Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If The Last Six Games Are Indicative Of The Rest Of The Season....

Mouthfire

Then Painter's not going to win us any games. But he's not going to cost us any games, either.

Which is fine. No one was expecting him to be Peyton Manning. But in order to get a win, the rest of the offense will need to be more consistent (ahem, Garçon, Clark, Collie), and the defense needs to elevate it's play above what it was doing while Manning was here.... cause the margin for error is so much slimmer.

The defense needs to take better advantage of opportunities. When the opposing QB makes a bad pass and hits a DB or LB in the hands, the defender needs to catch the ball. When a defender gets to a running back in the backfield, he needs to make the tackle (or at least wrap him up and slow him down). They are not good enough to not make those plays and still win games. There have been many times this season that the defense has been in position to make a game-changing play and have not made that play. I'm sick of hearing "almost intercepted" during the radio broadcasts.

I think he's getting better and will continue to mature. I think a few more games in and he'll be winning games for us as long as Clark gets it together and Garcon doesn't make too many more bonehead moves. He almost won the game for us today! Then AV misses the field goal and Garcon lays and egg. That's not on him. BTW, don't blame AV - it looked REALLY windy and bad snap/bad hold. But still. Painter will win at least one for us down the road, from what I saw.

The defense needs to take better advantage of opportunities. When the opposing QB makes a bad pass and hits a DB or LB in the hands, the defender needs to catch the ball. When a defender gets to a running back in the backfield, he needs to make the tackle (or at least wrap him up and slow him down). They are not good enough to not make those plays and still win games. There have been many times this season that the defense has been in position to make a game-changing play and have not made that play. I'm sick of hearing "almost intercepted" during the radio broadcasts.

LACK OF TALENT on D and BAD COACHING are killing us. We're not a playoff caliber team even with Manning this year. In our soft division, we'd get there and then be one and done AGAIN. Really sick of this....

LACK OF TALENT on D and BAD COACHING are killing us. We're not a playoff caliber team even with Manning this year. In our soft division, we'd get there and then be one and done AGAIN. Really sick of this....

its not really the lack of talent is the bad coaching all together. who in their right mind drops the linebackers back to stand beside the safeties unless you want to give the opposing QB a 20 yard open spot on the field to throw to a WR in. then yeah that would be awesome coaching.

its not really the lack of talent is the bad coaching all together. who in their right mind drops the linebackers back to stand beside the safeties unless you want to give the opposing QB a 20 yard open spot on the field to throw to a WR in. then yeah that would be awesome coaching.

Well, the same guy that still doesn't expect a screen on 3rd down, that's who.

(edit - that's not fair, the D played good enough to win today.)

Edited by Smonroe

I think Painter is getting better and better, and the offense has put up 78 points in the last 4 games (almost 20 points a game). I could do better, but the opponents have put 102 points in the last 4 games (nearly 26 points a game). You could win a game with 20 points, but with this offense, it's going to be hard to put up more than 26. You need the defense to do better. I don't think Painter is to blame, it's the defense and the coaching. Last year from Week 3 to 6, the D let up 77 points in 6 games (19 points a game). If the defense plays like last year, we would win at least 2 games. The D is the problem, but Painter can improve.