded him in the division that is how little they thought of him.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand. Just because Wes Welker was good, doesn't mean Lafell will be.

Guest nflfan014

I'm just very fascinated by the Manning obsession with his fans and the media.  He can't do any wrong.  If he throws a crucial INT, it's his coaches and teammates fault.  And plus he's on the Colts anymore, he's on the Broncos, a team that is a direct threat to the Colts playoff seeding and their chances of advancing in the playoffs.  So when I see Colts fans get so up in arms about him, it's just kind of interesting to me.  I've been fans of players before, and if they left my hometeam, I appreciated what they did for my team and then moved on.

I'm just very fascinated by the Manning obsession with his fans and the media.  He can't do any wrong.  If he throws a crucial INT, it's his coaches and teammates fault.  And plus he's on the Colts anymore, he's on the Broncos, a team that is a direct threat to the Colts playoff seeding and their chances of advancing in the playoffs.  So when I see Colts fans get so up in arms about him, it's just kind of interesting to me.  I've been fans of players before, and if they left my hometeam, I appreciated what they did for my team and then moved on.

Congratulations. Obviously some people here still follow him and hope he does well. I really don't see the point in bringing it up every thread (like you do). Especially when it's not even relevant at the time and you use it as some type of meta ad-hominen attack when somebody is debating with you, or someone who's point you agree with.

It's really interesting to me. 

good for you, but clearly you are obsessed with the obsession of manning as you constantly bring it up, which is a lot worse 

Guest nflfan014

It's tough as someone who isn't a fan of his having to turn on national coverage and hear the non-stop hype all season until he chokes in the playoffs, then having the rules changed the next season to try to make things easier for him.

Guest nflfan014

The national media doesn't love the Patriots.  Some people begrudgingly give them their due, but other than a few other people, no one really "likes" them.  Remember John Madden with Brett Favre?  That's the way everyone is with Peyton.  It gets kind of old...like Tebow/Manziel coverage only obviously Peyton is much more accomplished than they ever will be.  But the hype is the same. 

We can also thank him for the referees slowing down the game.

Guest nflfan014

They love bashing the Patriots and talking about Spygate, but other than a few people like Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, Deion Sanders, no one really "likes" them or wants to see them do well.  A sportscenter guy last week was reporting about Pats training camp and got in a dig about them getting "stomped" in a preseason game Brady and none of the first stringers played in.

I'm not playing the persecution or disrespect card - I probably wouldn't like the Patriots either if I hadn't have grown up in New England, but I'm just making the point that no one really wants to see them do well.  They get attention the way the Yankees did when they were relevant, but people tune in to watch them lose - it's more so begrudging respect than admiration.

Their receivers were all bad (Ginn and Lafell) or old and expensive (Steve Smith). 

Doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand. Just because Wes Welker was good, doesn't mean Lafell will be.

I think Carolina was doing a complete make over although I really don't get what they did as their O is very unimpressive.

Welker is an analogous comparison. He was not a receiver that was on anyone's radar. The Fins did not see any real value in him as they traded him in the division. As they say, one team's garbage is another team's gold. Lafell has looked good so far in TC and preseason. It is quite a jump to go from Newton to Brady as well.

Poor Patriots D, they always are the victims for Brady's miscues. He had ball in his hand enough to do damage. He started missing targets.

Meh. He had two TDs, no picks and had the Pats within a two point conversion of a one score game with three minutes to go. He did plenty with what little time had had the ball.

Most of the season?. It started right before the Kansas City game and Patriots were next.Denver ran for almost 300 yards that game. And Manning marched 80 yards for the game tying TD against the wind with big time throws in the same game. There are factors like Bill Belichick. You are disrespecting him with your nonstop cold weather illogical yapping.

Also during the Titans game, weather was 18 degree. He throwed for 397 yards and 4 TDs.

The Colts game is when he first injured his ankle on the Mathis hit which was week 7 and then it came out that the Jags the week prior had hurt his ankles which was week 6. The Patriots game was not until week 12 at which point he had been playing on the bad ankles and having good showings weeks before Foxboro. That is until the cold and wind came.

The Titans game had no wind. It is more the wind that bothers Manning because he does not throw tight spirals consistently and has lost some velocity from the neck surgeries.

The Colts game is when he first injured his ankle on the Mathis hit which was week 7 and then it came out that the Jags the week prior had hurt his ankles which was week 6. The Patriots game was not until week 12 at which point he had been playing on the bad ankles and having good showings weeks before Foxboro. That is until the cold and wind came.

The Titans game had no wind. It is more the wind that bothers Manning because he does not throw tight spirals consistently and has lost some velocity from the neck surgeries.

Oh ok. It's not the cold anymore. It's just the wind.

We are making progress.

Do you want me to list out all the 3 and outs and overthrown balls?.

Not a perfect game by any means. But on the flip I can also list out all of Denver's long, sustained drives where the Pats D was unable to get them off the field. ToP was 35 to 24 minutes which is why the Pats made so many significant defensive moves this off-season.

Not a perfect game by any means. But on the flip I can also list out all of Denver's long, sustained drives where the Pats D was unable to get them off the field. ToP was 35 to 24 minutes which is why the Pats made so many significant defensive moves this off-season.

Sure Pats D wasn't all that but when you call your QB the greatest ever and in one of the big games, they are expected to deliver not overthrown balls. Blame goes to them as much as they claim victory.

Sure Pats D wasn't all that but when you call your QB the greatest ever and in one of the big games, they are expected to deliver not overthrown balls. Blame goes to them as much as they claim victory.

Not a great game by Tom but lots of issues that game. Namely that Denver was the better team. You can be the best ever and not always have the best team.

He said he was hurt after the Colts game. No opinion. It was fact.

90% of the players play hurt in NFL. It becomes an issue when the injury get severe. Right before the Kansas game, Manning started having double tapes and that's when it was becoming prominent.

Will let you have the last word.

90% of the players play hurt in NFL. It becomes an issue when the injury get severe. Right before the Kansas game, Manning started having double tapes and that's when it was becoming prominent.

Will let you have the last word.

Yet he played well vs KC. But I guess they just got really sore before kick off in Foxboro ...