Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Progression Of Painter ....

Trips4Lyfe

Here are Painters 2011 season stats, they are not pretty, the most alarming thing for me is the average yards per completion, which is at 6.26. That just shows me what we all have been saying which is Painters throws are mostly of the short variety, mainly screens, and check downs. Right now he has no confidence, and it is showing.

Will all the Curtis Painter fans please stand up.

Right here!

Did you know that Peyton's average was 6.5 in his rookie year? More relevant is that it was down to 6.9 last year. At the time I attributed it entirely to the offensive line issues and the skill position injuries. Considering that somewhere in the neighborhood of "every offensive lineman except for Saturday" has been injured this year, shouldn't Painter get the same consideration?

I shouldn't have to clarify this, but no, I'm not saying that he's remotely comparable to PM. But that's the point. Peyton didn't have time to pass last year, and our offense looked pretty sad compared to how it normally looked. Worse, the endless sacks probably exacerbated his neck injury. Painter has enough issues just trying to get experience in the conventional sense without running for his life on every play.

"Will all the Curtis Painter fans please stand up."

First 7 games att comp pct yds yd/at td int record

Manning 131 240 54.6 1,595 6.65 9 14 1-6

Painter 104 195 53.3 1,221 6.26 5 5 0-7

Wow, 14 INT's a glaring difference not to mention Manning had a real HC

Just stay seated.

Just stay seated.

You are comparing Painters stats today from a very quarterback friendly, passing friendly NFL, to Peyton's stats as a rookie, when the NFL was a little different.

The fact that Dalton and Cam Newton can come into the NFL and have much better stats in their first year, than Painter has in his 3rd years is a little alarming. Painter may have a chance to develope into a good quarterback, but he's going to have a hard time proving it at 0-9, and if he doesn't prove it now, he may not get that chance again.

You are comparing Painters stats today from a very quarterback friendly, passing friendly NFL, to Peyton's stats as a rookie, when the NFL was a little different.

The fact that Dalton and Cam Newton can come into the NFL and have much better stats in their first year, than Painter has in his 3rd years is a little alarming. Painter may have a chance to develope into a good quarterback, but he's going to have a hard time proving it at 0-9, and if he doesn't prove it now, he may not get that chance again.

Wow, you're so slanted he's not 0-9 he's really 0-6 with a loss in closing a game.

If you believe he has it easier than Manning you are tripping. I say they have equal chances and he doesn't look any worse than Manning and he wasn't the first pick of the draft. I will let the FO make the choice of the QB.

i

Cam newton and Andy dalton are better than painter.. lets just get that out there right now... the same playbook the colts have peytons colts rookie year i the same playbook the colts have now... sooooo idk.... painter is a good backup but he is not a starter.

Wow, you're so slanted he's not 0-9 he's really 0-6 with a loss in closing a game.

If you believe he has it easier than Manning you are tripping. I say they have equal chances and he doesn't look any worse than Manning and he wasn't the first pick of the draft. I will let the FO make the choice of the QB.

You're right, he's 0-6. I forgot about Collins, maybe on purpose. But my point stands that he hasn't done much to prove he deserves a realistic shot at a starting spot moving forward. He hasn't shown much while others who are in their first year are showing that they are capable.

You're right, he's 0-6. I forgot about Collins, maybe on purpose. But my point stands that he hasn't done much to prove he deserves a realistic shot at a starting spot moving forward. He hasn't shown much while others who are in their first year are showing that they are capable.

Let's see Carolina was 2-14 and Cincinnati was 4-12 and we were 10-6.

So that's the scedules we are playing this year, if you know what that means.

Plus they are good QB's and I think Painter is too he should get a chance like Peyton did.

Here is the difference.

nearly EVERY rule that has been made in the past decade has been made to help the QB. Painter is in a protected position with his skill players nearly untouchable or he gets a flag.

Painter has been learning, dissecting, and digesting this offense for three entire years with 0 pressure on him. Peyton came in and had to learn this as a 22 year old kid, and essentially create the offense we see today.

Even though Peyton threw a ton of picks and didnt get the wins, every commentator could show you that he WAS progressing and that he did have the tools. He just had to get used to the speed of the NFL and to get aquainted with his teammates. Painter has gotten worse, even though he has tons of experience, comparably, than Peyton did in 1999.

He is not showing promise. He is not showing growth. He is not showing that he belongs in this league.

He IS showing that we need someone else behind Manning next year

Just stay seated.

Are you serious? Painter's stats are completely skewed by a few flukey plays where Garcon actually caught a football for a change on a 3 yard screen pass and then he carried it 50 yards for a touchdown

He has only led this team on a couple of real drives that looked anything like Colt football. The best looking of those drives was against the Saints. For one brief moment they looked like the relentless machine moving down the field putting up one first down after another until they score that we all love.

Edited by Blue Horseshoe

Are you serious? Painter's stats are completely skewed by a few flukey plays where Garcon actually caught a football for a change on a 3 yard screen pass and then he carried it 50 yards for a touchdown

He has only led this team on a couple of real drives that looked anything like Colt football. The best looking of those drives was against the Saints. For one brief moment they looked like the relentless machine moving down the field putting up one first down after another until they score that we all love.

Colts football, colts football? Are you kidding did you watch all the drops Dallas had early and a defense that can't stop anything? (Jim Mora voice) Colts football?

Progression of Painter?

Here you go:

curtis-painter-hair2-092711.jpg

My wife said that Painter will never be any good till he cuts his hair. There are no starting QBs that have "girly hair" that have gone on to do anything. With the exception of Namath (in the beginning) are there any exceptions?