Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who do you think will qb the texans next week?

Stephen

Man I didn't think that was funny at all when he was actually told.  I thought he was gonna cry, and then the guy asked him "Are you alright?  And he said "I want to call my grandma."  I honestly got a little choked up myself.  That moment reminds you these guys are still kids.

He had an up and down first year wtih us, and really came on late.  And after the way he has played this year, I think Vontae is firmly in the top 5 of best CBs in the entire league.  If you go back and watch what the Dolphins coaches and GM were saying about Davis and why they wanted him gone, it really makes them look clueless.  

Right, he did look shocked & bit choked up, but it's hard to feel that bad for a guy who makes millions of dollars for playing a game, but I realize these guys do have emotions & they do put their bodies on the line for our entertainment...

but just the way he immediately said "I want to call Grandma", sorry if this makes me a horrible person but I find it funny, a pro athelete a guy who plays a violent sport where it's his job to slam other grown men to the ground has that first reaction, sorry, but it makes me laugh...

If it makes any consolation, Vontae has now gone from a player that I liked, to now being one of my favorite players!!!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Right, he did look shocked & bit choked up, but it's hard to feel that bad for a guy who makes millions of dollars for playing a game, but I realize these guys do have emotions & they do put their bodies on the line for our entertainment...

but just the way he immediately said "I want to call Grandma", sorry if this makes me a horrible person but I find it funny, a pro athelete a guy who plays a violent sport where it's his job to slam other grown men to the ground has that first reaction, sorry, but it makes me laugh...

If it makes any consolation, Vontae has now gone from a player that I liked, to now being one of my favorite players!!!

I'd take Vontae's personality over Richard Sherman's any day of the week

I shared a very close relationship with my grandmother. He could have said that because maybe she lived in Miami, and he helped take care of her? Or something to that effect.

I wasn't wrong...

i thought the first part of Kubiak's monday conferernce was good enough for you but here is a few more quotes from him about his QB position:

"Well, I was impressed with what he did," Kubiak said. "To go into Kansas City in that environment, that noise, and to handle the football team the way he handled it, I thought was impressive. We had no huddle issues. We had no problems getting in and out and getting our game plan run. I think we had one false start the whole game, which I was very impressed with, with the environment that we were in. He did a lot of really good things. He did a lot of things that he's got to go improve upon for us to be successful. So we've got to go fix those things. I think, for a first time out and the position he was in, I thought he handled the team very well."

Kubiak said he was most impressed with Keenum's ability to run the offense and call plays despite the noise at Arrowhead Stadium. With Schaub getting closer to returning, Kubiak says he has a tough decision on which quarterback will start against Indianapolis on November 3.

"That's a difficult call, either way, from that standpoint," Kubiak said. "I'm going to look at it. Matt is back moving around a little bit today. We've got a bye week here. We have a couple of days to evaluate ourselves, evaluate our football team and see where we're at and then I will do what I think is best for the team."

but yea you say you wasn't wrong. Kubiak hasn't said anything close to Schaub will start vs Colts

i thought the first part of Kubiak's monday conferernce was good enough for you but here is a few more quotes from him about his QB position:

"Well, I was impressed with what he did," Kubiak said. "To go into Kansas City in that environment, that noise, and to handle the football team the way he handled it, I thought was impressive. We had no huddle issues. We had no problems getting in and out and getting our game plan run. I think we had one false start the whole game, which I was very impressed with, with the environment that we were in. He did a lot of really good things. He did a lot of things that he's got to go improve upon for us to be successful. So we've got to go fix those things. I think, for a first time out and the position he was in, I thought he handled the team very well."

Kubiak said he was most impressed with Keenum's ability to run the offense and call plays despite the noise at Arrowhead Stadium. With Schaub getting closer to returning, Kubiak says he has a tough decision on which quarterback will start against Indianapolis on November 3.

"That's a difficult call, either way, from that standpoint," Kubiak said. "I'm going to look at it. Matt is back moving around a little bit today. We've got a bye week here. We have a couple of days to evaluate ourselves, evaluate our football team and see where we're at and then I will do what I think is best for the team."

but yea you say you wasn't wrong. Kubiak hasn't said anything close to Schaub will start vs Colts

lmao.  If he starts Keenum over Schaub, that's a mistake.  Schaub is the better, more experienced QB.  Unless he is hurt, then Keenum would be the obvious choice.  Keenum got away with a lot of sketchy throws across the field as he was rolling out of the pocket against a very good secondary in Kansas City.  Schaub will probably be closer too 100% by week 9 and if he is, expect him to start.  I don't think Kubiak is giving up on the season just yet.

Doesn't matter who starts. Keenum is the better of the 3 unless Kansas City defense was just having a bad game. He did well in his debut. Let the hometown kid start in his hometown & he just may beat us

Who knows? :dunno:

Not really his hometown, he is from Abilene, Texas which is almost 6hrs from Houston. But Houston adopted him since his UofH days.

Gary Kubiak is the Hometown Houston guy, hences why his leash is so long down here with the owner

lmao.  If he starts Keenum over Schaub, that's a mistake.  Schaub is the better, more experienced QB.  Unless he is hurt, then Keenum would be the obvious choice.  Keenum got away with a lot of sketchy throws across the field as he was rolling out of the pocket against a very good secondary in Kansas City.  Schaub will probably be closer too 100% by week 9 and if he is, expect him to start.  I don't think Kubiak is giving up on the season just yet.

Wether or not Gary starts him, Schaub is done.