Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hakeem Nicks goes down in practice, Moncrief shines in his spot

TKnight24

I know he had his troubles off the field and with his attitude in college and then heard in Buffalo he was a bit lazy during training camp -- he has a lot of talent, and I remember Pagano's press conference after we signed him -- basically saying he was on a very short leash and we wouldn't tolerate him making off-field mistakes or being lazy in practice.  I read somewhere that Rogers put on 7 lbs. of muscle this off-season and has been spending tons of time working on his routes and watching film.  Hopefully this is the case -- and who knows, Rogers, Brazzill and Whalen all could have been getting reps with the first team but Moncrief might have just gotten tweeted about because he is a rookie or because he made an acrobatic catch.

I am fully expecting Rogers to make this team and to contribute to our offense this season -- granted, he would have had to put in the work this offseason and continue to do so in camp -- but talent and size wise a 5 WR set with Reggie, TY, Nicks, Moncrief, and Rogers has to be very scary for opposing defenses (3 big guys in Nicks, Rogers, and Moncrief -- 2 guys running sub 4.4 forty's in Moncrief and TY-- and potential future HOF Reggie Wayne). I don't ever remember a time when we have had this much potential on our WR staff and certainly never remember when we've been this big and this fast (I truly think this group can challenge the days of Marvin, Reggie and Stokely -- especially when you consider we've got Fleener and Allen in the mix as TE's).

Good points. I didn't hear anything about any of the other receivers, actually. I'm sure Moncrief isn't the only one who made plays. Rogers might be doing fine. I don't mean to insinuate that he's not working hard and practicing well. And I think he can be a big part of our future if he sticks around.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he had his troubles off the field and with his attitude in college and then heard in Buffalo he was a bit lazy during training camp -- he has a lot of talent, and I remember Pagano's press conference after we signed him -- basically saying he was on a very short leash and we wouldn't tolerate him making off-field mistakes or being lazy in practice. I read somewhere that Rogers put on 7 lbs. of muscle this off-season and has been spending tons of time working on his routes and watching film. Hopefully this is the case -- and who knows, Rogers, Brazzill and Whalen all could have been getting reps with the first team but Moncrief might have just gotten tweeted about because he is a rookie or because he made an acrobatic catch.

I am fully expecting Rogers to make this team and to contribute to our offense this season -- granted, he would have had to put in the work this offseason and continue to do so in camp -- but talent and size wise a 5 WR set with Reggie, TY, Nicks, Moncrief, and Rogers has to be very scary for opposing defenses (3 big guys in Nicks, Rogers, and Moncrief -- 2 guys running sub 4.4 forty's in Moncrief and TY-- and potential future HOF Reggie Wayne). I don't ever remember a time when we have had this much potential on our WR staff and certainly never remember when we've been this big and this fast (I truly think this group can challenge the days of Marvin, Reggie and Stokely -- especially when you consider we've got Fleener and Allen in the mix as TE's).

not too mention along with developing talent in our WR and TE I do thoroughly beleive our boy Andrew Luck will be better than Peyton.