Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GCG5150 Mock/FA

I'm basing contract numbers off my other thread from spotrac about top 10 average salaries etc.

Resign:

Vontae Davis 6 years $48 million ( make him 10th highest CB)

Pat McAfee 5 years $ 13.5 million 

Adam Vinateri 2 years $ 4 million

Sergio Brown 4 years $ 4.8 million ( Matthew Slater money)

Darrius Heyward Bey 3 $2.1 million ( Eric Weems money for ST)

Ahmad Bradshaw or Donald Brown ( 3 year $10 million like Shonn Greene)

After cutting Toler and Satele- approx $27 million

Sign: Jairus Byrd 5 years $45 million ( top 2 or 3 highest paid safety)

Arthur Jones 4 years $20 million

Alex Mack 5 years 5 years $ 35 million 

Jon Asamoah 4 years $12 million ( similar to Donald Thomas)

about $ 3 million left over 

Trade: 4th round 2015 pick for Jimmy Smith

Round 2 Pick 30 (S.F.): Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (CHI): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A)
Round 5 Pick 26: Sean Parker, SS, Washington (D)
Round 6 Pick 26: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State (D-)
Round 7 Pick 16: Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin (F) (Wanted Justin Ellis but he wasn't on here, if he was I'd take him 5th or 6th round.)

Dont have a 4th round pick and I think your overpaying Vontae, According to Spotrac unless I am reading it wrong 48 million (as it stands now prior to any restructures or releases or anything of that nature by teams on Corners) would make him the 6th highest paid Corner in the league(at 8 mill per year...good for 11th highest average....I'd prefer something in the mid 7 mill range...comes out to 42 mill over that same length of contract)....He is valuable no doubt but he has not proven inside the top 10 good although he showed flashes early on last year prior to the groin injuries. Also RJF just signed for 4 years 22 mill.....I think Jones will cost a little bit more, As for your draft picks......I like both Allens(Rather have Ellis of course then Beau), I have not studied Parker, I like Skov but we could do better, Not real good in coverage, good but not great first step, Not alot of speed, wasn't asked to cover much at Stanford (Our Interior Linebackers are asked to do that quite a bit), Needs to continue to develop his strength....Just my thoughts and opinions based on what I have read on scouting reports and seen with my own eyes

Dont have a 4th round pick and I think your overpaying Vontae, According to Spotrac unless I am reading it wrong 48 million (as it stands now prior to any restructures or releases or anything of that nature by teams on Corners) would make him the 6th highest paid Corner in the league(at 8 mill per year...good for 11th highest average....I'd prefer something in the mid 7 mill range...comes out to 42 mill over that same length of contract)....He is valuable no doubt but he has not proven inside the top 10 good although he showed flashes early on last year prior to the groin injuries. Also RJF just signed for 4 years 22 mill.....I think Jones will cost a little bit more, As for your draft picks......I like both Allens(Rather have Ellis of course then Beau), I have not studied Parker, I like Skov but we could do better, Not real good in coverage, good but not great first step, Not alot of speed, wasn't asked to cover much at Stanford (Our Interior Linebackers are asked to do that quite a bit), Needs to continue to develop his strength....Just my thoughts and opinions based on what I have read on scouting reports and seen with my own eyes

Okay thanks for your thoughts Gavin.

I mean a 4th in the 2015 draft for Smith

As much as I would like Vontae to stay here for less- he has a lot going for him if he wants a big contract. He's one of the younger CBs on FA this year, he has shown to be a beast ( like against Denver)- I think he may go for about 8 million but if he signs for what you have said, that would be even greater.

About Jones, that is a good point, but maybe ( not guaranteeing ) but maybe take 20 million to play for Chuck again?

I really want Allen Robinson, he is too much of a beast not to get and would be a good security blanket for Luck.

I would also prefer Justin Ellis- I am surprised I hadn't heard of him until a couple of days ago, he has such power off the line and he would be useful in rotation.

You need to study Parker, he is one of my Under The Radar players and has been so for a while- worth a watch.

Skov I reckon will be better in coverage than many people give him credit for- I've seen him pat down a few balls away. His blitzing is second to none he is that good- times it to absolute perfection. He is also good against the run- RB or QB ( watch him against Mariota and Hundley- tackled 2 people at once vs UCLA on the option!)

So here are responses, of course I would like to thank you Gavin for bringing these points up. Also do you use draftbreakdown.com - its  a great scouting hub with tape, there you can find stuff on Sean Parker. 

Okay thanks for your thoughts Gavin.

I mean a 4th in the 2015 draft for Smith

As much as I would like Vontae to stay here for less- he has a lot going for him if he wants a big contract. He's one of the younger CBs on FA this year, he has shown to be a beast ( like against Denver)- I think he may go for about 8 million but if he signs for what you have said, that would be even greater.

About Jones, that is a good point, but maybe ( not guaranteeing ) but maybe take 20 million to play for Chuck again?

I really want Allen Robinson, he is too much of a beast not to get and would be a good security blanket for Luck.

I would also prefer Justin Ellis- I am surprised I hadn't heard of him until a couple of days ago, he has such power off the line and he would be useful in rotation.

You need to study Parker, he is one of my Under The Radar players and has been so for a while- worth a watch.

Skov I reckon will be better in coverage than many people give him credit for- I've seen him pat down a few balls away. His blitzing is second to none he is that good- times it to absolute perfection. He is also good against the run- RB or QB ( watch him against Mariota and Hundley- tackled 2 people at once vs UCLA on the option!)

So here are responses, of course I would like to thank you Gavin for bringing these points up. Also do you use draftbreakdown.com - its  a great scouting hub with tape, there you can find stuff on Sean Parker. 

I use it, I also watch the Draft Profiles such as this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=406XG02yf4I posted on youtube, Not sure where I can go to find the ones for this year yet, Have not seen them posted on youtube yet

No to DHB. We can find anyone to play special teams. I don't think we can sign our draft picks with 3 million.. and I still believe the Browns will resign Mack. everybody that puts him in our plan aren't thinking realistically.

I think some money is actually put aside for the draft (at least I hope so.)

When it comes to the Browns anything can happen with their top players(regime/coaching changes again).

DHB was actually pretty good at ST this year, he would be worth bringing back for those reasons- plus he is actually a team player- something somebody else we could pick up instead might not be.