Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell Is Lucky These Recent Losses Have Been Away Games

ReMeDy

Can you imagine how our attending fans would have reacted if they had seen either the Saints blowout, today's blocked punt, the penalties, etc. etc.? It's easy to direct blame when it's at another team's stadium, but it's an entirely other matter when you're losing at home and all your fans are yelling for Caldwell's head. People take bigger notice when that happens, notably analysts and radio commentators. We saw this happen when ushering in the Tim Tebow era.

I will be very anxious to see the crowd's reaction at our next home game, because when that day comes, if Caldwell does not step up to bat with a decent performance, fans will yell anti-Caldwell remarks. It will get ugly, quick. Caldwell is also lucky we play in an indoor stadium, otherwise fans would throw snowballs at him later in the year. He's also thankful he doesn't coach in Philly.

I've got a real bad feeling about this... The last time I had a bad feeling was when I thought how ironic it would if Collins got injured...

http://forums.colts....__fromsearch__1

Edited by ReMeDy

And how has Tebow play thus far? Were it not for the monumental failure that is the Miami Dolphins, fans in Denver would be begging for Orton again.

The fans don't know a fraction of what these players and coaches know. They blame Caldwell without knowing exactly what it is he does. Why don't they ask the players what they think of Caldwell?

I'm not a big fan of his, but I won't pretend I know everything that's going on either. This season is nothing more than a rare, and unfortunate set of circumstances. Regardless of our defense in previous seasons, that's really just the product of putting everything into the offense. That's also why teams with great defenses usually have awful offenses. Can't have everything in the salary cap era.

I hope the Colts win just enough games to not draft Luck, and just enough to make Caldwell look competent to even the biggest haters. I'll be glad when they stop talking.

I hear you but as upset as Colts fans on these boards might be over this...most Colts fan act kinda milque toast. I've been to a game at Lucas Oil and they don't strike me as a rowdy bunch at all. I have a hard time envisioning them doing anything other than staring off into the void in disbelief like we have seen them do on nationally televised games this year. So I'd have to actually see that to believe it.

And how has Tebow play thus far? Were it not for the monumental failure that is the Miami Dolphins, fans in Denver would be begging for Orton again.

The fans don't know a fraction of what these players and coaches know. They blame Caldwell without knowing exactly what it is he does. Why don't they ask the players what they think of Caldwell?

I'm not a big fan of his, but I won't pretend I know everything that's going on either. This season is nothing more than a rare, and unfortunate set of circumstances. Regardless of our defense in previous seasons, that's really just the product of putting everything into the offense. That's also why teams with great defenses usually have awful offenses. Can't have everything in the salary cap era.

I hope the Colts win just enough games to not draft Luck, and just enough to make Caldwell look competent to even the biggest haters. I'll be glad when they stop talking.

lol,lol,lol. i like everyone being able to have an opinion, but are you watching these games in BRAILLE?

THE PEOPLE AT WAKE ARE STILL WAITING FOR HIM TO WIN ENOUGH TO BE DEEMED COMPETENT, AS US COMPETENT FANS ARE.