Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Never Contenders

luvdacolts67

No way were we contenders even with Manning. Our coaching and defense is worst in football. This is the product of the front office and the way they have put this team together around Manning. We have injuries every year because our players are TOO SMALL. Small dosnt work and niether does the defensive scheme. This team will never win a SB again with Manning or anyone else untill they go in a new direction. I feel sorry for Manning because he is the GOAT and he got stuck with this front office calling the shots on his carreer. I have and always will love the shoe but this team has seen its glory and I probably wont see that again in my lifetime. I waited over 30 years in between SB so I can say I saw them win 2. You can put this in the bank, Manning will never win another title with the Colts. There arnt enough brains running this team. Im sooooo ticked and have finaly come to the fact that this team has no chance and Ive known it for a long time. We are darn lucky we won in 06. Just pathetic is the only word that describes what I see every Sun.

I call nonsense on this one. With Manning we'd be 4-1 right now. This team was built around his skill set. The D looks terrible b/c they are on the field 70% of the game! Did you not see the 1st half? The D played very well until the last KC drive. Manning makes adjustments on offense that Caldwell/Christensen/Painter simply cannot. Painter did his best, but he wasn't helped by Clark's drops...those would have moved the chains. I agreed the D needs to be switched up. But we lost Addai to a hammy and he's not exactly small....same with Powers, he's no midget either. Size doesn't matter w/ hamstring injuries...maybe we should take a look at our strength/conditioning program, I think the problem lies there.

I call nonsense on this one. With Manning we'd be 4-1 right now. This team was built around his skill set. The D looks terrible b/c they are on the field 70% of the game! Did you not see the 1st half? The D played very well until the last KC drive. Manning makes adjustments on offense that Caldwell/Christensen/Painter simply cannot. Painter did his best, but he wasn't helped by Clark's drops...those would have moved the chains. I agreed the D needs to be switched up. But we lost Addai to a hammy and he's not exactly small....same with Powers, he's no midget either. Size doesn't matter w/ hamstring injuries...maybe we should take a look at our strength/conditioning program, I think the problem lies there.

I dont buy your argument especially about the size of players. Since we have played this small d we have had at best a team that makes it to the playoffs but cant win the big one. Most of our playoff apperances we lost the first game we played. We have had injuries above and beyond other teams because small guys cant last a season. Im not talking offensivly, we have NEVER been able to stop the run and we have been consitantly vulnerable in the middle of the field on 3rd downs. I dont know why Clark all of a suden cant catch a ball, that baffles me. I just dont think this d can last more than a half at the most.

This season is an eye opener to just how badly Manning carries the entire team. . .he is surrounded by poor talent on both sides of the ball. Poor drafting doesn't help with a sudden string of first round busts (Gonzo, Ugoh, Brown, Hughes).

This season is an eye opener to just how badly Manning carries the entire team. . .he is surrounded by poor talent on both sides of the ball. Poor drafting doesn't help with a sudden string of first round busts (Gonzo, Ugoh, Brown, Hughes).

The constant injuries don't help either. It doesn't do us any good when we have to pull guys off the practice squad and out of the stands to put together a full roster only 5 games into the season.