Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our offense sucks...and by sucks I mean is very inconsistent

HarassedOffTheSite

Now...all the negadits can put down their stones....it doesn't really "suck" vis-a-vis the Jacksonville Jaguars. And I know a lot of 'fans' look at the win and see a win. But I look at this win and see points left on the field....mostly through some lame officiating...but also through a lack of execution. Regardless, I was pleased with the win. But there are always things to address.

Granted, Andrew made some great plays and our defense really showed up. Also our offensive line is ultimately the source of many of our offensive problems. And as a Colts' fan my perspective may be skewed a bit being used to offensive execution.

However...

Andrew makes great plays when he has to....but....if he'd just make plays when he's supposed to he'd "have to" a lot less. Bad plays, bad decisions, bad passes etc, etc. and I need him to stop throwing mach 4 bullets at receivers who are 3 feet away from him. Maybe some new Olinemen'll give him some more breathing room.

Trent Richardson is going to have to dig down and find it. I understand that this line is less than impressive. I understand that defenses are keying on him way more than Donald Brown. But c'mon man....almost all of his runs looks the same. I haven't dug down into his game anywhere near enough to know what his problem is but I'm not seeing #3 overall pick. Ehhh we'll see.

I'm not ready to start swinging at our new O.C. We're only 7 games into a new system....and we may not have all of the part required (subpar Oline). But I'd like to see some of the correctable things get corrected.

Okay, contrarians (and jokers that didn't even read the post) first. Then I'll weed through to find the salient responses.

We're spoiled as fans because we watched a Peyton run offense for years.  The offense is certainly not perfect, but they did score 39 points last night.  39 points is going to win the game about 99 times out of 100.  I'm concerned about TRich's production and I'm extremely concerned about the future that likely looks to be without Reggie, but we've got an above average offense with a quarterback that's very soon going to be best in the league.  The future is bright.