Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Gary Kubiak to resign from Texans? (mod edit)

SkyBane

Interesting how the same Texan fans that apparently loved Kubiak before about mid October of 2013, as they couldn't stop running their mouths about making a Super Bowl this year, meaning they must have been real believers in him.......now blame the entire downfall of the organization on Kubiak (who's the same person today as he was when they first hired him). How come he is just now "holding you back"?

Nevermind that you're weak at QB, OL, NT, ILB, DB & you have no depth anywhere. Not to mention the worst special teams in the league. It's all Kubiak's fault.

Majority of Texans fans have been livid with Kubiak and Schaub for about 2-3 years now. No accountability/ wont bench underperformers. Offensive playbook thats too run heavy/outdated. Sticking to "noodle arm Schaub".

Basically if its said by Colts fans about Pep/Trent, Texans fans have said it about Kubiak/Schaub for years. The complaints are completely identical, honestly.

Majority of Texans fans have been livid with Kubiak and Schaub for about 2-3 years now. No accountability/ wont bench underperformers. Offensive playbook thats too run heavy/outdated. Sticking to "noodle arm Schaub".

Basically if its said by Colts fans about Pep/Trent, Texans fans have said it about Kubiak/Schaub for years. The complaints are completely identical, honestly.

Maybe on message boards.

I live in Houston & these people thought they had all the pieces to win a Super Bowl the last 3 years, including the head coach & quarterback.  Had they been livid with Kubiak & Schaub, there is no way to reconcile the (unfounded) arrogance they've displayed since 2011.    I've listened to it EVERY day up until late September of this year. 

It's been nothing short of hilarious seeing them pick up the pieces of their shattered season, as well as seeing all the Texan car window flags completely disappear....lol

Maybe on message boards.

I live in Houston & these people thought they had all the pieces to win a Super Bowl the last 3 years, including the head coach & quarterback.  Had they been livid with Kubiak & Schaub, there is no way to reconcile the (unfounded) arrogance they've displayed since 2011.    I've listened to it EVERY day up until late September of this year. 

It's been nothing short of hilarious seeing them pick up the pieces of their shattered season, as well as seeing all the Texan car window flags completely disappear....lol

True, so very, very true.

I call it like I see it, and living here in Houston - I am bombarded with the blindness of so many fans. It does hurt to see that the reality of the Texans performances this year are simply a carry-over of the decline of the team since the last four games from the 2012 season.

I'd have to attribute the fan ignorance to the fact that they are overly-enthusiastic victims of an Oilers team that was pulled from them in a flash. Many Texans fans are so happy to just have a team, that they are blinded by their own enthusiasm. It's really sad, but I haven't bought into the rhetoric of these same fans who were believing that the team was headed to post-season playoffs and eventually the Super Bowl.

I hate to see this happen to any NFL city...it's not good for the sport at all, and for this epic collapse of what was once a promising team is now a shell of what it was the past few years. The blame for this collapse goes from the top to the bottom, and everyone who cannot see this is only prolonging their suffering. 

True, so very, very true.

I call it like I see it, and living here in Houston - I am bombarded with the blindness of so many fans. It does hurt to see that the reality of the Texans performances this year are simply a carry-over of the decline of the team since the last four games from the 2012 season.

I'd have to attribute the fan ignorance to the fact that they are overly-enthusiastic victims of an Oilers team that was pulled from them in a flash. Many Texans fans are so happy to just have a team, that they are blinded by their own enthusiasm. It's really sad, but I haven't bought into the rhetoric of these same fans who were believing that the team was headed to post-season playoffs and eventually the Super Bowl.

I hate to see this happen to any NFL city...it's not good for the sport at all, and for this epic collapse of what was once a promising team is now a shell of what it was the past few years. The blame for this collapse goes from the top to the bottom, and everyone who cannot see this is only prolonging their suffering. 

Amen.  A-freaking-men.

You bring up a valid point in regards to the Oiler deal.  My opinion is that they are so desperate for success here, that they can't admit that they have any problems on their team, because it shatters their ideal that they've created for themselves that they have some Super Bowl caliber team.  I've been saying since middle 2012 that this team has significant holes, and that their window is starting to close.  Weaknesses at QB, OL, NT, ILB, DB and special teams have been very obvious to me for a while now.  Texan fans would rather stick their heads in the ground and tell themselves that everything is okay, though.  Until the bottom finally fell out and even the blindest of the blind can't delude themselves into thinking things are okay.....lol  It is not until they have the worst team in the NFL now that i'm actually hearing them admit they have problems.  It is an absolutely delicious time to be in Houston right now, let me tell you.

Colts fans are different.  We've experienced way, way more success than them, so we have no problems admitting that our team has holes.  We are overly negative in that regard, actually.  But that's the different mindset that winner franchises have, in comparison to insecure, loser franchises like the Houston Texans.

Good for you, MacDee 1975....maybe someday we will have a sustained and respectable franchise.

Here are the problems I have seen, in a nutshell:

All of this teams problems are rooted in the fact that some players were given millions of dollars having come off of severe injuries. Those extensions/gifts were not needed. The millions that were thrown towards them could have been used to keep the team together, instead of letting good, proven players walk out the door. Five million for a defensive "bust" in Ed Reed. Pathetic. In addition, our talent scouts have just proven themselves incapable of judging, developing and sustaining good, raw talent. Instead of working on a good players areas and needs for improvement, they simply let them go and start over with unknowns.

Let's go over the list of good players who walked away:

Glover Quin (Detroit), Eric Winston (Arizona), DeMeco Ryans (Philly), Conner Barwin (Philly), Joel Dreesen (Denver), Trindon Holliday (Denver), Jacoby Jones (Baltimore), Dunta Robinson, hell...even Bernard Pollard (Tennessee). Shaun Graham was a decent kicker, and I don't remember him ever costing us the headaches that Bullock has this season. Chris Jones was let go and now he is playing quite admirably for guess who...the Patriots.

Amen.  A-freaking-men.

You bring up a valid point in regards to the Oiler deal.  My opinion is that they are so desperate for success here, that they can't admit that they have any problems on their team, because it shatters their ideal that they've created for themselves that they have some Super Bowl caliber team.  I've been saying since middle 2012 that this team has significant holes, and that their window is starting to close.  Weaknesses at QB, OL, NT, ILB, DB and special teams have been very obvious to me for a while now.  Texan fans would rather stick their heads in the ground and tell themselves that everything is okay, though.  Until the bottom finally fell out and even the blindest of the blind can't delude themselves into thinking things are okay.....lol  It is not until they have the worst team in the NFL now that i'm actually hearing them admit they have problems.  It is an absolutely delicious time to be in Houston right now, let me tell you.

Colts fans are different.  We've experienced way, way more success than them, so we have no problems admitting that our team has holes.  We are overly negative in that regard, actually.  But that's the different mindset that winner franchises have, in comparison to insecure, loser franchises like the Houston Texans.

At this point, I am not sure the Colts are looking much better than the Texans ....

He is done in this town and so is Schaub. If Kube quits, good bye, he would do so to avoid the press worms from crawling all over him when he is fired. Houston football peaked with the Oilers coming with in a breathe of beating the Steelers. They have been a sore spot in this town no matter what the team. They stink like the Astros do. JJ Watts will try to escape and Andre Johnson wants a ring.

At this point, I am not sure the Colts are looking much better than the Texans ....

Good thing the Colts are 7-4, have the division title locked up, have the best young qb in the NFL, have an enviable cap situation, don't have a lame duck head coach & already beat Houston at Houston.

Good thing the Colts are 7-4, have the division title locked up, have the best young qb in the NFL, have an enviable cap situation, don't have a lame duck head coach & already beat Houston at Houston.

Wow!! Do you really believe all of that? :36dancing:

So you feel good about the Colts coaches this season and beyond?

Don't know, but my opinion of the Colts coaching staff has nothing to do with the sad state of affairs that the Texans are in, which is the topic here.

The Colts could be 11-0 or 0-11, really isn't material at all;  the same myriad of problems that reside within the Texans franchise will still exist regardless.

Don't know, but my opinion of the Colts coaching staff has nothing to do with the sad state of affairs that the Texans are in, which is the topic here.

The Colts could be 11-0 or 0-11, really isn't material at all;  the same myriad of problems that reside within the Texans franchise will still exist regardless.

Ok I gotcha. You are more happy about the demise of the Texans for this season anyways then the state of your own team.

Me too! Don't resign! We need you to help the Texans fail so we can dominate the division until you retire!! Loll

Agreed.  I think the smart move would be to resign Kubiak & build around Case Keenum for the next decade.  Please don't address NT, ILB, DB, OL or special teams, either. 

I know that. It just amuses me that a person would get more pleasure in seeing another team lose then his own win.

More pleasure? It has nothing to do with more pleasure. The two topics are unrelated. A person enjoys seeing the Texans losing, and at the same time enjoys seeing his team win (or doesn't enjoy seeing his team lose). One has nothing to do with the other.

I personally derive no pleasure from seeing the Texans suck. But to each his own.

More pleasure? It has nothing to do with more pleasure. The two topics are unrelated. A person enjoys seeing the Texans losing, and at the same time enjoys seeing his team win (or doesn't enjoy seeing his team lose). One has nothing to do with the other.

I personally derive no pleasure from seeing the Texans suck. But to each his own.

I have read a good amount of this posts and he certainly seems to enjoy watching the Texans lose more than the Colts winning. He must be real happy today with the Pats beating them for 10 straight losses.

I have read a good amount of this posts and he certainly seems to enjoy watching the Texans lose more than the Colts winning. He must be real happy today with the Pats beating them for 10 straight losses.

I hope not. Colts really needed Houston to pull off that gift they almoat gave them.

I was hoping the Texans would win. Would put the Colts back at #2.