Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck enjoys first taste of OTAs

From George Bremer...

http://heraldbulletin.com/sports/x1167594142/Colts-Notebook-Luck-enjoys-first-taste-of-OTAs

"I think it’s great to get out on the field with the defense and troubleshoot some stuff," he said. “Obviously, I guess all of us haven’t run this offense, we ran so much stuff at Stanford. To get out there with the defense and to feel the offense, to troubleshoot some stuff is good. Just to be out on the field with the guys going against something other than air is fun........"He just goes out and plays and doesn’t realize how young he is and just has had a nice camp,” quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen said. “Everything I said last year, he’s bright, he’s on it, he enjoys it. There’s a guy who loves football and couldn’t be around here a ton (in the offseason) so we’re pleased where he is."

Thanks, Brian....

Here's the video where the Luck quote came from....   it's on the website....

http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/Andrew-Luck-OTA-Media-Session/04a7959f-c52e-4f14-be09-c734dcffdd04

After his last season at Stanford, but before he was drafted,  Luck gave an interview where he said that one of the things he's learned about himself is that the more he plays football,  the more he grows to love it and the more important it's becoming to him....

That was one of my favorite Luck quotes....    I know he comes off as a bit of a huckleberry with his Ah Shucks attitude,  but he's not a simple kid.

He's actually a worldly kid who spent 8-10 years of his childhood in England and Germany before coming home to live in Houston, and then play his college ball near San Francisco...

The kid has been around....   he's a pretty sharp and sophisticated kid,  even with his outdated flip-phone....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• At this point, this is a rumor and ONLY a rumor.   Just saw a video on YouTube reported mostly as a rumor.   The reporter tried to imply this was going to happen.    To be clear….   NFL.com doesn’t have this, neither does ESPN.com.   So take this with a large grain of salt.      
    • Latu for me.  The kid has talent, is grateful, and I believe will become a household name.  I love the excitement he brings.
    • Mitchell, he is a man with a chip on his shoulder. Choosing the number 10 seemed a bit immature on first glance however his road post draft was filled with unnamed reports of behavior issues caused him to be “pisssd” at his draft status so I see a player that is happy to be here and prove it on the field and I look forward to seeing that 
    • The two funny things I remember from that game - it was a hot day in Cleveland, first game of the season.  We were in the end zone and we watched these two young guys dragging their totally intoxicated friend to where we were.    They yelled at the guys in back of us that they were in their seats.  The guys said they weren't, and when the drunks looked at their tickets they realized they were in the other end zone.  We watched them drag their buddy all the way there.  We weren't sure if he was alive or if it was a foreshadow of Weekend at Bernies.   The other memorable thing was the guys sitting in back of us, obviously Browns fans, told me that Jones would never amount to anything.  I think the Colts lost, but it was a fun day for me and my friends.
    • So glad AD is putting in the extra work after practice. He seems to have the work ethic and drive to be great. We all know he has the talent to be. 
  • Members

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,328

• csmopar

csmopar 16,299

• smittywerb

smittywerb 1,472

• hoosierhawk

hoosierhawk 1,439

• krunk

krunk 8,357

• cdgacoltsfan