Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how did these guys play?

GoColtsGo5150

Good morning all, I hope you are all well. As I watched only redzone yesterday ( stupid internet) I was just wondering how the following players did yesterday:

Laron Landry

Antoine Bethea

Vontae Davis

Bjoern Werner

Josh Chapman

I heard about Rogers drawing the PI, I saw the last drive with Brown and how bad our oline was but I didn't see much of the guys mentioned above.

Landry had a nice hit or two.

Bethea got abused at times but also made some nice plays. He had a really nice pass break up.

Davis didn't have much go his way today they were happy to attack Vaughn and Butler

Werner I wanted to mention he didn't have any big plays but I noticed him today he was causing some pressure on Fitz and was always around the ball he wasn't a huge factor but a factor none the less probably for the first time in his career. Hopefully it's a sign of times to come.

Chapman got a big time push on a sack that was the only time I noticed him all day but it was a huge play.

Bethea got abused at times but also made some nice plays. He had a really nice pass break up.

Davis didn't have much go his way today they were happy to attack Vaughn and Butler

Werner I wanted to mention he didn't have any big plays but I noticed him today he was causing some pressure on Fitz and was always around the ball he wasn't a huge factor but a factor none the less probably for the first time in his career. Hopefully it's a sign of times to come.

Chapman got a big time push on a sack that was the only time I noticed him all day but it was a huge play.

Big time push that caused a strip sack the Freeman recovered I might add haha. Without that push Fitz likely steps up in the pocket and they score at least 3 that drive.

The D played adequately as a whole.  One of my pet peeves is when they go to a 'prevent' where they only rush four and play a soft zone.  It seems we always get exploited on that D. 

As far as that last drive - it was a completely different O line.  I need to re-watch the game, I don't know what they changed up but our line dominated theirs. 

The guys at Colts Authority will do a study of each block on each series, they're far more adept at disecting it than I am.

Big time push that caused a strip sack the Freeman recovered I might add haha. Without that push Fitz likely steps up in the pocket and they score at least 3 that drive.

i know the announcers said chapman but I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the field. If my memory is correct

The D played adequately as a whole. One of my pet peeves is when they go to a 'prevent' where they only rush four and play a soft zone. It seems we always get exploited on that D.

As far as that last drive - it was a completely different O line. I need to re-watch the game, I don't know what they changed up but our line dominated theirs.

The guys at Colts Authority will do a study of each block on each series, they're far more adept at disecting it than I am.

That late in the game I just figured that the Titans' D was just tired. That was the only scenario I could come up where their D would let that happen.

Guest TeamLoloJones

i know the announcers said chapman but I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the field. If my memory is correct

Yeah it was Moala that got the push. Chapman wasn't on the field.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I take it you "noticing" Chapman was when the announcers incorrectly said Chapman.  Moala is the one that got the inside pressure.  Josh was on the sideline at the time.

Laundry was laying the wood and covering ground on the runs.

Bethea a couple of good covers and tackles (no deep cover goof ups this week).

Vontae a few good tackles.

Werner  3 tackles (but no game changing plays as it has been all season).

Chapman no factor

It was Butler who played a stellar game switching to corner, playing almost all snaps, and tackling and covering well all day.

Laundry was laying the wood and covering ground on the runs.

Bethea a couple of good covers and tackles (no deep cover goof ups this week).

Vontae a few good tackles.

Werner 3 tackles (but no game changing plays as it has been all season).

Chapman no factor

It was Butler who played a stellar game switching to corner, playing almost all snaps, and tackling and covering well all day.

butler was far from stellar in coverage

Freeman! That's who picked it up. Then McNary ran down and laid a linemen out! Was awesome!