Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Everyone Hate The Coaches 2 Years Ago?

oldunclemark

hate is strong word. hate requires emotion. something ironically that caldwell lacks. I will use the word disdain. I have enough disdain for Caldwell to register for these forums.

When Dungy retired - I told anyone that would listen - "the colts wouldn't win another super bowl - even with Peyton Manning". I did the math. Bad Front office leaves bad coach in 2-4 years...by the time he is replaced Franchise QB is 38 or so... not to mention failure to change defense schema and personnel through draft (with the exception of Hughes).

When Dungy got here we had Edge and Manning firing on both cylinders of a balanced offense. All Tony had to do was implement his tampa -2 with a decent cast of characters ( luckily we had Freeney and Mathis). Since he was here however the running game went south and nothing has been done to get it back. (Front office)

Since Dungy's departure we have been running on his fumes. Which would get us to XLIV, but not the W.

Those fumes are gone now and apparently we are running on empty.

My peeve is that our "next man up" mantra is really "Next man up... if Caldwell says so". Caldwell says he decides who plays, so then this can be blamed on him not the Front Office.

Anthony Gonzalez was apparently healthy when he was asked to step aside (go on IR) in 2010 if you believe the rumors.

Dominic Rhodes was brought back (star of our worst running attack ever) when D. Brown and M. Hart were hurt in 2010...Apparently Javarris James wasn't "the next man up". Horrible avg per carry but he seemed to be getting better. He at least can find the hole.

Yes, I predicted if Manning got hurt we wouldn't win 3 games with Curtis Painter and yes, I have said Curtis doesn't deserve to wear Bert Jones' jersey number (7) but I still would have let Darren Orlovsky play before going and getting Kerry Collins.

Caldwell lacks the passion and the experience to win in the NFL.

I HATE what Jim Caldwell has done to the Colts. The man is a "stepford" coach doing the bidding of a man in desperate need of a 12 step program. What I really hate is a person who continually posts defending this indefensible clown of a coach. He says things like, "Did Caldwell miss that tackle?, or, "Did Caldwell throw that interception?" I guess it never dawned on him that under his defense, NO coach should be fired because there are no coaches actually making the mistakes on the field, just the players.

When he constantly tells us how Caldwell got us to the Superbowl, or "coached" us to the playoffs last year, it's enough to make a person projectile vomit on their computer screen. You'd think that being "coached" to 0-10 and counting by Caldwell, this individual would go into hiding, or, possibly man-up and admit he's been completely wrong, but NO.....like a bad case of dandruff, he just keeps coming back with the same nonsense.........

I never hated him I just never thought he could coach and I still dont. We should have done the responsible thing and gotten a real coach, you could see it that year and every game since he doesnt make adjustments he just doesnt have it. I am sure he is a great person but that doesnt win games.

Like I have stated over and over, i have never liked the coaching staff we have now. I've never understood why we brought in Coyer to run the exact same defense we have been running for the past decade. I can hear the excuses flying now about all the injuries, and to that. What more oppurtune time to change the defense up and see what play makers we have as back ups, but we'll continue to beat that dead horse. Im pretty sure you give my 4 yr. old enough time and he could figure our tampa 2 that we run almost every single play. Dont get me started on Mr. personality, Jim Calwell. I have never seen a coach show absolutely no emotion the entire season. I would love to see a coach like Jim Harbough or a Rex Ryan on this staff. I say let Peyton run this offense and bring a coach with a attitude to light a fire under this denfenses butt!! Im sure Freeney and Mathis would for us to get one good DT to help them out. I dont understand why Polian wont buck up and help Peyton out with a good O line and let him do the rest. Im convinced we dont even need a pro bowl receiver to make it to the dance. There is so many good athletes these days that Peyton could mold him to the reciever he would want. I believe our window is closing and the Polians have some tough decisions to make. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens. I love my colts, but Irsay needs to put down the sauce and twitter for a little while and monitor his own team.

I haven't liked the coaching statt, honestly, since Ted Marchibroda was the head coach. He had a very good staff. I loved Jim Mora, but wasn't excited about some guys he brought in. I will get killed for this, but I have always felt Tony Dungy was a highly overrated head coach. He was a good defensive coordinator. But Peyton Manning is going to do well in about any offense you line him up in. If he were running the West Coast offensive, he would have tore it apart. I think because of coacing, and not lack of talent, is when we don't have more rings. How many times have he Colts gotten into the playoffs and seem completely unprepared and out of synch. This year really underscores how much Peyton makes up ffor on this team. As Jason Whitlock said in an artcile, Peyton has never had the great head coach that Brady or Montana had. So I am honestly am not impressed with what Caldwell has at all.