Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The ***OFFICIAL*** Colts vs. Chargers game Thread! (no copying...lol)

bap1331

Im so excited to get tickets to this game, especially a MNF Game!

So heres the gameplan:

1. The first key advantage is that Freeney is out...so that is one less person to worry about...

2. Getting back Landry, Havili, and Brazill should be a huge plus for our offense to spark more and put up big points.. It helped us in the second half today but we need more...

3. I think our only key is our running game...it should tire out the defense and keep Rivers off the field.

4. Contain and blitz Rivers. He can put up big points so we will need to keep it up.

Never really watched the Chargers so don't know much about them. Theyre a pretty descent team...

What do you think?

We should win this game, only thing is Rivers isnt a dual threat, so containing wont be a major factor. The only thing that concerns me is that we somehow ALWAYS LOSE to the dang Chargers. Its irritating, but this is a new team.

Peyton Manning had problems because they have a 3-4 defense which is the reason we may give him problems 2 weeks from now.

75% of the teams that use 3-4 in the NFL don't have a good defense but we do...

Yeah the story line with us vs. Freeney is sadly gone. But, it may help us too.....

Chargers are a strange team. They can certainly put up the points but I don't trust their defense either. And with their recent history on MNF.....who knows. :) I just hope it's not a heart attack game and we can impose our will early on and gain control.

Yeah the story line with us vs. Freeney is sadly gone. But, it may help us too.....

Chargers are a strange team. They can certainly put up the points but I don't trust their defense either. And with their recent history on MNF.....who knows. :) I just hope it's not a heart attack game and we can impose our will early on and gain control.

Yea but they have been facing Mickey Mouse teams lately. They never really know how to play with the big leaguers like the Patriots and Broncos...

Defense needs to disrupt rivers at all cost, make him uncomfortable, get in his face, throw blitz, anything! His completion percentage (73.8) is second in the league behind manning. Although having Landry back is a big help for the secondary, our front line has to do everything they can to create havoc on rivers. Their running game is nothing to fear (21st in rushing, colts 31st) while colts are 4th in rushing defense in the L, we should be able to ground and pound them with Trich and deliver big plays with Brown. 

Keys to win 

-disrupt Rivers by using mixed blitz

-focus on running the ball from the start 

-Luck needs to be careful with his throws, way too erratic in seahawks game

-try and involve Hilton and/or Fleener early