Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which teams have the most passionate fans?

Sports Central1

Yeah but I bet you most of those people in the Chicagoland who say that are White Sox fans.  No love lost between them.

I'll confess, I'm a Cub hater, but just neutral on the White Sox. Pirates fan.....feel sorry for me.  :)

IDK, it's pretty much all local media, except for the Cubs flag station, but who knows what's really in one's heart.

Though this is a Cubs town, by far, and most of them seem to realize it also.

Who really knows.

However, don't forget, you said passionate, not loyal.

Loyal is pretty easy, but passionate requires a bit of a definition, and neither can be judged solely by attendance, as we're discussing with the Cubs example.

Seahawks <<<<Their stadium has a state of the art half enclosed roof that is specifically designed to the noise in.

That "state of the art roof" only covers about 2/3 of the seating leaving thousands of seats in the open, and its still an open air stadium which means that any domed stadium should be louder.

Also...117 consecutive sellouts in the Kingdome during the '80s when it was known as the loudest stadium in the league and now 90+ consecutive sellouts in their new stadium which is known as the loudest in the league.  And the Seahawks weren't exactly a dominant team during many of those sellout seasons so I have no idea where you came up with the idea that Seahawks fans are the least passionate in the NFL.  Dumb.

That "state of the art roof" only covers about 2/3 of the seating leaving thousands of seats in the open, and its still an open air stadium which means that any domed stadium should be louder.

Also...117 consecutive sellouts in the Kingdome during the '80s when it was known as the loudest stadium in the league and now 90+ consecutive sellouts in their new stadium which is known as the loudest in the league.  And the Seahawks weren't exactly a dominant team during many of those sellout seasons so I have no idea where you came up with the idea that Seahawks fans are the least passionate in the NFL.  Dumb.

Seahawks stadium was designed by engineers to purposely direct noise onto the field in it's design which inreases db.  It's not that the Seahawks have louder fans.  lol   The seating decks and partial roof direct exceptional amounts of crowd noise onto the field...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink_Field

The Science of Sound: How Seattle Got So Darn Loud...

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/09/17/the-science-of-sound-how-seattle-got-so-darn-loud/

“The main thing that creates noise is any type of overhanging structure that reflects sounds back into the stadium,” says Andrew Barnard, a research associate at Penn State‘s Applied Research Laboratory, specializing in structural acoustics. What’s more, Seattle’s stadium has two additional overhangs, functioning as the bottom of the upper seating bowl, that cover the lower seating bowls. “Sound also reflects off the bottom of the upper deck, and back onto the field,” says Barnard.

The curves on these canopies are also key. “They are large parabolas,” says Bill Stewart, managing partner at SSA Acoustics, which is based in Seattle. Stewart was responsible for measuring the record-setting noise on Sunday night. “The curvature and angles of the canopies act to focus the sound energy onto the playing field, producing higher noise levels.”

These physics also change behavior. “Fans get caught up in it,” says Stewart. “They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.” As a result, they scream even louder.

Seahawks stadium was designed by engineers to purposely direct noise onto the field in it's design which inreases db.  It's not that the Seahawks have louder fans.  lol   The seating decks and partial roof direct exceptional amounts of crowd noise onto the field...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink_Field

The Science of Sound: How Seattle Got So Darn Loud...

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/09/17/the-science-of-sound-how-seattle-got-so-darn-loud/

“The main thing that creates noise is any type of overhanging structure that reflects sounds back into the stadium,” says Andrew Barnard, a research associate at Penn State‘s Applied Research Laboratory, specializing in structural acoustics. What’s more, Seattle’s stadium has two additional overhangs, functioning as the bottom of the upper seating bowl, that cover the lower seating bowls. “Sound also reflects off the bottom of the upper deck, and back onto the field,” says Barnard.

The curves on these canopies are also key. “They are large parabolas,” says Bill Stewart, managing partner at SSA Acoustics, which is based in Seattle. Stewart was responsible for measuring the record-setting noise on Sunday night. “The curvature and angles of the canopies act to focus the sound energy onto the playing field, producing higher noise levels.”

These physics also change behavior. “Fans get caught up in it,” says Stewart. “They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.” As a result, they scream even louder.

“They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.”  That's pretty much what I said.  It's loud for an "outdoor environment."  Any indoor stadium should be louder.

And look at pictures of the stadium.  The roof only covers the east and west side stands, and then only the upper deck and about half of the lower deck.  There is no roof over either the north or south side stands or about half of the lower decks on the east and west sides, and there are large gaps in the north stands to provide fans a view of the Seattle skyline.  There are many thousands of seats in the stadium which receive no benefit at all from the roof acoustics and the field isn't even fully enclosed by stands.

Besides, the fans still have to yell loud to take advantage of the acoustics, neh?  Doesn't sound dispassionate to me.  And you also chose to ignore the many consecutive sellouts over the years in Seattle which included many mediocre seasons.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

I was sad to see it but I found out this year Colts fans can be a little fair weather. Being a season ticket holder I wasn't able to go to a couple games. I was unable to sell my tickets for the game against the titans which was a huge game which I found kind of sad since I couldn't even sell them at half their cost.

I was sad to see it but I found out this year Colts fans can be a little fair weather. Being a season ticket holder I wasn't able to go to a couple games. I was unable to sell my tickets for the game against the titans which was a huge game which I found kind of sad since I couldn't even sell them at half their cost.

Seems like a rather weak gauge of fair weather fans really.

Yeah my daughters friend went to the game yesterday and had front row seats for under face value ($75)

Yeah my daughters friend went to the game yesterday and had front row seats for under face value ($75)

It's sad that a couple bad games and all of sudden nobody wants tot go anymore. I live in Canada and have been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan my whole life and it is almost impossible to go see them with tickets selling at double their face value. Anyone who follows hockey knows how bad the leafs have been yet they still sellout every game due to how loyal and passionate their fans are

It's sad that a couple bad games and all of sudden nobody wants tot go anymore. I live in Canada and have been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan my whole life and it is almost impossible to go see them with tickets selling at double their face value. Anyone who follows hockey knows how bad the leafs have been yet they still sellout every game due to how loyal and passionate their fans are

All the games at LOS are full. Plus, Toronto is a city of 5m+ filling a stadium of 19k

All the games at LOS are full. Plus, Toronto is a city of 5m+ filling a stadium of 19k

True. I guess the way I look at this is that these discussions bother me because I feel like nobody has a right to tell someone else how to spend their discretionary income. Whether its because of the economy, the team isn't any good, whatever, to each his own. It really irks me when self righteous individuals go in these forums and lambast others for not blowing hundreds or thousands of dollars like they do, and proclaiming themselves the real fans of the team. I go back to the Baltimore days, had season tix during most all the Manning years, love the team, it's huge in my family. I lost my job , had to give them up , now I want back in , I'm stable financially now, and I'm probably pretty high on the wait list. But I can certainly understand why someone else would find sitting at home, watching it on TV , and saving yourself a lot of money, a better idea. Doesn't make them any less a fan.

Which teams in sports have the most passionate fans and least passionate fans? This is only for pro sports as we know college fans are very passionate across the board.

A good way to determine this is by attendance figures when the team is doing good and bad.

NFL most passionate and loyal fans...

Packers

Steelers

Bears

Cowboys

Broncos

Redskins

Chiefs

Lions

Giants

Jets

Eagles

Middle of the pack...

Bills

Vikings

Colts

Patriots

Texans

Least passionate...

Raiders

Jaguars

Titans

Dolphins

Bucs

Panthers

Falcons

Saints

Rams

Cardinals

Chargers

Seahawks <<<<Their stadium has a state of the art half enclosed roof that is specifically designed to the noise in.

MLB most passionate and loyal fans...

Cubs

Cardinals

Red Sox

SF Giants

Middle of the road...

Yankees <<<<They can't sell out their new stadium and they're a playoff contender every year.

Mets

Phillies

White Sox

Tigers

Twins

Rangers

Angels

Dodgers

Least passionate and loyal fans...

Marlins

A's

Rays

Braves

Padres

Astros

Rockies

Diamondbacks

Reds

Brewers

Mariners

Pirates

Nationals

NBA most passionate and loyal fans...

Knicks

Bulls

Lakers

Jazz

Middle of the road...

Celtics

Pacers

Rockets

Spurs

Mavs

Clippers

Least passionate...

Heat <<<<Will they be there when Lebron and Wade are gone?

Hawks

Warriors

Kings

Nuggets

Bucks

Timberwolves

Pelicans

Bobcats

Grizzlies

Thunder

Nets

Wizards

Raptors

Raiders have had more home games blacked out due to lack of sellouts than any other team. They can't sell out their home games. You didn't know this? This has been reported nationally and been a problem for the Raiders for years. They're one of the NFL teams always searching for a new home. A team that moves twice in around a 15 year span is a team that lacks a strong fan base and can't find a city to support them.

Saints weren't even on the radar till Brees showed up there. They weren't really around during the Ditka years. A few years before the Saints won the super bowl there were rumors the owner would move the team possibly to Los Angeles or another city.

Seahawks? Where were the fans when they were in their old stadium? A lot of johnny come lately's. Let's just be honest here, the reason why there's a growing number of Seahawks bandwagon fans is because they think they're uniforms are cool. Just keep it real.

This has already been discussed by engineers and stadium designers. If you were to put the Seahawks' half roof design over any NFL stadium it will significantly increase the db level. That's what engineers designed it to do. If you were to put that design over the Broncos' stadium it would be even louder than the Seahawks' stadium.

Most loyal fans in pro sports are the Cubs fans and they sellout Wrigley Field. They haven't won a World Series in 105 years (1908) and I think most of those years they finished below .500.

Wrigley Field was a ghost town before Harry Carry showed up . There have been long stretches of time where the White Sox were clearly the most popular team in town and had the attendance advantage. As a die-hard White Sox fan who loathes the Cubs I know these things. A huge , and I mean huge reason the Cubs are so well attended is because post 1980 Wrigley and all it's archaic charm(I guess) became a tourist trap all if a sudden. A huge percentage of their attendance is out of towners wanting to visit it. Parking is a chore and the amenities are terrible. The whole Cubs phenomenon is overrated. The Red Sox fans have been way more loyal for longer and Fenway is actually a place I would like to go to.

There has never been a game at Reliant that has not been sold out.

Just sayin

Houston is a highly underrated fanbase . Had some bad teams still sell out that big stadium. Even back in the days of the Oilers it was a huge home field advantage and they had some of the most rabid and loyal fans around.