Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Power Running Offense

atapcl

Can McGlynn, Lickenbach, Satele, and Fleener generate enough push to develop a power running game. The first 2 preseason games have not indicated anything positive even with Link playing TE. Hughes at FB has not been anything special. Fleener is not a great run blocking TE. Maybe Allen will help when he comes back. Havali is solib at FB and Bradshaw is a very good RB but the OL has got to produce.

I said this last week the colts played a good game last week and ran for 88 yards that is better than what they did against the bills but it still needs to be better than that if the running game is still like that come the Regular season then luck will be doing what he was last year throwing 55-60 time a game and I don't want to see that happen if they can get the running game to produce 125-130 yards a game then that would limit how many times a game luck has to throw the ball by a lot.

To me, it's not so much the total yardage that I care about, it's the effectiveness of the run.  If we can convince a defense that they actually need to pay attention to our backs, the play action pass will be a killer.  My belief though, is as long as McGlynn is on the right side they will have to try to run left, because he can't get any push. 

hahaha Satelle getting push.

McGlynn is also getting driven back.
Link held his own as compared to Olson last year, was nothing special, he benefited playing beside Castonzo who can dominate as a run blocker.
 Fleenors blocking has been pretty good so far, a lot of haters here IMO.

Teams run 50% of the time between the guards. That means we are WEAK now up the middle with Satelle & McGlynn.

That is a Big Deal as to how effective we will be this season. Just the way it will be with them as our starters. Part of the price for not dumping Freeney and his JOKE $14M last season. We had to go low rent.