Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Final Mock Draft Topic/Discussion

1 day to the draft!!!I Know a bunch of us will be posting our Final Mock Drafts. I love reading through them, but I figured we could just make one topic for everyone to post their mocks in, that way everyone can view them and discuss them without having to jump from topic to topic. I'll start off with mine:

2014 Mock Trade included:

2nd Round: Deone Buccannon, S

3rd Round: Antone Exum, CB

*Colts trade 2015 3rd for 2014 4th*

4th Round: Brandon Thomas, OG

5th Round: Preston Brown, ILB

6th Round: Justin Ellis, DT

7th Round: Matt Hazel, WR

UDFA

-David Fluellen, RB

-Tyler Starr, OLB

-Howard Jones, OLB

I see either Ward or Bucannon falling, but Bucannon is more likely. Exum may seem like a reach, but he provides versatility since he is a former safety. But I see Pagano coaching him to play CB in the league, and putting him at Safety if he needs to. Thomas won't fall to the 6th like some want, but If we trade into the 4th, he can be a good pickup. He'll be another guy with an injury who we stash on IR, and let him develop for next season.

Preston Brown is the ILB of the future, he'll make a good understudy for Jackson, but he may see some time on special teams. The Justin Ellis pick came down to him or DeAndre Coleman. Grigson says he wants competition at NT and he'll get it here. Hazel was a luxury pick.

Interested to see everyone else's mocks though :thmup:

I really like Exum. I view him as more of a free safety though. Everything I have read and seen gives me the impression that Deone Bucannon will struggle in coverage. He may be great against the run, but I would hate to have two safeties that struggle to cover.

Brandon Thomas would be one of the few guys who would be worth trading a 2015 3rd round pick for. He likely does not make it out of the 4th round so trading into the 4th could be a nice move.

I would be very happy with your 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

That would be a VG draft.

With a thin S class kinda figure they get pushed up so Buchannon is very iffy at 59 in that case. lol

Yes yes on Exum and Thomas.
 If Brown is there, Yes on his potential.
 Same with Ellis. yes

Make it happen! Go Colts!

I'm with Manning1887, I see Exum more as a safety prospect.  I think picking him at 90 is a bit of a reach as well.  Taking your draft philosophy, I would have rather drafted an OG prospect with our 90 and then use next year's 4th to nab Exum.  But I guess it really just depends on your Big Board. 

Other notes, I like the position you drafted in the 2nd, Buchannon just isn't the guy I prefer, but I could live with the pick.  There's arguments that could be made for Ward, Buchannon, or Brooks (whom I prefer).  I just think Buchannon is another Landry.  I prefer Brooks for his coverage.  Both are strong in run support, but that nod goes to Buchannon. 

The rest of the draft is fairly solid.  Matt Hazel was a guy I considered in the 7th and Justin Ellis could provide solid depth on the DL.

I'm with Manning1887, I see Exum more as a safety prospect.  I think picking him at 90 is a bit of a reach as well.  Taking your draft philosophy, I would have rather drafted an OG prospect with our 90 and then use next year's 4th to nab Exum.  But I guess it really just depends on your Big Board. 

Other notes, I like the position you drafted in the 2nd, Buchannon just isn't the guy I prefer, but I could live with the pick.  There's arguments that could be made for Ward, Buchannon, or Brooks (whom I prefer).  I just think Buchannon is another Landry.  I prefer Brooks for his coverage.  Both are strong in run support, but that nod goes to Buchannon. 

The rest of the draft is fairly solid.  Matt Hazel was a guy I considered in the 7th and Justin Ellis could provide solid depth on the DL.

That's originally how I had it. We went with Trai Turner in the 3rd and a CB like Terrance Mitchell in the 4th. But I have Exum rated pretty high because of his versatility. I think he really can play CB, and if not he can be a safety.

And I know a lot of people who are split on Buccannon, Brooks, and Ward. I think Ward is everyone's consensus pick if he is there. But some people really like Brooks because they feel he has better coverage skills. Others prefer Buccannon because he is more physical and a better tackler. Personally I'm a Buccannon guy. And seeing as how the Colts brought him in for a visit and sent the DB coach to his pro day, they are too. I think his coverage skills are underrated.