Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we have the best receiving corps in the league?

bestQBever

if not, where do we stand after the nicks signing?

btw, I just found a 24 minute highlight reel on hakeem nicks......

If Nicks can play like this...!!!!!  Man we'd win alot more of those close games that we couldn't pull out last year.  Having Eli throwing to him then...and now Andy!!!   Man the Lumbardi will be ours!!  Go Colts!! Aloha...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Denver has the best, and signing Sanders in place of Decker only makes them stronger. They like to move Welker around a lot, and without Decker, Wes would have had to play Slot. Now Sanders can play slot and play wideout. Equally adept at both in Pitt. Makes them the best. Now if Reggie and Nicks are healthy, we are the deepest! Even if Reggie is not 100%, is Nicks is healthy, we still are the deepest, when you count the TE's and Trent out of the backfield.

No, Reggie is old and coming off ACL. I'm not doubting Reggie or slighting him in any way, but show me another 35 year-old wr coming off an ACL tear that has been an integral part of "the best receiving corps in the league."

This, of course is not the main reason. Nicks is not nearly as good as you hope him to be.

No, Reggie is old and coming off ACL. I'm not doubting Reggie or slighting him in any way, but show me another 35 year-old wr coming off an ACL tear that has been an integral part of "the best receiving corps in the league."

This, of course is not the main reason. Nicks is not nearly as good as you hope him to be.

The reality is that we don't know how good Nicks will be.  Can he be the guy that was dominant in the Giants last SB win or is he the injured WR of the past two years?  He had an awful QB this past season There's no question he was once a true #1.  He has good size and good hands - if he's healthy and motivated - he's what we need

The reality is that we don't know how good Nicks will be.  Can he be the guy that was dominant in the Giants last SB win or is he the injured WR of the past two years?  He had an awful QB this past season There's no question he was once a true #1.  He has good size and good hands - if he's healthy and motivated - he's what we need

I won't disagree with that statement. I just don't think anyone could claim our receiving corps to be the best in the league, not with the things I've mentioned.