Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG not happy with Shanny's rehab plan

amfootball

I agree with everything you just said.  I just don't see any mutual respect between Shanny and Griffin.  That's really all I'm saying.

It's interesting when players and coaches don't agree on everything. That means there is no buttkissery and the player isn't a mindless person who won't follow the coach blindly and not express himself. As long as things don't go the way of Favre and McCarthy....now that was just ugly haha

I don't buy the Shanahan not wanting to draft Griffin. The events leading up to the draft just don't fit with that reasoning. First time I saw the skins linked with Griffin was half way through the 2010 season and it just grew from there. Just talking heads trying to stir a pot. Is Shanahan getting tired of the media circus going on right now? I'm sure he is, but to imply there is no respect between the two is weak in my opinion if you're judging it off a couple snippets of a news conference and a dozen writer's interpretation of it (whose job it is to attract attention and get "clicks").

but...everyone's perceptions and preconceptions are different :)

McNabb does kind of come off here as bitter here. Mike Shanahan did cut him from the Redskins. So any affiliation with that franchise as long as Mike is the HC is not a good idea. Besides, McNabb comes across as needy to me living vicariously through the people he wishes to mentor. He never stood up for himself in Philadelphia at all, why would an NFL QB listen to him? I sure as hades wouldn't.

I like McNabb personally, but he had no backbone or fight inside of him at all. A front office/HC jellyfish pushover IMO. Always bending over backward to be too nice. Where's the dog? Where's the pit bull man? Stand up for yourself McNabb. 

I'd agree.  All he seems to be doing now is pouting.  He comes across as if he genuinely cares about RG3, but the problem is, he is saying things that indicate he has problems with their franchise.

RG3: "Hey coach, I am going to go talk to a guy that says you suck as a coach.  He's going to mentor me and make me a better player... you dig?"

Shanahan: "Uh, no."

McNabb: "Geez, these young kids nowadays think they know everything.  Bahumbug."

That's how this situation reads to me, with the exception to the RG3 comment, as he is smart enough to realize having any discussion with a bitter McNabb is simply pointless.

I'd agree.  All he seems to be doing now is pouting.  He comes across as if he genuinely cares about RG3, but the problem is, he is saying things that indicate he has problems with their franchise.

RG3: "Hey coach, I am going to go talk to a guy that says you suck as a coach.  He's going to mentor me and make me a better player... you dig?"

Shanahan: "Uh, no."

McNabb: "Geez, these young kids nowadays think they know everything.  Bahumbug."

That's how this situation reads to me, with the exception to the RG3 comment, as he is smart enough to realize having any discussion with a bitter McNabb is simply pointless.

I agree. McNabb looks really small here. I know his time in DC was not good as he was on the decline but why say RG is brainwashed? It is amazing to me now outspoken he is now vs. his career when he never said boo. Especially when TO was ripping every week....