Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

HOF

jvan1973

With Marshall getting ready to be inducted into the HOF and the first player drafted by the Indy Colts to go to the HOF. Clearly Marvin and Peyton are going. Who else do you see going if any from this team. Freeney? Wayne?

That's a tricky question... If both Freeney and Wayne put in another 2 or 3 productive seasons with around 10 sacks/year and 90 catches,1000 yards, 10 TDs/year, and the Colts win at least one more Super Bowl during that span of time, then I'd say they both eventually make it into the HOF. Mathis' numbers are very similar to Dwight Freeney, but somehow, unless he has several monster seasons and another SB ring, I don't see him making it. The only other player with even a chance is Dallas Clark. If he plays another 5 seasons or so keeping up his usual numbers and gets at least one more ring, I could potentially see him eventually getting in too.

If we don't get anymore rings, though, nobody other than Manning will be getting in.

Manning for sure. I'm 50/50 on Saturday. If Freeney and Wayne have a few more productive seasons, they will be in. If Clark has a number of productive seasons, he should get in too If Bob was healthy his whole career, he would have made it in. Sorgi should make it in, all those years of consistent clipboard-holding, you know the Colts could count on him to do his job every Sunday.

Vinnie will go into the hall as a Patriot..

nfl players do not enter the HOF from any one team

for example, when seau goes into the HOF he will have a bust or whatever, and under that it will show the logos of teams he played for (chargers dolphins pats)

when faulk gets inducted, his will show colts and rams

this isn't major league baseball.....

• 2 weeks later...

definite:

PM obviously

Probable (especially if get another another SB ring):

Harrison

Wayne

Venatieri

Freeny

50-50 for now

Clark (well behind S. Sharp in most stats, but not a lot of TEs in the HOF)

Mathis

Saturday

Dungy

Polian

Potential unknown:

Collie

Good in our system, but on the outside:

Brackett

James

Addai

All should find a place on the ring of honor at LOS (except maybe Vinnie where most of his body of work is with the Pats).

Manning for sure. I'm 50/50 on Saturday. If Freeney and Wayne have a few more productive seasons, they will be in. If Clark has a number of productive seasons, he should get in too If Bob was healthy his whole career, he would have made it in. Sorgi should make it in, all those years of consistent clipboard-holding, you know the Colts could count on him to do his job every Sunday.

saturday has no shot..just because it's very difficult for centers to get in unless they were the dominant player of that era. freeney maybe. love dallas, but his numbers aren't up to par in comparison to gates, gonzalez and jason witten...i think.

Im glad somebody mentioned polian...I think somewhere down the road he will be in hof..his track record is pretty strong..I know buffalo lost those 4 super bowls but still 4 straight because he put a talented team...what he did in his brief tenure in carolina was also good(jags also got to playoffs quick too...and what he has done here speaks for its self....I know colts fans get frustrated with him hes had me frustrated also but I ve always been glad hes been our gm/president..and if chris has had anything with this years draft and fa signings then hes starting to impress me too

Peyton, Dungy, Polian - no doubts

I also think Vinatieri will be a easy choice. Very few players have as many rings as he does. :)

Marvin would have been a no brainer first ballot...:facepalm: I don't know what will happen now. I think he will get there eventually.

Freeney probably, Clark would be wishful thinking but very deserved. Saturday SHOULD be, but as mentioned before - it is hard for centers. But he should. He is one of the best ever.