Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Contrast/Comparison between Bill Polian and Ryan Grigson Drafts

BlueShoe

If you have to determine the success of your teams draft by the "production" of rookies....you dont have a very good team.

That's a good point. You're doing okay when you can bring rookies on slowly. But we still have holes on our roster, thin spots, and it would have been nice to get more out of some of our rookies last year. 

And it's premature to say at this point, but I think it would have been nice to get a starting caliber safety this year.

You don't have to apologize to me. I'm just saying I don't think the 2013 draft was a "strike out." If you had said we haven't gotten much out of that class yet, I wouldn't have said anything. That's very true. Calling it a "strike out" seems too final, given that it's only been one year.

And yeah, even though we disagree, we obviously both hope the draft class develops to the positive. I wish we had done better late in the draft, but I think there's plenty of room for improvement and development with the four guys we have left.

Obviously you want to put a pretty little bow on something that is not very pretty. I tried to take the high road here and you are doing everything in your power to not allow me that.

We disagree. It's that simple.

ok so 6,7,7 were obviously strike out players which is normal in any draft for any team, but 1,3,4 are far from strike outs, and anybody with half an NFL IQ can agree that 1yr is not by any means substantial time to evaluate these guys.

Anyone with half an NFL IQ huh? What are the draft grades of the Colts 2013 draft class from these people with so called NFL IQ's?

You can put all the lipstick on that pig that you want to, but in the end it still looks like a pig.

Obviously you want to put a pretty little bow on something that is not very pretty. I tried to take the high road here and you are doing everything in your power to not allow me that.

We disagree. It's that simple.

What are you talking about now? How am I not allowing you to take the high road? I thought we had established a common ground.

Anyone with half an NFL IQ huh? What are the draft grades of the Colts 2013 draft class from these people with so called NFL IQ's?

You can put all the lipstick on that pig that you want to, but in the end it still looks like a pig.

why dont you go put lipstick on clevelend or something then?

why dont you go put lipstick on clevelend or something then?

Because I have been a die hard Colts fan for over 30 years. Never missed a single game. No fan on a message board is going to change me now. 

But hey, if you like Cleveland then go for it.

The success of every player is judged by his production.

Sounds like one of those pictures that hang above desks in offices.......

"Determination"....with a picture of a rock climber.

"Leadership"....with a picture of an eagle soaring.

You're wasting your breath.  People on here refuse to believe our 2013 draft sucked.  Which it did.  Royally.

You're wasting your breath.  People on here refuse to believe our 2013 draft sucked.  Which it did.  Royally.

For a moment I thought I was the only one willing to admit it. 

I am not a Debbie Downer by any stretch of the imagination. Usually I am the one putting a positive spin on things around here, but WOW!

Thanks man.

For a moment I thought I was the only one willing to admit it. 

I am not a Debbie Downer by any stretch of the imagination. Usually I am the one putting a positive spin on things around here, but WOW!

Thanks man.

I mean, of our 7 picks, 3 didn't make the roster.  2 weren't good enough even to see the field even though the opportunity was there.  And the 2 that saw the field were very underwhelming.

Of course there is still time for it to be salvaged, but i'm not getting that vibe after year 1.  My gut tells me that Werner, Thornton and Holmes all end up being mediocre at best, and Hughes gets cut before this season even starts.