Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denfensive Backs and Safeties after 1st round

The other day I listed the article of the top DE's and interior lineman Kirwan liked after the 1st round. Today it is Defensive Backs and Safeties. Once again, props to everyone here. He likes Ward, Buchanon, Batiste, and Desir. All of these DB's or S's have been talked about here. Good read, link is below:

Also read about the kid at the end who was a former QB from Georgia Sourthern who scouts think could be a good press cover. Just what we need, a press cover we can take late and is a prospect. His name is Jerick McKinnon, and these were his stats from his pro day:

The kid benched 225 pounds 32 times, ran 4.35, and had a 40 1/2-inch vertical -- all better numbers than any corner in the draft. I would love him as a prospect to develop. Wow, if he would of been at the combine, the staff from NFL Network would have been drooling all over those stats!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24519220/nfl-draft-deep-draft-for-dbs-could-yield-some-steals

The other day I listed the article of the top DE's and interior lineman Kirwan liked after the 1st round. Today it is Defensive Backs and Safeties. Once again, props to everyone here. He likes Ward, Buchanon, Batiste, and Desir. All of these DB's or S's have been talked about here. Good read, link is below:

Also read about the kid at the end who was a former QB from Georgia Sourthern who scouts think could be a good press cover. Just what we need, a press cover we can take late and is a prospect. His name is Jerick McKinnon, and these were his stats from his pro day:

The kid benched 225 pounds 32 times, ran 4.35, and had a 40 1/2-inch vertical -- all better numbers than any corner in the draft. I would love him as a prospect to develop. Wow, if he would of been at the combine, the staff from NFL Network would have been drooling all over those stats!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24519220/nfl-draft-deep-draft-for-dbs-could-yield-some-steals

I keep forgetting that McKinnon played some DB in the past. He's a running back, though, and I think he'll make a good one. His versatility and position flexibility makes him more intriguing, and giving him multiple positions to play would make him more of a weapon. He'd be a shorter DB, but he's one heck of an athlete.

McKinnon is on my secret wish list....  a deep sleeper that I'd love to see us spend a 6 or 7 on.....

I know we have 3 RB's in front of him....    but ALL of them have some issues.     And this kid oozes raw talent.

He tested through the roof at the combine.     A real diamond in the rough.

I highly doubt we'll get him......     but I'd be happy if we did!       :thmup:

McKinnon is on my secret wish list....  a deep sleeper that I'd love to see us spend a 6 or 7 on.....

I know we have 3 RB's in front of him....    but ALL of them have some issues.     And this kid oozes raw talent.

He tested through the roof at the combine.     A real diamond in the rough.

I highly doubt we'll get him......     but I'd be happy if we did!       :thmup:

From what i could tell from the writing he's a corner?

Oh nevermind! Just read Supermans post.

Edited by RealityIsLuck