Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucky Brooks profiles top QB's for 2015....

I appreciate that quarterback is the last position that most here care about because Indy won't need one for about 12 more years or so....

That said, I always want to keep an eye on the position because it's so important to everyone in the NFL.

Brooks has an early top-10.

As a Stanford fan I can share with you that he has Kevin Hogan at #7.   Most Stanford people that I know view Hogan as little more than a very, very, very poor man's Tim Tebow.   In other words, a good college quarterback,  but not NFL material.

Otherwise,  enjoy the list....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352401/article/jameis-winston-marcus-mariota-are-top-qbs-to-watch-in-2014

I was worried you were gonna say Hogan should be higher.. Glad you didn't. I like watching him but he's overhyped by many people (I think those who haven't watched him) but I think his stats will improve and some people with box score scout him.

I was worried you were gonna say Hogan should be higher.. Glad you didn't. I like watching him but he's overhyped by many people (I think those who haven't watched him) but I think his stats will improve and some people with box score scout him.

Yeah....  he can put up numbers...   but you have to see him play to realize the limitations of his play.

Hogan has learned how to throw deep, and to the surprise of many (especially Stanford fans) the Cardinal has a very good group of wide receivers who can go deep.   So, Hogan can put up some points.

But it's against OK college defenses.   He's exposed when he plays better college defenses.   I'm not saying he'll never play a down in the NFL....   just that he shouldn't be viewed as someone with NFL starter material.    That's not Hogan.

Actually it's something we should look into because Hasselbeck's contract is up after this season.

I'm not at all opposed to using a 3rd day pick on a QB to back up Luck for the next 4 years.  I don't think Harnish is going to be the guy unless you want Curtis Painter 2.0.

Maybe Conner Cook if he falls to us in the 4th round.  

Unless something ridiculous happens, there is no way Cook falls to the 4th. He is probably the 3rd QB off the board unless he has some serious regression. He was fantastic at the end of last season. 

Unless something ridiculous happens, there is no way Cook falls to the 4th. He is probably the 3rd QB off the board unless he has some serious regression. He was fantastic at the end of last season. 

Huh. . . I havn't watched him so I couldn't say for certain.  I just figured since the link provided put him at the #6 QB.  

Anyways we should consider spending a 3rd day pick on a backup QB. 

Huh. . . I havn't watched him so I couldn't say for certain.  I just figured since the link provided put him at the #6 QB.  

Anyways we should consider spending a 3rd day pick on a backup QB. 

That's just my opinion, I'm not high on Petty, Mannion or Hundley for that matter.

I'm pretty high on Mannion. He has that ideal size and he's played in a pro style offense. In terms of measurables, he is a prototypical franchise QB. I don't know about his arm though, it looks very average and he doesn't have the zip on most of his throws. Throwing motion isn't ideal either.