Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No.1 Is Not At Issue If Manning Is Cleared To Play...you Bring Him Back

oldunclemark

Now that the No.1 draft choice is no longer an issue...

To me its obvious that if Manning is cleared on Dec.1

We send him out there in the home finale to win one.

I listened how we NEEDED to go 0-16 to get that No.1 choice.

That's not in play now. WE ARE NO. 1

...so for respectability...for pride....since our offense looks so offensively junior college

..and since our 'D' clearly hasnt quit...

I want Manning....if he's cleared to practice .... to play at least one game...so we see if he's Ok

..and so we wont go 0-16

Agreed.?

We've been through this before.... who cares about 0-16? It just proves what the smart fans knew. This team is garbage without PM.

I've said it for years and had to deal with people like Jim Irsay saying the team is full of pro bowlers and we'd be fine without him. Yea. Right.

Manning played that game..remember?

Now we need to see if his career is over,..and we need to stay out of the Hall-of-Shame.

Polian will be all for him playing..

Manning played that game..remember?

Now we need to see if his career is over,..and we need to stay out of the Hall-of-Shame.

Polian will be all for him playing..

he played and left....I'm sure if Polian doesn't care about 16-0 he doesn't care about 0-16.

I've said in the past that I don't want Manning to return because it risks a graver injury, but if the Colts offense keeps playing like this I want him to come back for at least one game, so we don't go winless.

That's my take..as guess I've said

Its respect..We dont want to be an 0-16 team..That lasts forever.

Manning risks his neck (figuratively and literally) whenever he comes back on the field.

We need to know BEFORE the draft if he can play...

.. Irsay and Polian and Caldwell and all the vets dont need the scarlet letter of playing on an 0-16 for the rest of their lives.

They dont deserve it..

Manning risks his neck (figuratively and literally) whenever he comes back on the field.

.. Irsay and Polian and Caldwell and all the vets dont need the scarlet letter of playing on an 0-16 for the rest of their lives.

They dont deserve it..

Someone deserves the scarlet letter for putting an 0-16 team together because it takes a perfect storm to happen.

They dont deserve it..

Except if he comes back this year, there's a much bigger chance of him reinjuring it, than next year, after the fusion and all that stuff takes place. It's going to be stronger than ever once everything fuses and stabilizes.

In my view there is no difference between an 0-16 team and a 1-15 team. Sit it out til next year Manning.

The difference is the history books. I don't want to be known as the team who couldn't win a game. Let's take the one win, and save the embarrassment. The 76 Bucs are still laughed at today, but no NFL fan laughs at the 91 Colts, because they have no idea what happened that year. I'm just saying the one win season saves us embarrassment for years to come.

The difference is the history books. I don't want to be known as the team who couldn't win a game. Let's take the one win, and save the embarrassment. The 76 Bucs are still laughed at today, but no NFL fan laughs at the 91 Colts, because they have no idea what happened that year. I'm just saying the one win season saves us embarrassment for years to come.

Exactly.

The lions were 0-16 a couple of year's ago,who is remembering that now?If your gonna suck might as well suck all the way. :D

They dont deserve it..

Unc, you are pretty much the only guy on here still pushing for Manning to get out on the field by December 1st. Multiple posters are telling you that all indications have been that this is an improbable scenario but its like you are in some kind of denial. Let me ask you this, how would you feel if Manning is cleared, goes out there, still isn't in football shape and falls flat on his face and the Colts go 0-16 anyway? Isn't that worse than going 0-16 without him? At least if we go 0-16 without him we can say, but we didn't have 18. Putting him in just to avoid 0-16 looks foolish and makes us more of a lauging stock for puttting our franchise player at risk in a meaningless game to try to avoid a winless season. All that from an organization that thumbed its nose at going undefeated. Talk about a contradiction in philosophy.

We don't need to see Peyton in a game until he is game ready not just cleared by the doctors. He most likely won't be game ready until next season God willing. For now, let's just hope he can get back on the practice field before the end of the season. The front office will be able to get whatever information they need from that setting to determine how best to handle Peyton's situation going forward.

Now that the No.1 draft choice is no longer an issue...

To me its obvious that if Manning is cleared on Dec.1

We send him out there in the home finale to win one.

I listened how we NEEDED to go 0-16 to get that No.1 choice.

That's not in play now. WE ARE NO. 1

...so for respectability...for pride....since our offense looks so offensively junior college

..and since our 'D' clearly hasnt quit...

I want Manning....if he's cleared to practice .... to play at least one game...so we see if he's Ok

..and so we wont go 0-16

Agreed.?

This is the dumbest idea I've heard all day. Who cares if we go 0-16. You are going to risk Peyton Manning getting injured on this worthless season?

The lions were 0-16 a couple of year's ago,who is remembering that now?If your gonna suck might as well suck all the way. :D

The Lions are still unfortunately stuck in those shadows, even after this great year they're having, I don't want to be overshadowed by this terrible year. Get the one win, and ppl will soon forget about it.

This is pointless. Less than two weeks ago Manning still wasn't cleared to walk on a treadmill, and I've heard that he's currently under doctor's orders to not pick up his infant children. Short of a literal miracle, he won't be cleared by the end of the season. We might as well create a thread saying, "If Johnny Unitas rises from his grave, walks to Lucas Oil, and offers to play, should we?"

Unc, you are pretty much the only guy on here still pushing for Manning to get out on the field by December 1st. Multiple posters are telling you that all indications have been that this is an improbable scenario but its like you are in some kind of denial. Let me ask you this, how would you feel if Manning is cleared, goes out there, still isn't in football shape and falls flat on his face and the Colts go 0-16 anyway? Isn't that worse than going 0-16 without him? At least if we go 0-16 without him we can say, but we didn't have 18. Putting him in just to avoid 0-16 looks foolish and makes us more of a lauging stock for puttting our franchise player at risk in a meaningless game to try to avoid a winless season. All that from an organization that thumbed its nose at going undefeated. Talk about a contradiction in philosophy.

We don't need to see Peyton in a game until he is game ready not just cleared by the doctors. He most likely won't be game ready until next season God willing. For now, let's just hope he can get back on the practice field before the end of the season. The front office will be able to get whatever information they need from that setting to determine how best to handle Peyton's situation going forward.

He's not the only person. I've seen multiple people that want Peyton to play in the last game of the season. Or next to last. Cause if he's healthy, he deserves to play. Nobody's saying that he should go out there if he's not healthy. But there is a big difference between 15-1 and 16-0. It's as other people have pointed out, the shame in the history books. But more than that i believe he just misses the game and would LOVE to play. Do you think he cares whether its a meaningless game? How many meaningless end oft he season we're already in the playoffs games do you think he's played in. You think he didn't want to play in those games? You think the fans didn't want to see him in those games? By your reckoning, as long as we're locked in the playoffs he should go get a clipboard.

This is pointless. Less than two weeks ago Manning still wasn't cleared to walk on a treadmill, and I've heard that he's currently under doctor's orders to not pick up his infant children. Short of a literal miracle, he won't be cleared by the end of the season. We might as well create a thread saying, "If Johnny Unitas rises from his grave, walks to Lucas Oil, and offers to play, should we?"

Picking up a child? that involves your back, not your neck. What site are you reading this on? nonsense Weekly?

He's not the only person. I've seen multiple people that want Peyton to play in the last game of the season. Or next to last. Cause if he's healthy, he deserves to play. Nobody's saying that he should go out there if he's not healthy. But there is a big difference between 15-1 and 16-0. It's as other people have pointed out, the shame in the history books. But more than that i believe he just misses the game and would LOVE to play. Do you think he cares whether its a meaningless game? How many meaningless end oft he season we're already in the playoffs games do you think he's played in. You think he didn't want to play in those games? You think the fans didn't want to see him in those games? By your reckoning, as long as we're locked in the playoffs he should go get a clipboard.

I have no doubts Peyton would want to play. He is a warrior. But what we want isn't always what is best for us. If Peyton insists on playing then it would be incumbant upon the Colts management to protect him from himself. Also no one wants to go 0-16 but it isn't worth jeapordizing your franchise player to avoid. 0-16 has already been done so it doesn't really carry the same stigma. Lions fans were 0-16 and they are now America's darlings receiving pats on the back regularly from fans of other teams for how they have turned things around.

Are you kidding me? The Lions 2008 team will always be remembered as a laughing stock because of the fact that they went 0-16. Teams that never won a game: the 76 Bucs and the 08 Lions. Most NFL fans know this. Teams that went 1-15: ?... There's a long list, the 91 Colts are one of them, but most NFL fans could not name all of them if even some of them.

Well the Colts are basically already in the history books for having a winless season. They went 0-8-1 during the strike shortened season. The lone tie was against Green Bay.

Those concerned about 0-16 should be more concerned about being the only franchise to go winless twice. Now there's some shame for you. :P

Are you kidding me? The Lions 2008 team will always be remembered as a laughing stock because of the fact that they went 0-16. Teams that never won a game: the 76 Bucs and the 08 Lions. Most NFL fans know this. Teams that went 1-15: ?... There's a long list, the 91 Colts are one of them, but most NFL fans could not name all of them if even some of them.

Not denying it sucks but what can you do?

Were getting Luck, at this rate what happens to Peyton might not have anything to do with the long term goals of the Colts. If they could of won a few games it wouldn't have come to this, but I think winning 3 games is out of the question. 28 millions dollars for a guy who hasn't been right since last January is probably out of the question. I don't like it, but this is an interesting falling out, so many subplots. Mr.Green in the Library with the Candlestick type stuff.

Not denying it sucks but what can you do?

..everything you can to get that one win...

the idea that Manning is going to be immediately reinjured as soon as he stpes on the field is paranoia..

Healthy players play..You watch.

He will not sit healthy while we lose that 16th game..

...and him walking on the field is worth about 14-17 points to our side.

we win today with him and we play jacksonville in week 17

he played and left....I'm sure if Polian doesn't care about 16-0 he doesn't care about 0-16.

I have no doubts Peyton would want to play. He is a warrior. But what we want isn't always what is best for us. If Peyton insists on playing then it would be incumbant upon the Colts management to protect him from himself. Also no one wants to go 0-16 but it isn't worth jeapordizing your franchise player to avoid. 0-16 has already been done so it doesn't really carry the same stigma. Lions fans were 0-16 and they are now America's darlings receiving pats on the back regularly from fans of other teams for how they have turned things around.

Whenever he goes out again he's at risk...

I just dont think that if he's cleared..he'd be MORE cleared in 8 months.

its not that kind of injury

Whenever he goes out again he's at risk...

I just dont think that if he's cleared..he'd be MORE cleared in 8 months.

its not that kind of injury

just stop. you aren't qualified to be the Colts team doctor. Let the man rest for this season and let it be. Getting that 1 win is not worth it. In fact, I hope we go 0-16 as a reminder of this awful season.. It needs to be remembered, so we never repeat it again!

just stop. you aren't qualified to be the Colts team doctor. Let the man rest for this season and let it be. Getting that 1 win is not worth it. In fact, I hope we go 0-16 as a reminder of this awful season.. It needs to be remembered, so we never repeat it again!

Nonsense

I dont want the disgrace of going 0-16 and there's no good side spin to it.

Ahead of the draft,,,we NEED Manning to play so we know he can..

..and above and beyond that....play the entire schedule. You may want to quit but you cant.

He stands as much a chance of getting hurt next August as he does next month.

Its not that kind of injury..

Cleared is cleared. If he's cleared he's going back out there and you know it....whether you like it or not

I'm fairly confident we won't be seeing Manning in any games this season. He might be cleared to practice if the nerves have regenerated sufficiently but Polian has already said that he won't play in any games. He said today that fans should expect to see Peyton in 2012. So I will go with what Polian is saying on the subject. But you keep believing in that December time table bro. :D

'They' arent making the decision...

Peyton Manning is...

Peyton himself has said he will do what the team wants him to do and has said in interviews that if the team has to be put on IR he's okay with that. Despite what some fans think Peyton Manning is pretty much a model player and doesn't go to the Colts coaches and GMs and tell them what to do. There is ZERO track record of him doing that. Yes there are times he might not like something but at the end of the day he understands it's not his call. The only time there has ever been anything remotely close to him doing something like this was the 2005 playoff game when he ordered the punt team off the field and went for it on a 4th and short. That's something that has happened one time in his career. Frankly if Manning was that kind of player I doubt he would be as succesful as he has been and I am sure there would be more friction than has ever been shown betwen Manning and Polian.

Now as far as him playing a game, I know what Polian said but he has gone back on his word before when things change. Right now I think the goal is to get Manning to the point where he can practice and right now the Colts don't think that is going to be till the end of December. Should that change in the good direction I am sure the Colts will revisit it and send Manning out there if he wants to play. I think Polian is telling you what he thinks is going to happen based on what he knows now.