Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

health risks and preparations for playing in the cold

CR91

I fell asleep on the couch this morning, but my hubby saw an interview with Dan Fouts.  He said that he still has no feeling in the tips of his fingers and his toes as a consequence of "The Freezer Bowl" game.  Imagine the impact that had on the rest of his career.  I've never heard him talk about it publicly before. 

I don't want to see anyone injured especially permanently like that...

Alcohol actually drops your body temperature. Little known fact.

I don't know how "little known" that is, but it's the point that I was making. Alcohol does lots of things to your body which really aren't desirable when your arteries, heart and lungs are already under serious stress because of frigid weather. I have no interest in attending a cold weather game. Mild inconvenience - or perhaps a fun adventure - when I was a kid, but I'll take TV at this point thank you.

The players are an entirely different story. It's can't be much fun, but they are professional athletes with lots of assistance - they'll be fine.

Alcohol actually drops your body temperature. Little known fact.

Does it? Seems to have the opposite effect on me. Whenever my buds have parties outside in the cold I forget completely about it and feel great if I drink enough. Or maybe I'm just a weird person lol.

I fell asleep on the couch this morning, but my hubby saw an interview with Dan Fouts.  He said that he still has no feeling in the tips of his fingers and his toes as a consequence of "The Freezer Bowl" game.  Imagine the impact that had on the rest of his career.  I've never heard him talk about it publicly before. 

I don't want to see anyone injured especially permanently like that...

Ouch. That sucks. Who knows how many other players have permanent damage from cold weather games like this and aren't coming out to talk/warn other players about it? Very disconcerting.

Good luck to your Chargers by the way. I hope the Bengals playoff losing streak continues today. :goodluck:

Does it? Seems to have the opposite effect on me. Whenever my buds have parties outside in the cold I forget completely about it and feel great if I drink enough. Or maybe I'm just a weird person lol.

No, it's just that it's effects on your brain make you not care.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now