Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning, Brady team up.......in golf

oldunclemark

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning win secret golf match on Hail Mary

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

July 31, 2013 9:18 am ET

Peyton_Manning_Tom_Brady_Golf_Match_PebbPeyton Manning and Tom Brady teamed up to take some dudes down. (USATSI)

Everyone looks at Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as mortal enemies. But while they typically do battle on the football field for AFC bragging rights (and will again in 2013 when the Patriots and Broncos meet), it's a pretty good bet they actually like one another.

Case in point: Manning and Brady teamed up recently to take down a pair of businessmen in what Manning told theMMQB.com was "a very private round of golf" that nearly featured Manning and Brady falling to "Ed and Sam."

“Both of us felt like it was one of our biggest victories," Manning said. “We could not lose to these guys, because we knew it would go viral, within minutes."

The victory was well deserved, too, as the pair was teamed up against Ed and Sam in a best-ball match and entered hole No. 17 at a course "near Pebble Beach" with the businessmen having a "one-stroke lead."

Brady proceeded to birdie No. 17 and then Manning birdied No. 18, giving the pair of future Hall of Famers a victory over the biz suits who were looking to hang one of the coolest-sounding pelts ever on their wall. I mean, you take down Manning and Brady in a best-ball golf match? You're going to tell that story approximately eleventy billion times over the next five years.

Alas it didn't work out. Manning and Brady are superb at football and, by all accounts, quite good at golf. Brady's generally a renowned golfer (he even had an Entourage cameo playing golf) and Manning's already got a 77 at Augusta and a hole-in-one near Denver on his offseason links résumé.

Okay, I will admit that SW1 is no golf junkie. To tell you the truth, I find the sport elitist, sleep inducing, & a colossal waste of good land encompassing several acres. Having said all that, I have no problem with Manning & Brady joining forces at all. Both men seem to get along well together & respect 1 another on & off the field. I wonder what each field general does to get in the zone on the greens? What audibles come in handy there exactly? 

Is there going to be a Manning camp for golf now & does Brady show his NFL counterparts a superb swing similar to a flawless throwing motion & release on a football field? "A very private round of golf" sounds like some sort of high stakes affluent betting wager to me. Doesn't Roger Goodell frown on gambling? Only teasing! 

"Ed and Sam" reminds me of the old Warner Brothers cartoons with "Sam" & "Ralph" the coyote & the sheep dog...Okay, I will shut up now.  :P

Edited by Nadine
removed video

Yeah I know, SW1 said he was gonna shut up...1 final point first though. I said this to my friend BHC once & I stand by it. The only way I would watch golf is if you made it a Winter Olympic sport & golfers had to play in Ohio, WI, or Scotland basically somewhere wet, snowy, & cold with high velocity winds, freezing temperatures or extreme wind gusts with a bright orange ball spanning 18 holes. 

I get so tired of beautiful tropical conditions & gorgeous locations where's the skill in that? Professional golfers are so pampered...Let's see how really skilled they truly are shall we? If you win this tournament, then the phrase champion really carries some gravitas, mammoth, and monumental meaning IMO. 

Yeah I know, SW1 said he was gonna shut up...1 final point first though. I said this to my friend BHC once & I stand by it. The only way I would watch golf is if you made it a Winter Olympic sport & golfers had to play in Ohio, WI, or Scotland basically somewhere wet, snowy, & cold with high velocity winds, freezing temperatures or extreme wind gusts with a bright orange ball spanning 18 holes. 

I get so tired of beautiful tropical conditions & gorgeous locations where's the skill in that? Professional golfers are so pampered...Let's see how really skilled they truly are shall we? If you win this tournament, then the phrase champion really carries some gravitas, mammoth, and monumental meaning IMO. 

Yes, SW1 is completely serious.

All kidding aside, for those individuals who love playing golf strictly for leisurely purposes, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Knock yourself out. 

I just like up-ing the ante & increasing the difficulty level that's all. 

What's that saying? "If it were easy, everybody would do it. The hard is what makes it great" --Tom Hanks "A League Of Their Own" [A film about women's baseball league during World War II.]

Yes, SW1 is completely serious.

All kidding aside, for those individuals who love playing golf strictly for leisurely purposes, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Knock yourself out. 

I just like up-ing the ante & increasing the difficulty level that's all. 

What's that saying? "If it were easy, everybody would do it. The hard is what makes it great" --Tom Hanks "A League Of Their Own" [A film about women's baseball league during World War II.]

"

" Theres No Crying In Baseball "  --Tom Hanks "A League Of Their Own" 

Would never have guessed that either one of them was good at golf. lol.

Peyton plays with Tiger at times so u know he gets pointers, , Must be different instead of teaching his co players

Been various posts on this in past

I always find it interesting to see how these top athletes are skilled in other sports . . . not all of the athletes, just some of the top athletes . . .

I always wanted to get "No respect" pointers from Rodney Dangerfield myself Yehoodi. [A "Caddyshack" joke golf reference.]   haha

Okay, I will admit that SW1 is no golf junkie. To tell you the truth, I find the sport elitist, sleep inducing, & a colossal waste of good land encompassing several acres. Having said all that, I have no problem with Manning & Brady joining forces at all. Both men seem to get along well together & respect 1 another on & off the field. I wonder what each field general does to get in the zone on the greens? What audibles come in handy there exactly? 

Is there going to be a Manning camp for golf now & does Brady show his NFL counterparts a superb swing similar to a flawless throwing motion & release on a football field? "A very private round of golf" sounds like some sort of high stakes affluent betting wager to me. Doesn't Roger Goodell frown on gambling? Only teasing! 

"Ed and Sam" reminds me of the old Warner Brothers cartoons with "Sam" & "Ralph" the coyote & the sheep dog...Okay, I will shut up now.  :P

I think 'Ed and Sam' are alias for two names we would recognize.......and two big bucks boys who'd rather stay anonymous