Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What really concerns me...

austriancolt

peyton coming back can't fix this disaster anymore. its past the point of the QB band-aid.

wholesale coaching changes, right from the top on down (sorry Jimmy, you are done-zo). then Chris needs to tell Bill to go home. then we need to start trading to get a wealth of picks. its the rebuilding era.

peyton coming back can't fix this disaster anymore. its past the point of the QB band-aid.

wholesale coaching changes, right from the top on down (sorry Jimmy, you are done-zo). then Chris needs to tell Bill to go home. then we need to start trading to get a wealth of picks. its the rebuilding era.

We aren't going to waste the last five years of Peyton Manning's career rebuilding. We aren't going to fire Chris or Bill Polian. Jim Irsay isn't just going to forget everything they have done since 1998 and pretend like it didn't happen like some Colts fans are doing. He is going to look at the season and go well Peyton Manning was hurt, that might have had an impact on things and one losing season every 10 years isn't so bad in today's NFL. He'll probably throw some random song lyrics in there too.

As for Caldwell. He's not the problem. Frankly the team IS getting better. Now they just need to put it all together. If we get last weeks defense with tonight's offense we win. If we get this week's offense with last week's defense we win that game too. They are very beat up right now and I would probably agree with the idea it's time for Coyer to go. I think Clyde and Caldwell are doing fine though. With that said we have to see how this team plays the rest of the year. If they quit on Caldwell I might very well change my mind on that. If they play hard for him all year even when it's offical we are out of the playoffs that tells me he's reaching the players.

The only reason I'd put Caldwell on the hot seat too is because, as the head coach, he has to see the problem with the defensive scheme. If he's not willing to man up and get Coyer to make the necessary changes then I say replace them both. I know I talk about him in several coaching related threads, but another thing I respect about Brian Billick is that, in Baltimore, he made the the tough decision to fire Jim Fassel, his close friend, because the offense wasn't performing up to standard. Caldwell has to do the same thing with Coyer and if he can't then get rid of them both.

I have no problems with either Polian though....unless as someone suggested it might be Bill who is the one married to the tampa 2 but personally I don't think that's the case.

The only reason I'd put Caldwell on the hot seat too is because, as the head coach, he has to see the problem with the defensive scheme. If he's not willing to man up and get Coyer to make the necessary changes then I say replace them both.

How can Jim stand there and watch every guy play 10 to 15 yards off every receiver and like what he sees? Its not like its happening every now and then. its EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

we might have to if he doesn't have 5 years in him. he might not have 1 year left in him. you ready for that possibility?

If he has one year left then clearly that changes things. He could have none left. If he does then we cross that bridge when we get to it rather than panicing and start doing it now because he could very well have five years left.

How can Jim stand there and watch every guy play 10 to 15 yards off every receiver and like what he sees? Its not like its happening every now and then. its EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

I totally agree. Some will cite that he's an offensive minded coach but that's no excuse. Once he became head coach he took over responsibility for every aspect of the team. He has got to step in and do something and if Coyer isn't capable of making changes or refuses to then Caldwell needs to pull the trigger and get rid of Coyer. If Jim can't or won't do that then he's not HC material and should go as well.

The only reason I'd put Caldwell on the hot seat too is because, as the head coach, he has to see the problem with the defensive scheme. If he's not willing to man up and get Coyer to make the necessary changes then I say replace them both. I know I talk about him in several coaching related threads, but another thing I respect about Brian Billick is that, in Baltimore, he made the the tough decision to fire Jim Fassel, his close friend, because the offense wasn't performing up to standard. Caldwell has to do the same thing with Coyer and if he can't then get rid of them both.

I have no problems with either Polian though....unless as someone suggested it might be Bill who is the one married to the tampa 2 but personally I don't think that's the case.

I don't think that's the case at all. He didn't run it with the Bills or Panthers and he didn't run it with us when he first got here. I think he lets his coaches coach and tries to get them the best peaces he can for the type of defense they want to run.

As for the top part, that's what got Mora fired. If Irsay and Polian say Coyer has to go and Caldwell says no then yes that could do him in. With that said I don't expect that happen. So unless we go 0-16 (no coach is going to surive that) or the team quits on Caldwell I don't think he'll lose his job.

I don't think that's the case at all. He didn't run it with the Bills or Panthers and he didn't run it with us when he first got here. I think he lets his coaches coach and tries to get them the best peaces he can for the type of defense they want to run.

Yeah that's pretty much the same point I made as well. Add to that the fact that the types of players being brought in clearly changed when Dungy left and Caldwell came in in favor of larger, stronger players also indicates to me that the Polians are getting players that the HC wants. The only player that was probably all on Polian was Manning.

Yeah that's pretty much the same point I made as well. Add to that the fact that the types of players being brought in clearly changed when Dungy left and Caldwell came in in favor of larger, stronger players also indicates to me that the Polians are getting players that the HC wants. The only player that was probably all on Polian was Manning.

You know no one likes to talk about this. I think it's part of why Mudd is no longer here. Caldwell wanted to get bigger up front and Mudd coaches smaller o-lineman. So I think the Colts respected Mudd for the years of hard work by not publicly firing him and just more or less parted ways.