Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That was last time that will happen

lennymoore24

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2014 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2014 - inflammatory

I have a feeling you all are delusional and need to learn to be satisfied being AFC South champions and quick exits from the playoffs because that's what this team is destined for the next few years.

What do you folks think of giving Luck the keys to the car next year?
He already knows the offense.  I wouldn't mind seeing him drive it a bit next year.

Do like Moore used to do with Peyton and give him a couple of plays and let him

audible out of it.

I just don't see many times when Luck checks the play at the line (though i only

watched a limited number of games this year).

We had an overall good season.  Luck did get his first playoff win, and still accomplished a lot considering the injuries.  When I read a few weeks ago, Wayne's goal is to win the comeback player of the year award, it brought a tear to my eye and he can do it too. Imagine that with Hilton's arrival, Dwayne Allen's return, and the continued improvement of Brazil and Whalen.

Some observations of today's game:

- Luck's first interception was costly but we were able to comeback from it.

- The 2nd interception of Havili's shoulder pad was also cost, no all Luck's fault, unfortunate bounce, and we were driving/gaining momentum before half.

- 3rd interception was a force pass, trying to do too much.

- Still we were only 1 score down at the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter, 29-22, with 2 possessions that did not score.

- The 1st possession was the no holding call, that that the DB held Whalen, should have been a penalty and a 1st down.  As someone said, if the prior PI call of Gordy is called which it should not have, then holding should have been called on the DB gaurding Whalen, they should call it the same both ways.  If not call on Gordy, then fine, don't call it on Whalen play, if called on Gordy, then call it on the Whalen play.

- The 2nd possesion was when the OL tripped Luck when he see he was going to run by him.  Almost felt like it was a conspiracy theory.

- Blount had a good game, but I give him 10 yards on the 73 yard runy and Landry should have made the tackle but he took a bad angle when he didn't have to still made contact with Blount and he ran right through him.  I thought run stopping was he strength.  Instead on 166 yards, he would have about 103 yard on 24 carries.  I thought our defense would have been acceptable otherwise.  I think the front 7 had a hard time maintaining focus when we were 21 points down with 4-9 minutes timeframe and a lot of yards was gained here.  The Pats do have Brady and fine stable or RB's, so it would be hard to stop them completely.  I wish we signed Blount this past off season.

- Rogers had a bad game, and a key drop in the first half.  In fact over the past month, he had a few great catches mixed with a few drops.  He missed a few comebacks passes in from the DB including one for a possible big gain today.  He missed another pass late in the game.  Hopefully the OTA's and training camp helps him improve.

-  Richardson, should have sprinted to the outside on that run, may gained a few yards instead on losing 1.  Likewise, hopefully the OTA and training camp helps him improve to the RB everybody thought he could be as he came out of college.

Peyton Manning:  I'm rooting for the B roncos to beat the Chargers, then the Pats, then win the SB.  Then we can win the SB next year.  Overall good season this year, to advance farther next year.