Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Cut Down Dates

loudnproudcolt

For anyone who may have been wondering and did not know, posted are the cutdown dates for rosters. The key dates will be the August 26th, which is the first cutdown date to 75, and then August 30th to make the cut down to the 53 player roster and designate PS personnel. That is an incredibly short time to go from 90 to 75 to 53. Especially 75 to 53 after only 4 days. 

I am sure Grigson is going to be scouring the waiver wires on the 26th and 30th for a lineman and a running back who can add some depth, so will be an important four days of activity. You may want to check out an article from Bleacher Report which predicts one player from each team they think could be cut due to various reasons. The list is not quite up to date since some have already been released and one retired, but still many interesting names which I agree with the rationale. Quite a few centers on the list, which would not be a bad idea: Garza-Chicago, Gradkowski-Ravens plus a couple interesting lineman. Running backs, Kenyon Barner-Carolina, Shonn Greene-Tennessee, and Isiah Pead. I would not mind at all taking a look at Pead, but I would be surprised if he is released. Still a good read on several of the players. Any thoughts on these players or other possible ones who could help in the areas we need some depth?

One note, the player listed the Colts may release: WR Da'Rick Rogers. Link is below:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2076453-the-best-player-who-could-be-cut-from-every-nfl-roster-this-offseason

For anyone who may have been wondering and did not know, posted are the cutdown dates for rosters. The key dates will be the August 26th, which is the first cutdown date to 75, and then August 30th to make the cut down to the 53 player roster and designate PS personnel. That is an incredibly short time to go from 90 to 75 to 53. Especially 75 to 53 after only 4 days. 

I am sure Grigson is going to be scouring the waiver wires on the 26th and 30th for a lineman and a running back who can add some depth, so will be an important four days of activity. You may want to check out an article from Bleacher Report which predicts one player from each team they think could be cut due to various reasons. The list is not quite up to date since some have already been released and one retired, but still many interesting names which I agree with the rationale. Quite a few centers on the list, which would not be a bad idea: Garza-Chicago, Gradkowski-Ravens plus a couple interesting lineman. Running backs, Kenyon Barner-Carolina, Shonn Greene-Tennessee, and Isiah Pead. I would not mind at all taking a look at Pead, but I would be surprised if he is released. Still a good read on several of the players. Any thoughts on these players or other possible ones who could help in the areas we need some depth?

One note, the player listed the Colts may release: WR Da'Rick Rogers. Link is below:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2076453-the-best-player-who-could-be-cut-from-every-nfl-roster-this-offseason

I stopped at Carolina they had Barner being cut his spot was taken by Tyler Gaffney who has been released and picked up by NE already. When did they write this? What kind of idea can they have about who's getting cut before the first preseason game. Although I would not be a shocked as some to see us cut Rogers if we only keep 5

I stopped at Carolina they had Barner being cut his spot was taken by Tyler Gaffney who has been released and picked up by NE already. When did they write this? What kind of idea can they have about who's getting cut before the first preseason game. Although I would not be a shocked as some to see us cut Rogers if we only keep 5

I'm fairly sure this is an old article as he talks about many players who aren't on teams anymore.

I can't see us cutting Rogers just because there has been like one bad tweet about him

i would love to get Mikel Leshoure from detroit as a solid back up RB who could start and play well. he seems hungry for real playing time. i would also like to bring in a veteran guard to play a similar role to Lance Louis and have a strong rotation at both guard spots. one with some experience at center would be nice,or possibly bring in Harvey Dahl,who is a FA at the moment.

i would love to get Mikel Leshoure from detroit as a solid back up RB who could start and play well. he seems hungry for real playing time. i would also like to bring in a veteran guard to play a similar role to Lance Louis and have a strong rotation at both guard spots. one with some experience at center would be nice,or possibly bring in Harvey Dahl,who is a FA at the moment.

Dahl is recovering from hip and ankle surgeries doesn't sound like he could play if he wanted too. Leshoure could be cut but I doubt it although he did report to camp at 242lbs.

Well, B/R said it and they like to throw stuff out there and see what sticks. 

Plus, I seriously doubt that Ku'neese or whatever the heck his name is makes it over Rogers. 

Me too. . . from what I read they are both talented receivers with some troubles but two things strike me when comparing the two.

Rogers troubles where not nearly as bad.  Ku'nesse has an armed robbery on his rap sheet.  Rogers just liked to smoke weed in college.

The second thing that gets me is that Rogers troubles seem further behind him.  When Rogers transferred to Tennessee Tech he stayed there for the rest of his college career.  Ku'nesse bounced around some more.  

Also I don't know if Rogers has been drug screened since he's entered the NFL, I would presume he has but we've heard of no failed drug screens on Rogers part.  

Ku'nesse might be a guy for the practice squad.

Well, B/R said it and they like to throw stuff out there and see what sticks.

Plus, I seriously doubt that Ku'neese or whatever the heck his name is makes it over Rogers.

If Ku'neese explodes at returner he's making it over Rogers

Rogers has been poor in camp thus far with route running. Griff Whalen runs better routes and has better hands than Rogers

So therefore if Whalen does well like we know he will at WR and Ku'neese makes an impact at returner, Rogers is the odd man out

Me too. . . from what I read they are both talented receivers with some troubles but two things strike me when comparing the two.

Rogers troubles where not nearly as bad.  Ku'nesse has an armed robbery on his rap sheet.  Rogers just liked to smoke weed in college.

The second thing that gets me is that Rogers troubles seem further behind him.  When Rogers transferred to Tennessee Tech he stayed there for the rest of his college career.  Ku'nesse bounced around some more.  

Also I don't know if Rogers has been drug screened since he's entered the NFL, I would presume he has but we've heard of no failed drug screens on Rogers part.  

You're probably right, but there's another way to look at it. As it stands now it looks like Rogers is the fifth WR. He won't get much PT there so he better make his bones on the STs.

If Richardson shows up as a KR threat, he could win a spot based on that. And still be a backup WR.

We're all enamored with Rogers potential, but potential doesn't help a team unless it manifests as proven talent.

Rogers troubles where not nearly as bad. Ku'nesse has an armed robbery on his rap sheet. Rogers just liked to smoke weed in college.

The second thing that gets me is that Rogers troubles seem further behind him. When Rogers transferred to Tennessee Tech he stayed there for the rest of his college career. Ku'nesse bounced around some more.

If his robbery was as serious as you're making it, we would've never signed him to begin with. Obviously we don't care for his past, but we care for what he can bring to the table. I seriously doubt we'd sign someone if their past really scared us like you're making it seem

Compare their talents, not past. Rogers has struggled in camp, Kuneese we'll see Thursday

His name is Nu'Keese Richardson.  He has a bunch of crazy return highlights, but he does have serious issues.  An armed robbery can never be taken lightly, on top of being at 3 different school in college.  People don't transfer for no reason.  Especially the third time.  I'm in favor of Da'Rick Rogers because he is a more talented WR and KR's are pretty much obsolete anymore with the league moving the Kickoff line foward.  We could use a great PR but then again is that worth cutting Rogers for?

If his robbery was as serious as you're making it, we would've never signed him to begin with. Obviously we don't care for his past, but we care for what he can bring to the table. I seriously doubt we'd sign someone if their past really scared us like you're making it seem

Compare their talents, not past. Rogers has struggled in camp, Kuneese we'll see Thursday

He struggled early but he's looked good in the past week or so.