Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos' OT Ryan Clady out indefinetly

oldunclemark

Nobody knows the full extent of the injury yet. Reporters are trying to jump the gun to be the "first to say so/worst case scenario." Just like the Von Miller stuff that was bogus.

That being said, he's irreplaceable/their best O-lineman. Clark is serviceable in the meantime.

It's not like Manning needs a killer O-line to perform. DEN might only average 40 points a game now. If DEN were playing a D like SEA every week, that extra time Clady gives would be invaluable.

Up next is OAK, PHI, DAL, then JAX. Not too worried about any of those sans Dallas. We and the 'Skins are after Dallas, and he'll annihilate both our defenses.

Put those six games together, plus the bye, plus the week before next game and that's 8 weeks/2 months. It likely won't take longer than that, and Von Miller should be back in half that time to boost the defense. Provided he doesn't do something else stupid.

Nobody knows the full extent of the injury yet. Reporters are trying to jump the gun to be the "first to say so/worst case scenario." Just like the Von Miller stuff that was bogus.

That being said, he's irreplaceable/their best O-lineman. Clark is serviceable in the meantime.

It's not like Manning needs a killer O-line to perform. DEN might only average 40 points a game now. If DEN were playing a D like SEA every week, that extra time Clady gives would be invaluable.

Up next is OAK, PHI, JAX, and DAL. Not too worried about any of those sans Dallas. We're not too far after them, either...and he will annihilate our D.

I hope you're right Moose...maybe its not as bad as I'm reading..

..but he's out for awhile

Word Monday night is:

Denver star Ryan Clady may miss three months with a  foot injury...

He was hurt late in the 4th quarter vs. The Giants.

The backup..Chris Clark is not all bad ..but he's not all pro..either

Big blow to Denver's chances of getting home field in the AFC playoffs

he misses that game against the colts that's a different line without clady that would be our chance to put some hits on Peyton manning.

They'll be fine. Are they more likely to move Orlando to the left side or put the backup in the left and keep Orlando on the right?

I think they'll keep Orlando at right tackle and put Clark at left. Orlando is better suited for right.

The less likely alternative is move Beadles to left tackle and put Kuper (if/when healthy) at his spot.

I think they'll keep Orlando at right tackle and put Clark at left. Orlando is better suited for right.

The less likely alternative is move Beadles to left tackle and put Kuper (if/when healthy) at his spot.

Orlando it  has been  said in past, maybe different now with more time in league, didnt have all the tools to play at left tackle, forgot what exactly they said he was missing

Yes wrote this yesterday from mile high report

Quick PS sent to me      (((  See the one option note paragraph )))

ESTIMATE

Just moments after news broke that Denver Broncos All-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady could miss up to six weeks with a Lisfranc foot sprain, the team announced that they have agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Chris Clark.

Though he was extended by the team, Clark is not guaranteed to earn a starting job right away, at least not at left tackle, where Clady had been playing. Denver will likely shift around their offensive line, and guard Chris Kuper will help provide additional depth.

One option for the team would be moving right tackle Orlando Franklin or guard Zane Beadles to left tackle and moving Chris Clark to right tackle (with Kuper or someone else filling in for Beadles). As of today, Denver's depth chart consists of Franklin at right tackle, Louis Vasquez at right guard, Manny Ramirez at center, Beadles at left  Guard and Clark at left tackle (behind the injured Clady).

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4737718/denver-broncos-signings-denver-announces-two-year-extension-with

(((  IS KUPER EVEN HEALTHY   , ????, Wonder when Walton can return ?? & if he gets back center  )))

Posted It in 

Denver (- 5 1/2) @ NYG (9-15-13) Game Thread

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20419-denver-5-12-nyg-9-15-13-game-thread/page-2#entry563581

they are also trying to run ball , Clark may not be able to do that,

Clady hurt when going to right side to help run blocking and defender fell on his leg in awkward position & Clady's foot was rolled up by a the fallen player   as the Broncos were trying to run out the clock. 

---------------------------------------

they , staff , have been saying Bailey would be ready for week one and still isnt practicing  so who knows what is accurate  when  staff says something  

DENVER POST 

Broncos OT Ryan Clady has injured foot, could miss rest of season

various scenarios discussed

The more severe Lisfrancs can have a three- to four-month recovery period.

The team still was getting medical opinions on the extent of Clady's injury Monday.

((( broncos haven't stated how severe Clady is ))

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24109908/broncos-ot-ryan-clady-has-injured-foot-could

------------------------------

may need more 2 TE looks eliminating 3 WR and also though will have tiime will Peyton have time enough to get off a variety of plays or just short ones that can be double teamed, 

its all wait and see until 1st game how its approached

==========================

Mile High Report notes ( excerpts )

My nervousness with the situation isn't so much with change, it is with Clark's skillset and his problem dealing with athletic or powerful pass rushers.

more extensive use of 12 personnel groups.  Both Julius Thomas and Virgil Green will be in the game.  On the one hand, things can become very interesting and I foresee some usage of one of them in the backfield as that "H" back Aaron Hernandez type TE

The Broncos went to the 2-TE look in the 2nd half of their game against the Giants and it worked well.  The Broncos can theoretically run their entire offense out of 12 personnel (if I know anything about the Manning passing game) with some slight tweaks.

This means (however) that Wes will see less snaps, unless.....

Can Welker be swapped for Decker and can the Broncos take a page or two from the NE playbook circa last year?( Julius )  Thomas is certainly a viable receiving threat, the key to this idea will be the Broncos trusting Virgil to be one as well.  We shall see.

More max protect?

In certain situations against capable opponents I would.  What I'm talking about here is having both the RB and TE in the shotgun to protect as Manning tries to find the open target.  It takes away some receiving threats though.

Less shots downfield?

Well, if the Broncos are playing more 12 personnel with more protection, means less targets to cover, which means more bodies to double the receivers that are running patterns.  That is only one part of the equation.

The other being can Manning trust his protection to hold up if he's going to take a 5 or 7 step drop and try to take some shots downfield?  Less time + less targets + more rolled coverages = less downfield shots.  Unless....

Running game takes off?

---

The downfield passing game will now hinge on whether or not Chris Clark can hold up decently against the rush and whether or not the running game can be a more consistent and potent weapon.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4739214/with-ryan-clady-out-how-does-the-broncos-offense-change

A lot of that is 'worst case scenario'

Its a mistake to judge what the medical staff says about Bailey has anything to do with what they say about Clady...

Players arent honest about injuries,..not even to the themselves..

No one really knows how long an athlete will be out...Even the doctors don't know...They guess and we mistakenly hold them to guesses..

You just have to assume Clady is out indefinetly and go forward..  Same with Bailey.....he's 35...He may not play for another month.

Lets see if Chris Clark can play.  Don't immediately assume he cant just because he was behind Clady..

Clark played left tackle all training camp....Word is: he's not bad.. 

One thing I can predict. There's NO CHANCE of them taking Wes Welker off the field on anything but short yardage plays for an extra tight end...None..That's beating yourself

One other thing: Manning made the playoffs with far worse lines in Indy...They just signed Clark to a 2-year deal...He's not some lumberjack they dragged in off the street..

Clady is out indefinetly and go forward..  Same with Bailey.....he's 35...He may not play for another month.

Lets see if Chris Clark can play.  Don't immediately assume he cant just because he was behind Clady..

One thing I can predict. There's NO CHANCE of them taking Wes Welker off the field on anything but short yardage plays for an extra tight end...None..That's beating yourself

One other thing: Manning made the playoffs with far worse lines in Indy...They just signed Clark to a 2-year deal...He's not some lumberjack they dragged in off the street..

Yep, they wouldn't have signed Chris Clark to 2 years if he was just a stop gap. They like what he brings to the table and he has practiced with the first team offense in TC, which is important to note, IMO.

If Peyton can play with Charlie Johnson at left tackle and take the Colts to the SB, I think he can work with Chris Clark. His D and running game is the one that needs to get better as they get closer to the playoffs.

A lot of that is 'worst case scenario'

Its a mistake to judge what the medical staff says about Bailey has anything to do with what they say about Clady...

Players arent honest about injuries,..not even to the themselves..

No one really knows how long an athlete will be out...Even the doctors don't know...They guess and we mistakenly hold them to guesses..

You just have to assume Clady is out indefinetly and go forward..  Same with Bailey.....he's 35...He may not play for another month.

In agree , all dates given for return and status updates are really just conjecture,  Prepare for the worst and if better , great

Yep, they wouldn't have signed Chris Clark to 2 years if he was just a stop gap. They like what he brings to the table and he has practiced with the first team offense in TC, which is important to note, IMO.

If Peyton can play with Charlie Johnson at left tackle and take the Colts to the SB, I think he can work with Chris Clark.

His D and running game is the one that needs to get better as they get closer to the playoffs.

# 2 D & Run Game a must, those moreno TDs set up play action and that ill be more important now without clady & less time for plays to develop 

#1 seems true but still a different team and different offense, play calls will adjust as I noted mile high suggestions and thats what actually worked in 2nd half Vs Giants , the 2 TE sets when welker was covered quite well 1 on 1

I due like CJ better than Clark till proven otherwise, CJ at least had experience & if remember correctly aat carious positions , i hope Beadles can help out clark , runs will have to be to the right and teams may know that, and thats what worked anyway in the 2 TE sets, Virgil green set the edge great

In Preseason Clark didnt impress me playing with the ones, when he played with Brock and the 2's Vs 2's then he did, so he is somewhere between a starter and a # 2 player , also as Mile High suggests  it is with Clark's skillset and his problem dealing with athletic or powerful pass rushers. as noted in my comments above 

also Denver needs to sign another tackle as now no more subs but beadles

Kuper gets back , when & if, beadles may go to left tackle and Kuper to his OG spot

at this point its a work in progress and at least next few teams dont have stellar rushers so hopefuly  Clark can gain real experience and gain confidence

JUst back from drs and haven't had chance to see if any update save   , If I can look and have tiime and something worthwhile i will try and note it on forum

PS  just gave quick look

Denver Broncos Injury Update: Robert Ayers and Duke Ihenacho are fine

at least both p;layers say they will play Monday

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4738582/denver-broncos-injury-update-robert-ayers-and-duke-ihenacho-are-fine

By the way, Clark's contract was agreed to on Friday, not because of this injury.

I can't imagine them disrupting their entire line over this. Based on last year and preseason, I'd assume that they'll stick Clark on the left and give him a little help. As others have said, this is probably only a significant issue against certain teams. Hopefully he will be back before the playoffs.

By the way, Clark's contract was agreed to on Friday, not because of this injury.

I can't imagine them disrupting their entire line over this. Based on last year and preseason, I'd assume that they'll stick Clark on the left and give him a little help. As others have said, this is probably only a significant issue against certain teams. Hopefully he will be back before the playoffs.

no idea where u got that, here is the story from Broncos web site,  Mile High Report & denver Post , however that doesn't mean though that these  reports of this w  MONday  signing that Broncos werent going to sign him an extension anyway & timing is coincidence or just sped it up

The Broncos on Monday signed tackle Chris Clark to a two-year contract extension.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Clark-Signs-Two-Year-Contract-Extension/18e3723f-5d19-4a13-9adc-ff7e24238270

also Mile high report says

Just moments after news broke that Denver Broncos All-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady could miss up to six weeks with a Lisfranc foot sprain, the team announced that they have agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Chris Clark.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4737718/denver-broncos-signings-denver-announces-two-year-extension-with

The Broncos signed tackle Chris Clark to a two-year contract extension through 2015, Broncos executive VP of football operations John Elway announced in a statement Monday.

Clark (6-foot-5, 305 pounds) is a fifth-year player who has seen action in 42 career regular-season games (six starts) with the Broncos over the last four seasons.

He is one of seven Broncos who has played in every possible game for the club since the beginning of the 2011 campaign, contributing on offense and special teams for Denver.

Originally signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a college free agent in 2008, Clark spent his first two NFL seasons competing on the Minnesota Vikings' practice squad.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24106805/chris-clark-signed-by-broncos-two-year-contract

I'm a little worried myself. You don't just replace 1 of the best left tackles in the NFL & expect no hiccups. Aside from QB, the most position in football is center & then left tackle or whatever your field general's blind side is...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/09/16/ryan-clady-lisfranc-sprain-chris-clark/2822565/

Ryan Clark: Height: 6 ft 5 in Weight: 315 lb...Yeah, but how well does he move his feet & use his arms to create leverage though?

Manning can't scramble. He's like a wounded gazelle running in the wild. You have to prevent LBs, & DEs from moving 18 off his spot in the pocket. I need to see Clark in action 1st. 

""We have the utmost confidence in Chris Clark," Fox said. Really John? I don't. Your credibility is shot to me after that timid behavior to win the game in regulation against the Ravens. 

I only watched the Broncos in the 3rd Preseason game so I have no frame of reference as to how well Ryan Clark actually played in that game or how many reps Clark really got. Just keep people off 18 please.

I've never been one of these "everything will be fine" people. More like "show me" first & put my anxieties at bay. Going from Clady to anyone else is like stepping off a cliff. That 1st step is gonna really hurt...

Protection means everything in this league & I take nothing on blind faith anymore. Prove to me you belong at left tackle Ryan Clark...

I only watched the Broncos in the 3rd Preseason game so I have no frame of reference as to how well Ryan Clark actually played in that game or how many reps Clark really got. Just keep people off 18 please.

I've never been one of these "everything will be fine" people. More like "show me" first & put my anxieties at bay. Going from Clady to anyone else is like stepping off a cliff. That 1st step is gonna really hurt...

Protection means everything in this league & I take nothing on blind faith anymore. Prove to me you belong at left tackle Ryan Clark...

clark got all first team and most second team reps if not all 2nd team, remember Clady was rehabbing trying to get back forRavens

He was good Vs # 2 offenseives, nothing specail whatsoever Vs no 1, but will have some non rushing teams to play to get some confidence

John Fox "It's not where you start the race; it's where you finish the race" [--Around 1:17]...True John true, but let's try to go out with a confetti bang as opposed to disappointing fireworks dud this time please...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox-on-Clark-Extension-Winning-on-the-Road/0e5328b5-7574-444b-b31b-08a8bf26a92c

People can make mistakes as long as they learn from their flaws John. P.S. RB Montee Ball no more fumbling near the NY Giants endzone either. I expect more from a WI Badger. Fix it now...Sigh...

Ball is talented & I do root for the guy. I just don't want him to become Ron Dane #2. A great college RB that never really accomplished anything great in the pros. Keep working Montee; keep working.

Well it didn't come to me in my sleep. :)

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24109908/broncos-ot-ryan-clady-has-injured-foot-could

"With Clady out, Chris Clark will be the Broncos' starting left tackle. The Broncos and Clark reached an agreement on a two-year contract extension Friday. He signed the deal Monday."

I was just about to apologize as saw this in Denver Post Blog 1st & orange

Guaranteed money in new deal says Broncos believe in Chris Clark

Chris Clark as a backup offensive tackle got a little more money in his two-year extension than starting center Manny Ramirez got in his.

Clark was playing this season on a $1.323 million salary thanks to the leverage of restricted free agency. In the two-year extension Clark agreed to Friday — before Ryan Clady’s foot injury — and signed Monday — after Clady’s injury — he got a $677,000 upfront signing bonus. That brings his 2013 income to an even $2 million.

Clark also got $1.4 million salaries for both the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

In 2014, $400,000 of the $1.4 million is fully guaranteed. Clark thus got an additional $1.077 million in guarantee through his new contract. Clark also has $1 million in playing-time escalators that can be added on to his salaries in 2014 and 2015. He will be well on his way to hitting those play-time escalators as he will be starting in place of Clady at left tackle for the foreseeable future.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/09/17/money-in-new-deal-says-broncos-believe-in-chris-clark/21748/

PS Mac I never get an e-mail when u quote me I do for everyone else, maybe its your choice, glad I got back online when saw my own mistake to apologize

By the way,. I should of read my own article I posted better andf would not of even questioned u, totally my fault for rushing

Have a good day , My 4 PM curfew as I put it, that is 4 PM other priorities goes into effect

Well it didn't come to me in my sleep. :)

"With Clady out, Chris Clark will be the Broncos' starting left tackle. The Broncos and Clark reached an agreement on a two-year contract extension Friday. He signed the deal Monday."

Amen to that MAC! Preach Brother Preach!  :worthy:

PS Mac I never get an e-mail when u quote me I do for everyone else, maybe its your choice, glad I got back online when saw my own mistake to apologize

By the way,. I should of read my own article I posted better andf would not of even questioned u, totally my fault for rushing

Have a good day , My 4 PM curfew as I put it, that is 4 PM other priorities goes into effect

No worries.

Nobody can control somebody else's notifications - I have no idea why you don't get emails regarding mine.

However it does raise a thought. You've often spoken of fighting to stay off the site when you have things to do - so why use emails at all? Personally I don't want that extra mess in my inbox. I only use the notifications that pop up on the top of the screen. When I feel like coming here they are waiting for me, when I leave I am done - no further thought of the place until the next time I feel like coming here. Getting an email from here when I'm in the middle of something else would just be a distraction encouraging me to stop what I'm doing and hurry back here to respond. Self-discipline is hard enough without that. I come and leave here on my own terms - not because someone beckoned.

I was just about to apologize as saw this in Denver Post Blog 1st & orange

Guaranteed money in new deal says Broncos believe in Chris Clark

Chris Clark as a backup offensive tackle got a little more money in his two-year extension than starting center Manny Ramirez got in his.

Clark was playing this season on a $1.323 million salary thanks to the leverage of restricted free agency. In the two-year extension Clark agreed to Friday — before Ryan Clady’s foot injury — and signed Monday — after Clady’s injury — he got a $677,000 upfront signing bonus. That brings his 2013 income to an even $2 million.

Clark also got $1.4 million salaries for both the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

In 2014, $400,000 of the $1.4 million is fully guaranteed. Clark thus got an additional $1.077 million in guarantee through his new contract. Clark also has $1 million in playing-time escalators that can be added on to his salaries in 2014 and 2015. He will be well on his way to hitting those play-time escalators as he will be starting in place of Clady at left tackle for the foreseeable future.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/09/17/money-in-new-deal-says-broncos-believe-in-chris-clark/21748/

On a side note, the phrase "playing time escalators" is comical to me. Why? This image pops in my head regarding a player running frantically up an escalator for more cash in their pocket before all the greenbacks float away. More literary than figuratively I guess. Like a rigorous obstacle course for more money in your bank account kind of like an intense fitness workout bonus for cash. Okay, SW1 will shut up now.  :P

meant for u to get this PS but forgot to quote u

SEE COMMENT 10 starting

Mile High Report notes ( excerpts )

My nervousness with the situation isn't so much with change, it is with Clark's skillset and his problem dealing with athletic or powerful pass rushers.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4739214/with-ryan-clady-out-how-does-the-broncos-offense-change

also as know u will like this

My cousin, more like a brother as his  parents died at age 16 & 20 and we grew up together just called me to ask about mom and then to apologize for saying NY has better ELI, he says he has never seen a so called elite player QB throw to absolutly no one but only where the other team could make an IT 3 times in 1 game

He said was one of worst games he has seen him playe, esp after the first one with many IT's and now said only reason called elite was 2 drives, including 2 lucky throws with great catches for those SB wins, He said he is so inconsistent that u cant be in the elite conversation

I said dont be so hard on him, hes just in awe of his older brother, its natural, OK must go

No worries.

Nobody can control somebody else's notifications - I have no idea why you don't get emails regarding mine.

However it does raise a thought. You've often spoken of fighting to stay off the site when you have things to do - so why use emails at all? Personally I don't want that extra mess in my inbox. I only use the notifications that pop up on the top of the screen. When I feel like coming here they are waiting for me, when I leave I am done - no further thought of the place until the next time I feel like coming here. Getting an email from here when I'm in the middle of something else would just be a distraction encouraging me to stop what I'm doing and hurry back here to respond. Self-discipline is hard enough without that. I come and leave here on my own terms - not because someone beckoned.

This e-mail  notice I got same time as SW1's

It does but i feel bad not responding when someone took the time to quote me, Its my nature as the scorpion said while stinging the frog carrying him across the water

I get all done, takes longer, sometimes get confused, but Med school was harder but moms medical stuff will & always does get done, if I need to do that vewry second then will wait to respond'

----

In the meantime made 2 Med appointments 1 another minor surgery for her and another CT for me and talked with 1 Dr'

Multitasking was learned studying for med school with TV on without sound, Headphones on listening to grateful dead as reading textbooks

when asked how can i actually quote the Teacher notes and texts perfectly , I simply said I remembered them between grateful dead lines

anyway thats it now for good

JUst a short note

About to shut computer , other things to do without a computer & time to eat EYE's Hungry, took last look at headlines,

Mile high report now has weekly over reactions, they go threw many on various teams i skimmed , However they are of this opinion that stood out

Ryan Clady is out with a Lisfranc injury! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! Actually, the sky is falling. This isn't an overreaction at all.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/17/4740432/mhrs-overreaction-tuesday

Neither The Denver Post  or Broncos Website have any such reaction, just stuff previously noted

Personally I think its bad but  broncos have some weeks with lessor defenses to work things out which is good, 

I felt worse with Ballards ACl for Ballard & Colts, this I feel bad for Peyton but this may help us beat him when he returns to Indy

On a side note, the phrase "playing time escalators" is comical to me. Why? This image pops in my head regarding a player running frantically up an escalator for more cash in their pocket before all the greenbacks float away. More literary than figuratively I guess. Like a rigorous obstacle course for more money in your bank account kind of like an intense fitness workout bonus for cash. Okay, SW1 will shut up now.  :P

Very Cute SW1, very cute indeed

If Peyton can play with Charlie Johnson at left tackle and take the Colts to the SB, I think he can work with Chris Clark. His D and running game is the one that needs to get better as they get closer to the playoffs.

Peyton Manning has worked well behind shaky lines before

....and they aren't facing any defensive powerhouses..(Oak - Phily) in the next couple of weeks..

If they can get to 4-0...and maybe 7-1 the bye is week 9.

..they could survive this and stay the front runner

They'll be fine.  Are they more likely to move Orlando to the left side or put the backup in the left and keep Orlando on the right?

Chris Clark confident about replacing star OT Ryan Clady

It has been a wild week for Clark, but he's taking things in stride. To fans who might worry he'll be an inadequate replacement, his message is to relax, and he seems unconcerned with how long his counterpart will be out. In fact, he hasn't even asked him.

"It really doesn't matter," Clark said. "I'm here to do a job, and my job is to start for however long. That's what it's going to be. I've always viewed myself as a starter. In this league, you can't view yourself as a backup."

Clark's big preseason minutes will go a long way toward getting him comfortable among the starters on Monday against the Raiders, and he said his camaraderie with the offensive line is in good shape. He has a solid grasp on Peyton Manning's rhythm, too, which will help him protect the blind side of perhaps the NFL's best quarterback, and he knows said quarterback will be watching in these first days of his promotion.

Manning under pressure

So far in 2013, Peyton Manning has had plenty of protection. A look at the numbers, courtesy of Pro Football Focus:

88: Total dropbacks by Manning, tied with Drew Brees for 10th-most among quarterbacks.

22.7 percent: Percentage of dropbacks when Manning is under pressure, the lowest percentage in the NFL this season.

3: The number of times Manning has been sacked. Only five quarterbacks have been sacked fewer times. (( I think all were by Ravens ))

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24118099/broncos-chris-clark-confident-about-replacing-star-ot

Clark said Tuesday that he's comfortable and ready should his number be called upon more.

Should Clark step into Clady's starting role, it wouldn't be his first start ever, though it would be his first as an NFL left tackle., He has 6 starts as TE on the line

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Clark-Ready-to-Go-If-Cladys-Injury-Lingers/77c02141-afe8-4d2a-a287-c7b91862b511

I guess we'll see.... 

Every time they lose someone, out come the   "They're doomed threads"

First it was... Dumervil

Then... Von Miller

They don't seem to have missed a step without either of them.   

Defence has been surprisingly resilient, Cromartie much better than Bailey,, Woodward proving to be great at Mike Linebacker,  Hard hitting undrafted Duke a great surprise and says will play as does ayers Vs Oakland, but then again Bailey said he will start season so cant go by  what players or team predicts until

final injury report

Jut wait till Von comes back, his quickness is invaluable Vs read option QB's & really only in game 1 did Broncos get any real pressure,

Eli had much time till Broncos got commanding lead and then Eli just fell apart throwing balls only to where Bronco defenders were, but Eli is Elite ( 2 great SB  drives, 2 crazy throws and crazier catches = Elite )   otherwise he has always been inconsistent