Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting new fits for Colt's defense.....

NewColtsFan

Read the second paragraph on my last post.

"People talk a lot about his history of high tackle numbers. Do you know who has high tackle numbers? Someone who is loose in coverage, lets their man catch the ball, and then stops them".

Some of that tackling a wr after the catch is by design, Not alot but some

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"People talk a lot about his history of high tackle numbers. Do you know who has high tackle numbers? Someone who is loose in coverage, lets their man catch the ball, and then stops them".

Some of that tackling a wr after the catch is by design, Not alot but some

True, and quite a few came from loose coverage... tackles cannot be a measure of safety or corner success... unless you factor in the specific location on the field of the tackles.

Maybe worse supporting cast is wrong. How about just as bad?

I wouldn't consider anybody on the Chargers defense as a player that's in the top half of their position, yet Eric Weddle still remains the best safety in the league.

On the Bills, the only capable pass rushers are Mario Williams (who wasn't very good last year) and Kyle Williams, yet he's still the 2nd best safety in the league. 

Same thing goes for Devin McCourty. He's one of the lone bright spots on New England's defense, despite a less than stellar supporting cast.

None of these guys missed that amount of tackles that Bethea did, nor give up the amount of yards or receptions that he did.

I'm not implying that Bethea is a bum, but he's just a solid safety. He's not a game changer.

If u added how much each of the people on ur list are paid each year, it could really help ur argument................or hurt it, depends if they are all being paid less than 5 mil a year or whatever.  

Boyett had his knee issues/surgery early on in his senior year and didn't play the rest of the year. Any chance that he's healthy enough to play this year, given that he's had plenty of time off? Or is it more likely that he will be placed on IR and expected to play next year like we did with Chapman?

I know we all talk to the players when we watch the games as if they can actually hear us and I constantly found my self saying the same thing. "Thanks Toine". Dude was always having to fly up and make the play. I couldn't even get mad when he Would miss a tackle.

Y'all are crazy as hell talkin bout Bethea ain't coming back. Old? Him and Landry the same age.

Boyett? Dude is not gonna be the future. Special teamer? Maybe. Spot duty? Maybe, but he ain't no Eric Weddle.