Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ward out until at least July

akcolt

Yeah, that is never good. When Trent Richardson showed up and immediately needed knee surgery before training camp, I threw an absolute tantrum about it. You don't draft guys that high that need significant work before they ever see the field. 

Yeah, that is never good. When Trent Richardson showed up and immediately needed knee surgery before training camp, I threw an absolute tantrum about it. You don't draft guys that high that need significant work before they ever see the field. 

Would they even see this as significant work though?  He'll be ready for camp.

And it seems to me that football players have surgery to repair some problem or another quite often.

Would they even see this as significant work though?  He'll be ready for camp.

And it seems to me that football players have surgery to repair some problem or another quite often.

Getting a screw put in your foot is pretty significant to me. Saying he'll be ready for camp and him being 100% for camp is a bit different. San fran is in a position where they don't really "need" him right away, unlike Richardson and the Browns. 

I guess if they knew about it and were willing to take that risk that's fine. You just don't often see guys who need surgery before their first camp play at a high level that first season. Just my opinion.