Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/21

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Dallas Clark was a prolific part of Peyton Manning's "weapons of mass destruction". 

:blueshoe:   Do you think the current front office is putting the pieces in place for Andrew Luck to have the same calibar of weaponry that Peyton enjoyed ??

Peyton had two Hall of Fame WRs in their prime to work with and a boarder line Hall of Fame Center and Running Back. 

I don't think Andrew Luck has that yet. Yes Luck has Reggie but he's past his prime at this point (don't get me wrong Reggie is still one of the better WRs in the NFL if he can come back healthy) TY who could be very good but is still emerging and Nicks who if healthy could be very good but I don't think is a Hall of Fame level of player.  He also has two very promising young tightends but again like TY they are still emerging and well the less said about his running backs and o-line especially the center the better. 

Peyton had two Hall of Fame WRs in their prime to work with and a boarder line Hall of Fame Center and Running Back.

I don't think Andrew Luck has that yet. Yes Luck has Reggie but he's past his prime at this point (don't get me wrong Reggie is still one of the better WRs in the NFL if he can come back healthy) TY who could be very good but is still emerging and Nicks who if healthy could be very good but I don't think is a Hall of Fame level of player. He also has two very promising young tightends but again like TY they are still emerging and well the less said about his running backs and o-line especially the center the better.

Good post. It will take a few years but who knows, QBs can make HOFrs out of receivers/TEs willing to put in the required work. The book is still being written for a lot of young teams in the league and it is fun to watch.

Andrew is still getting his weapons around assembled around him vs Peyton was always got top tier offensive talent on the field like GC8818 so eloquently stated above.

You're line about "weapons of mass destruction" made me chuckle SB41. It made me think of Peyton in brown military camouflage marching with the US troops or entertaining them anyway.  ;)

Peyton's 3rd year he had a  Marvin and Wayne® at WR and  an experienced Pollard and Dilger at TE and Edge® and Rhodes at RB  I think Lucks weapons are close to that except he plays behind one of the worse O Lines in the NFL

Peyton had more control of what was happening and as a result the play calling was much better big difference. As far as skill players we are looking good I think but our O Line is one of the worst in the league and that is most important part of the weaponry. I did not think we really played to the strength of our team last year we will see what a score first offense is and hope for an improved O Line

Yes we HAVE assembled the weapons.

TY, Da`rick, Moncrief, Fleenor, & Allen could be as good or better a Playoff UNIT than the best Manning ever had.

Young O-Lineman are also here that have worthy potential to be part of a Solid unit.
  RB`s are an ever changing group by nature, we are good enough now and can expect our GM to keep it stocked.

By the time Andrew gets his passing game to that type of Elite level (2-3 years) this receiving group can be the best in the game.

IMO, Andrew won`t shun the run because of ego so the Pagano Monster will be less one & done. therefore >

I can`t wait to see Holmes running down LB`ers and Blowing them up!!