Cap space after these moves: $22,871,226

Players signed via FA:

DT Linval Joseph 4 year $18MM

ILB Karlos Dansby  3 year $12MM

OG Travelle Wharton 2 year $6MM

OW Dexter McCluster  3 year $6MM

C Evan Deitrich-Smith 5 year $30MM

Cap space after these moves: ~$5,000,000

Vontae's deal is a good one (5/40).  Without a doubt, if he had maintained his early season play his salary would've been much higher.  I think once we improve the front seven, it will have a profound effect on Vontae's sustained effectiveness by decreasing his coverage time and by relieving his body of unnecessary run stopping duties.  At this point 8 mill is a bargain.

I also like AV for 1y/2m, but I don't like Pat for 4/3.5.  Don't get me wrong he deserves a nice pay raise, but his salary in this scenario is roughly equal to Scifres' pay rate.  I like Pat at 2.75 max, based primarily on the market.

Reitz is meh to me, especially if we sign Wharton.  I'd rather develop a potential road-grader than to bring him back.

I'd definitely give Dansby a shot, even though he is 33, he performed like a stud ILB should.  4 per isn't too much as long as he is producing, thus if that contract had a team option after year 2 then I would do it. 

Don't know enough about Evan D-S to offer much of an opinion, but with a contract like that I hope you're right. 

McCluster could make some sense as a receiving back but this is also something Trent is very good at.  If Ballard is healthy then we should minimize our expenditures at RB altogether. 

yeah youre right about my ilbers. My draft was very wishful thinking lol. We think the same. McGill i was considering with my coleman pick, do you think hed make it that far? What about Coleman? Does he fall to the 5th?

Everything shows McGill going no later than top of 4th.  With that said, from what I have seen and heard, McGill has been showing well at E/W Shrine practices.  Will have to wait for combine to see how he does.

As for Coleman, everything I have seen has him going 5/6.  Would have to have lights out performance at Combine to raise past that, IMO.