Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Would You Pick...

dn4192

wow, talk about stacking the deck to favor your argument. How about I give you 2 options:

1: Colts trade #1 pick, draft a defense and bring in competent coaches. They draft a QB somewhere after #1 overall and get a very good QB...not the next Manning but the next Rodgers or Brees. The defense is vastly improved and alone is enough to carry the team into the playoffs but we actually have an offense to go with it. This leads to 3 or more SB wins in the next 12 years

or

2. Colts draft Andrew Luck and he turns out to be a bust.

If I give you only those 2 options, which do you pick?

what makes you think hes a bust

This is what you did:

2. Colts draft Andrew Luck and he turns out to be a bust. Luck will never bust, he's too good so I'm going to change the rules you've setup for this scenario.

So I'll return the favor. Here is the option I choose

Option 1: The entire coaching staff is let go, all new coaches are brought in,the Colts draft all defensive players, get Peyton back healthy next season and return to the top with a SB victory in at least one of Peytons remaining 4 seasons with the team...BUT then the Colts return to their form of the 80's and 90's of being a bottom feeder averging about 4-5 per season for the next next decade draft their future QB in 2013 in the first 1/3 of the first round using one of the multiple future picks they received in the Luck trade. They groom the QB as they continue to ride their now dominant defense to 12+ win seasons for the next decade and win multiple SBs

You missed the point by way too much. Re-read the thread, the whole thread, not just the part that has Luck and bust in the same sentence.

i did read the thread. giving options on what we should do and im asking you why is an option that we take luck and hes a bust.

i did read the thread. giving options on what we should do and im asking you why is an option that we take luck and hes a bust.

What Jason is pointing out is that the options provided in the original post of this thread are not fair or equal and the cards are stacked in favor of one arguement over another. To make his point, he recreated a scenario with one option being good, and one option being obviously bad, (the Colts drafting Andrew Luck and he turns out to be a bust.)

Jason is not saying that Andrew Luck will be a bust, but is hypothetically stating that given ONLY these two scenarios, which one would you choose? He is making a comparison of his two questions to the original questions posed.

What Jason is pointing out is that the options provided in the original post of this thread are not fair or equal and the cards are stacked in favor of one arguement over another. To make his point, he recreated a scenario with one option being good, and one option being obviously bad, (the Colts drafting Andrew Luck and he turns out to be a bust.)

Jason is not saying that Andrew Luck will be a bust, but is hypothetically stating that given ONLY these two scenarios, which one would you choose? He is making a comparison of his two questions to the original questions posed.

Excellently worded explanation of what I was doing. Thank you and that is a definite +1 for you good sir. :D

Ridiculousness

A fair question would have been

A ) Manning returns, we trade the Luck pick (drafting a qb at some point) and over the next 15 years, we win one Super Bowl, go to the playoffs 11 times.

B ) Manning retires, we draft Luck and over the next 15 years we win one Super Bowl and go to the playoffs 11 times.

In my opinion 4192 would pick B

Edited by firejimcaldwell

3.-Changes in Coaching, Manning returns and plays for colts for 4-5 years, we draft Luck and build up his QB career as long as Manning is active (starter on pre-season games and not important games), draft new players to reinforce D and O, draft a new special team. We will reach playoffs with Manning at least 2-3 times and reach SB at least once, after Manning we will reach playoffs 8 times in 10 years, winning 2-3 SBs.

I think we still can count on Manning for a few years, but we have to find an offspring.