Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Is Owed To Peyton By The Colts?

dn4192

I really hope Luck turns out to be a bust no matter who drafts him. So sick of hearing about him.

Well he pulled off a thrilling 3-OT win today with a grand 56-48 score and continuing Stanford's undefeated streak, so you're going to continue hearing about him.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313020030

Edited by ReMeDy

Just think about this...Bill Polian put his mark on this franchise when he drafted Peyton Manning. The Colts franchise have reaped the benefits of that decision for over a decade. If Chris Polian is now truly calling the shots don't you think that if he has the opportunity he would take Luck and try to put his own signature on this franchise going forward? It would make sense for him to try to anchor his era as GM on another potential franchise type guy. It was his old man's modus operandi in Buffalo, Carolina & Indy. As the old saying goes...the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. ;)

I really hope Luck turns out to be a bust no matter who drafts him. So sick of hearing about him.

Hey P & E fan, please don't take this as a slight because I am not intending it as such. But that is spoken like a true Peyton fan. I say that because you already admitted to me in another thread that you are a fan of Peyton first...which is your right. Not too diminish your fanhood in any way. That is how any good "Peyton fan" would feel.

Now as a Colts first fan, I can say that I do love Peyton but I don't put him over the franchise. So given that, no fan of this franchise would ever want to see the team's first round draft pick bust out...ever. I am a long suffering fan that has enjoyed some good years because of Peyton but I can not hope for the team that I love to fail miserably over one player.

My opinion is that where a lot of people fall on the whole draft Luck debate boils down to their level of emotional attachment to Peyton. Those that are attached to him to stronger degrees have a harder time conceiving of a viable future for this franchise without him and tend to be more hostile to Luck because he represents to them "life without Peyton".

Edited by Coltsman1788

I think we owe it to Peyton and to ourselves to try to win another super bowl with him. We don't know what Andrew Luck can do, but we do know what Peyton can do. WIN!!!!

The Colts owe Manning his paycheck, Manning owes the Colts his best effort when healthy. But if you think even Manning is leading this team to a Super Bowl you are nuts lol.

I dont think Manning has enough top level years left to wait a couple years to get this team up to par. Im not saying cut Manning, he can take this team to the playoffs and to divison titles. But the organization needs to start looking towards the future. Manning imo wont be around to fulfill his contract, Id say 4 years tops but hope I am wrong if he is playing at an elite level.