Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ProFootballFocus reveals Offensive Line rankings! Colts are 24th!

ColtKangaroo

You are correct, I misread it.

I'm curious as to how good both C Holmes, G Thomas, and G Thornton will be next year. Thornton was rushed into the mix and has progressed nicely. I'll expect either a signing of an experienced guard and let him and Thornton compliment each other... Or perhaps let him get a full load.

That leaves the question if G Thomas will be ready... Time will tell. The line is about cohesion and timing. They need to glue together.

Regarding C I'll actually not expect them to sign another one. I'd hope they'll start from scratch with OTA's and TC and let the best man win. If Holmes has the talent and is ready. Let him glue together with the rest of the crew before season start.

Then again Grigson wants the best line in the league and isn't scared of making a move. So who knows... Is he patient or trigger happy.

Hey,  no worries.

If I had a dollar -- just $1 -- for every time I misread something,  I'd be stinking rich!!   I'm talking early retirement rich!    :thmup:

What we do in the middle of the OL is what I have my eye on this off-season.  I'm very, very curious as to what and how Grigson will address this.   And he will.   The question is what will he do?  

And your last sentence shows off a very good memory.   Grigson has indeed said he wants the best OL in the NFL.

Well....   he's got more building to do.   The final pieces are not yet in place to have the best OL in the NFL.

Which brings us back to what will Grigson do?

The next 3-4 months will tell us.....

I don't know if they need much on the OL unless they don't feel confident that Thomas can stay healthy or that Thornton can't be suitable, which I think he can. It would still be nice to get a solid guard who can compete with Thornton and Thomas for a starting spot and upgrade the center.

As long as they can keep McGlynn off the line as guard and upgrade the center, it could be suitable in my absolutely useless opinion.

Reitz could be resigned hopefully as an affordable backup and McGlynn could be kept as a replacement for center, not sure what the situation is with Homles yet.

It's interesting how we're 24th overall, but 28th in pass blocking and 20th in run blocking. It just goes to show there's tons of room for improvement.

It also shows how much the Skip Bayless' of the world underrate Andrew Luck. Ya know, how Brady = MVP because he won 12 games while throwing to his top 2 targets who are 5'10" and 5'11" and Andrew Luck is just an overrated Eli Manning despite basically equal numbers behind one of the worst pass protections in football (not to mention, his top target is 5'9".) Personally I'd give both great QBs a lot of credit for doing so well with flawed teams, but can you imagine Luck's ability if the O-line was *gasp* top 10 caliber?

Both no I doubt we could have got both without spending too much money that could be used on other positions. Think we could have got 1 though pretty sure they weren't even signed for as much as people were originally thinking.

Vasquez 4 years 23.5 mil

Gosder 5 yr 35 mil

I can't wait until the first game of next year when we have an upgraded o-line. Luck takes the snap, drops back, starts to scramble, realizes he doesn't need to scramble so quickly, sets his feet, and gets sacked out of habit...............then all is better from the 2nd drop back on.