Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaworski has Luck as Top-5 Quarterback.....

NewColtsFan

Most of you guys probably think I'm insane but I currently have Luck at #1. Rodgers 2, Manning and Brady toss up for 3/4, Brees 5, Big Ben 6. After that it's too close to call between several guys. 

I know Manning's numbers are way better than Luck's. But I don't think that if they switched teams the Colts would be better or the Broncos worse. The Colts would have sucked without Luck. We got hit hard by injuries, had the worst interior O-line in football, and our defense collapsed at the end of the season. Save for the 5 other guys I mentioned above there's no way this is a winning team. Even if Russell Wilson was our QB, we would not crack.500. Looking at Tom Brady can prove this point to some extent. As much as it will break the hearts of a lot of Colts fans to admit this, he's approximately as good as Peyton (maybe not quite - it's debatable - but certainly not far off). He posted very similar stats to Andrew Luck last season with a similarly weak/depleted supporting cast. We know Brady is a guy who is capable of lighting it up if he's got a decent team around him, same story with Luck. I like our receivers a lot coming into this year I'm excited for the future but the O-line has gotta do better giving Luck time than it has.

Yes, ur insane

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations...........

That might be the front-runner for worst sentence written here since the Colts drafted Andrew Luck.

Seriously.

That's about as wrong headed as wrong can be on every level imaginable.

Here's all that you need to know.......

Luck has played 35 games since coming into the NFL (regular season and playoffs) and won 23 of them. And he's done so with a team that people in the NFL view as average at best. To say nothing of 10 come from behind wins, most in NFL history in his first two years. This is as close as we'll see to a one man band in the NFL.

Anyone here who is disappointed in what they've gotten from Andrew Luck so far, simply doesn't know football.

So, if you're disappointed because this once in a generation quarterback hasn't -- in your opinion -- lived up to the hype, then guess what..... I guess football is not for you.

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the reality of things.....

So now QBs win games.

That's funny, Colts' fans have been denying this for 13 years.

So now QBs win games.

That's funny, Colts' fans have been denying this for 13 years.

Kind of like the guy who claims "stats are for losers", then turns around and links us an article dealing with metrics and football.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• For some reason, I really trust Reggie on this. Several WRs playing with us during and after the manning Era credited themselves adapting to being pros by watching Reggie. 
    • I agree with that take, but it’s truly rolling the dice. They need a FS and there is a solid one out there in Simmons. Cross may turn out to be a good player, but he wasn’t the answer last year, and you hate to think the Colts will rely on him at this most critical position on the D. A decent one year deal for Simmons would make sense with a team option in year 2. It gives them some flexibility now with no further commitment. Hope it happens. 
    • So I’ve heard this argument before. My issue is the assumption or idea that Flowers and Rodgers were starting level corners. For all the hype with Rogers and the talk about how the Eagles got a steal, they went out and drafted 2 corners back to back and brought back Avonte Maddox.   Plus I really think Flowers starting was similar to Rodney Thomas. I don’t think they had anyone else and he was the best of an unproven group. On other teams, he’s probably CB3/4. I don’t think Flowers showed enough to say that him being healthy would have made a significant improvement in the secondary.    Also, I liked the JuJu pick but at the end of the day he was a rookie. I think even if the plan before things went of the rails was to have a CB room comprised of an unproven rookie and two late round/UDFA corners from small schools who were mainly STs players, then that wasn’t the best game plan.    Id argue that running it back with Brents and Jones (while still not ideal) is a better game plan than last year’s.
    • That is it take as well. As for the unexpected extra capspace, we could use it to resign one of our own again, or roll it over 
    • He wears his emotions on his sleeves, so the media catching him at a raw moment, I can deal with that. Like his Texas coach said, if he keeps that chip on his shoulder and uses it to do great things, no one will care.    Ask Cowboys fans about Dez Bryant, ask Vikings fans about Randy Moss, ask 49ers and Eagles fans about TO, ask Bills fans about Stefon Diggs, these alphas may not be the most polished in hiding their emotions and frustrations but come game time, they come ready to ball. I hope AD is the same way, and that Reggie and the coaches get the most out of him.
  • Members

• IanColts22

IanColts22 47

• legend300

legend300 137

• w87r

w87r 14,167

Moderators
    • lester

lester 276

• coltsfan1965

coltsfan1965 82